Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing Charge 5 Firmware Release - Version 1.171.50

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We’re excited to announce that a firmware update for Charge 5. Some of you might already have this update available. If you installed it, let us know what you think!

We release updates to customers in phases. If you don’t see it, check the Fitbit app in a few days, and you’ll see a message when you can install the update. We appreciate your patience while we get this update to all of our customers. 

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

See What's changed in the latest Fitbit device update? for release notes.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

See How do I update my Fitbit device? for step-by-step instructions for updating your Charge 5. If you run into difficulty updating, see Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

We’re interested in hearing your feedback on this update! Let us know what you like! If you encounter unexpected behavior during or after your update, please post the details below.

Best Answer
1,125 REPLIES 1,125

Today I see the new clock face. ONLY 1 new clock face. Too me it is either a typo in official update message or miss communication or another problem. 

Official info is:

VERSION 1.171.50

• Find new clock faces in the Fitbit Gallery in the Fitbit app.

Faces is plural form so I expect more than 1 New clock face. Can someone explain please?

Best Answer

Got the firmware 1.171.50 update installed 2 days ago. No problems experienced with it so far. The battery charge is holding well (as prior to the update). The Find My Phone app is kind of cool. Also, I do have 25 (not 24 as was available prior) clock faces choosing from now.

Screenshot_20220808-111339.jpg

Aria, Charge 5, and Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite (Android One) user.
Best Answer

Woke up to a totally dead charge 5 this morning after it had been on charge as normal overnight. I have tried everything to charge it (all the plugs in the house, different cables etc) so that I can do all of the suggestions mentioned, but I can’t even get it to turn on after this latest update it did over night and it was working perfectly fine yesterday!!!!! I’ve read through all the comments and all I can ask is wtf happened!!!! My fitbit is dead!!! 

Best Answer

Have you had any luck sorting it out?! I’m in the same boat😢

Best Answer
None whatsoever after zillions of chats talks and instructions to change
the clock
Best Answer
They are finally REPLACING MY FITBIT
Best Answer

Well this morning 1 new clock face appeared. I thought we were getting the cool gold analog one as well 😑

Best Answer

I've also just noticed ONE new watch face. It's pretty underwhelming, just looks like all the other childish faces. Very unimpressed.

Best Answer
How did you get them to do that?? They told me a week ago that they were going to replace mine, but no word since.

I use mine as a watch so I'm trying to decide what to do. Should I buy another FitBit tracker, if so, which one. If I get a Charge 5, I'll have this same issue. If I get a different one until they finally send me a replacement, it's expensive and I won't have the features I want.

Maybe I should just switch to another brand pe4manently.  What are all of you doing?

⁣Get BlueMail for Android ​
Best Answer

I have not installed the update because my charge 5 is working fine and I don't want to break it.  I did look just a few minutes ago and I have 25 clock faces to choose from.  One more than the 24 I used to have.  No matter what they say, you obviously don't need the update to get the new (singular) clock face.

Best Answer

Interesting, they did a server side change.

Best Answer

@BillFit9  you're right about the new clock face appearing. I haven't updated the firmware either, plus I have an old version of the app - and the new "Bloom" clock face has appeared for me as well.

Best Answer

I just kept it plugged into the charger and pressing the button on the head of the charge cable over and over. Finally it came alive.  Charged to 100% then went flat a few😰 hours later.

Best Answer

Amazon or Suunto seem to have a better rep. than Fitbit these days

Best Answer

I contacted them again and they said to turn everything off so they could see if the battery was draining unnecessarily. They’ve kept their word, they contacted me to say I had no data, which was due to me not wearing it as it dies within the hour. I wore it here & there and it just died, but they’ve now offered me a replacement, no returning the old (!) one or 50% discount off a different model. I’ve gone with the replacement as I’m saving money so couldn’t afford a new one even at half price, so we’ll see. Anyone else had this? I’ve been on them for ages and then out the blue I get offered this?! 

Best Answer
Same here New one here
Best Answer

I contacted them the day my screen started to go which was the day after I updated the firmware.  Spoke to them on live chat, they were really helpful.  Sent them a video of the issue and had a replacement within 4 days.

Best Answer

Is it working ok? 

Best Answer
I got the same deal. Waiting for another new improved firmware update before risking updating again.
Best Answer

I contacted them last week when mine went dead.  I was just notified that a new one has just been shipped to me. I have a tracking number, too.

Best Answer