Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge won't sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So... after reading all these issues.. I am not the only one who had my charge just stop syncing. They updated something and that was it. I've turned off, turned on, plugged in, everything I can and it won't work... I just got it for christmas and I have only had it two weeks. MY daughter gave it to me for christmas. I am incredibly disappointed that something this expensive breaks after only 2 weeks! After all this. I can't see what the hell the hype is for this **ahem** thing... Highly disappointed!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and format. 

Best Answer
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

@nakonaska Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here! It's odd that your Flex has stopped syncing your information with your Dashboard. I'm confident that the troubleshooting steps listed in this help article will get this issue sorted out.

Let me know the outcome and I'll be around! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

View best answer in original post

Best Answer

I have a "Charge" fitbit and have Windows 8 (do not have smart phone).  I set it up online, but after several attempts to sync it up, I find out your guide states that the

Charge Fitbit will not sync/track with Windows 8.  So now what do I do?

PJ Wilson

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
50 REPLIES 50

@nakonaska Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here! It's odd that your Flex has stopped syncing your information with your Dashboard. I'm confident that the troubleshooting steps listed in this help article will get this issue sorted out.

Let me know the outcome and I'll be around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I followed someone's advice to re-install. That corrected the problem; though I do hope this is something I won't have to keep doing with little bugs. I guess if all else fails... unplug it! 🙂

Best Answer

@nakonaska I'm so glad to hear that the workaround got the issue sorted out and keep me posted if the issue persists.

I'd also like to invite you to our "Discussions" board where you can meet people, share your experiences and create topics.

Hope you have a great day my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I have been having the same problem of my Charge HR not synicing with my Iphone or computer. I have tried all the trouble shooting options and still nothing. It stopped syncing about 5 days ago.

Best Answer

@missaobay Thanks for joining our Community! If your Charge is experiencing syncing issues even though you have tried these steps, I recommend contacting our Customer Support so they can investigate further and help you to get back on track.

Keep me posted my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

My Charge would only show V110 on the screen and now it is just kind of ticking and won't do anything.

HELP

@nakonaska wrote:

So... after reading all these issues.. I am not the only one who had my charge just stop syncing. They updated something and that was it. I've turned off, turned on, plugged in, everything I can and it won't work... I just got it for christmas and I have only had it two weeks. MY daughter gave it to me for christmas. I am incredibly disappointed that something this expensive breaks after only 2 weeks! After all this. I can't see what the hell the hype is for this **ahem** thing... HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED!

Best Answer

Is there any new news on how to get the fitbit Charge to sync after it has stopped? I've already contacted customer support, but the queue is 2 days. 

I've powered my iphone off and back on, disabled/reenabled bluetooth, reset the tracker, tried the dongle and nothing. 

The tracker works fine otherwise, but it's showing that it hasn't synced at all in the last 7 days.

Best Answer

I have exactly the same issue.  Please keep me posted if you find a solution... and I'll do the same

Thanks, Lindsay 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been having the same problem for two days-- very frustrating - first time i have been on a forum so not sure how this works but hopefully they are aware of the problem and working on it?  Does anybody know?  

Best Answer
I heard from customer service, but it was after my tracker started to sync again. I reset the tracker once again doing exactly the same thing I did before, and it didn't work using the dongle/computer app. However, I tried it just for kicks once more with my iPhone, and it worked like nothing was wrong.

Just keep trying, I guess.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I stayed away overnight last night and left the house at 6:45pm.  When I returned home this morning I tried to sync again but while it wouldn't sync up to date it said my last sync was at 7:49 pm last nigtht, when I and my charge were 29 miles away!!! Which bought it uptodate til this point.  What's that about?  Kept trying today but still to no avail.  Will keep trying over the weekend and if nothing then it's another attempt to customer support.... who I haven't been able to get through to on the phone yet.  The alternative option of emailing, simply sent me back to the same menu... i.e. try all these things and if that doesn't work ring customer support!!! Frustrated isn't the word.  Incidentally if anyone at FitBit is actually reading this forum, why is nothing being done to assist and at best acknowledged? 

Best Answer

I have the same problem with my One. It won't sync to the desktop app. I have tried on two computers, reinstalled software, reset the One and it just won't work as it should. If I fiddle with stopping and restarting the service a number of times and/or stopping the .exe process, sometimes-very infrequently-it will sync.All looks ok, too. The dongle is recognized, no firewall or anti-virus in the way, Internet connected. The thing just will not work. First there was the login issue that took weeks to fix. Now this. I am beginning to wonder, as I am sure others are as well, if FitBit is worth the grief. Once again it brings up the idea that the concept is good, but the software and tech staff is not.

Best Answer

Hi @paltroon1. If this was a software issue, the gazillion Fitbit One users out there would ALL share the exact same problem. Since this is not the case, then either your Fitbit One tracker is defective; or there is something at your end that is getting in the way. Those issues are usually resolved relatively quickly with a bit of troubleshooting. There are many troubleshooting tips in I can't sync my tracker . Perhaps you can give it another shot and give us an update in the Fitbit One forum, giving as much detail as possible as to what happened, your computer(s) configuration, whether or not you're operating system(s) is up-to-date, etc. Have a ncie day.

TW

Best Answer
0 Votes

my charge always stops syncing  This time it has been 5 days and nothing.....I mean nothing works to fix the problem.  I really wanted to like this product, but the button fell off right away and so many problems syncing it all the time.  I really am sick of this!  Can someone tell me how to get a replacement?  I have had it since October 15.

Best Answer

I have a "Charge" fitbit and have Windows 8 (do not have smart phone).  I set it up online, but after several attempts to sync it up, I find out your guide states that the

Charge Fitbit will not sync/track with Windows 8.  So now what do I do?

PJ Wilson

Best Answer
0 Votes

fitbit stopped trackinh 11 days ago. HR

Best Answer

me too!

Best Answer
I just got my new Fitbit V36 I have spent over an hour and a half trying to troubleshoot getting this thing to sync to my phone I phone 6. I must say this is a very poorly packaged product. zero instructions I've had to search online for any information. And it just says searching searching searching when I have followed every instruction about Bluetooth resetting my phone etc. clearly I'm not the only person experiencing this difficulty so it does make one wonder what the philosophy and policy of this company is when it comes to trying to help consumers use the product that you are all raving about Certainly not your fault but wow shaking my head This will go back to Amazon today and will get a very bad review
Best Answer

Hi @Leftyblues it is a pleasure to have you in the Fitbit community with us.

I'm sorry to hear you returned the tracker. For more information regarding the setup you can visit this page: www.fitbit.com/setup and you can also check the link: How do I set up my tracker? If problems are found the Fitbit support team is always there to help. 

I hope you have a good week-end! 

Carlos M | Modérateur, Fitbit

Fatigué? Astuces pour mieux dormir!

Best Answer