Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I reset steps to zero?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I returned from a trip yesterday in a different time zone. My watch reset to home time zone, but my steps are still adding to yesterday and it's 10 hours into today. How to install reset? Not sure how to turn off device.
Best Answer
116 REPLIES 116

How do i reset my fitbit to 0 or does it do it automaticaly for steps?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My step count simply does not reset every day.  It just stopped doing this.  Of course this has a positive side.  I keep getting messages saying that I have walked an incredible amount in one day.  I tried a variety of suggestions by reading the help online and the FitBit manual but nothing works.  I am now at 107,359 steps which is ridiculous for someone my age.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem with my Teamyo Hplus wristband fitbit. Please help.   I got it yesterday and ot wownt start my steps over in midnight.  I tried to look at my settings but it didn't work.   Please HELP

Best Answer
I was able to reset my steps to zero at midnight by resynching my phone to
my Fitbit Charge 2.

Nothing else worked including the instructions from Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi welcome to the FitBit community! Heart That happens to me every time I come home from a trip with a different time zone. Wait a day or two and the steps will start to reset at zero at midnight. If that doesn't work, here are the steps to reset the fitbit-

1. Plug your charging cable into your computer
  2. Plug your Charge into the charging cable
  3. Press and hold the button for 10 to 12 seconds until you see the Fitbit icon and a version number on the screen
  4. Let go of the button

HOPE THIS HELPS 🙂 If you click that vote button TYSM Cat HappyHeartSmiley Wink

Best Answer

Hello.  I own a fitbit Blaze and have a question about the steps being tracked after midnight. I find that I am showing steps of more than 1,000+ in the morning before I leave the house. This morning for example I have been up for about 4hrs and show 1,528. Could this be accurate or have I missed a setting?  Thank you very much. Ed 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Ed

This must be accurate. The only other thing is that your fitbit is in a different time zone and is resetting the time earlier into the evening and you have 1000+ steps from when you were walking. Try going to settings and changing the time zone.

Hope this helps:)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi-

I just began using my fitbit yesterday and it was at 695 steps once charged.  I figured it would reset at midnight, however this morning it was at 68 steps? How do I resolve this?

Thanks!

Deborah

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you very much. My fitbit was set to the correct time zone. I did just set the stride to automatically adjust and will see how that works.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok sounds great! Let me know the outcome

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit resets to zero at midnight but goes to 3700 steps as soon as I put it on. How do I fix that?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have noticed that the @Fitbit guy has not responded anymore. But I am also having trouble resetting my steps to zero. I have been in the same time zone, rolled past midnight, reset, gone through and done everything through the app and still my Blaze has not reset. I noticed one post stated that one of the easiest things you should be able to do is reset your steps to zero but you are unable to manually. Especially when you spend the money on one of these things. So please @Fitbit , help me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The only way I was able to reset my steps to zero was to resynch my fitbit to my phone - the steps you go through when you first get a fitbit.  Nothing else worked despite all the

online advice.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had to do same
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello. I have found that changing my time zone, waiting for the watch to finally sync with the new time zone and restarting the watch. I again put zone back to normal and reset again and the steps reset after midnight.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have read all posts and tried most recommendations all to no avail. My Charge 2 is accumulating thousands of steps, not resetting and becoming a useless piece of junk. I am furious as this is unacceptable.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Resynching the Fitbit to my phone cured my problem, BUT this does not work
for everyone.
Methinks that Fitbit should take the initiative to say that they have a
problem and need to fix it. I
doubt if they can financially replace all of the ones they have sold, but
maybe there is some
fix that will work for everyone. I certainly prefer it over the Apple
watch and do hope that they
stay in business.

Rosemary Potatoes
Best Answer
0 Votes

Apologies all round. Went online to Chat to support and they were very helpful. There is no explanation for the number of steps accumulated and / or the lack of midnight reset. However all seems ok now. Happy enough to buy a replacement for current charge with cracked screen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why it is calculating my steps when I am in car . It is showing 459 steps.why?? Wanted to know how does it calculate steps. thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

how to reset fitbit to zero steps

Best Answer
0 Votes