Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game Golf doesn't sync courses with Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've followed the instructions, but can't get the app to send the courses to my watch.  Tried restarting the app, rebooting my phone, uninstalling/re-installing the app,  etc. Any suggestions?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome on board @RealMikeBrunner! We totally understand how you feel. However, since Game Golf doesn't belong to us, you'll need to reach out to them directly  by using the link in the app description for more troubleshooting steps. 

If you enjoy playing golf, I'd like to recommend another app available in our App Gallery called Golf GPS, which is totally different from Game Golf.

In case someone else is interested in trying Golf GPS (developed by Pieter Oskam) rather than Game Golf, I'm posting its description below:

The app currently provides distance to front, center and back of green. Also Bunkers, water and doglegs are supported and can be added to your course on smartwatchgolfgps.com

Other features are:

• Auto hole advance
  • Club suggestions
  • Shot tracking
  • Explanation video: https://youtu.be/PHY39M0qePQ
  • Edit your golf course : https://youtu.be/8OdXuRAfTKI
  • Features which are under consideration:
  • Heart rate/step info
  • Maps and more visual distance
  • Scorecard
  • Weather info (wind & effects)

Let me know if there's anything else I may do to assist you with. 
Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
204 REPLIES 204

Just wanted to be included in this tread. Ive nearly given up on using my fitbit with gamegolf. It doesnt recognize my course as (3) 9 hole courses and crashes when i start round. I purchased the activity tracker on the promise of a functional golf app, waited through the delayed release, only to be disappointed by the result.

Best Answer

Same problem ... is not able to send courses to ionic.

First there is a notice: Before sending to tracker sync your watch and open app. If i start Send to tracker the button change to Cancel. After 2 second the button change again to Send to tracker and the notice: Before sending ... comes again

Best Answer

There's a 500 reply thread in this section, and almost all of them are "it doesn't work".

Hopefully you didn't buy the Ionic just for golf, otherwise you've made an error. It's not an actual smartwatch, but rather a fitness tracker that looks like a watch.

Best Answer

I am having the same exact problem. Why have an app for the tracker that doesn't work? As one reply said it's a fitness tracker not a smart watch, but the app is available for use then iit should work. 

Best Answer

Same issue with mine. Its annoying as it was working fine a week ago. Maybe something in the new update? It would be nice if all apps advertised worked. 

Best Answer

Also having the same issue. Re-installed app, rebooted ionic, follow directions to sync courses to phone and nothing. It starts to sync and stops after a second

Best Answer

I've added the golf courses but my Ionic watch is telling me to add the courses on the app, which I already have. I've synced the watch several times. What should I do?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer

Ugh! I'm having the same exact issue! I was hoping to find a solution but it appears everyone is having the same problem....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! As it has been suggested here, I recommend logging out of the Fitbit app and on log back in, it also has the settings available in Game Golf to log in to the account.  Log back in to Fitbit, go for a sync and setup the local course and select "send to tracker". When you add the courses stay on the settings screen open the app and keep track on your watch as it builds your courses. 

If you keep having issues with the Game Golf app, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app. Then, from the Fitbit app, reinstall the Game Golf app and try transfering the golf courses.

If you are still having difficulties with this after following those suggestions, I'd like you to send me screen shots of the error message or blank screen you're getting so I can go from there. 

In addition, I think it's great that you update the Fitbit app to the latest version (iOS and Android). I always recommend keeping both the tracker and the Fitbit app up to date with the latest versions. If you haven't already done so please update the Game Golf app.

Thanks so much for your efforts in troubleshooting this syncing inconvenience. I truly appreciate that!

I'll be around, so keep me posted! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Hiya. I have tried the above to no avail.

There is no error message as such.  Just a circle with a line through it next to the courses not synced to the ionic.

I've even tried a full factory reset of the ionic and that did not work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for following my suggestions @CascornyWoman Very Happy I've created a Support Case on your behalf - you should soon receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to let me know.

Best Answer

I have tried all suggestions, unfortunaly without sucsess. After Send to tracker i still can see for one second on ionic a try to build the course than it fall back to note: sync ionic and start the app ...

Best Answer

This is exactly what is happening to me

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is it possible for you to create a support case for all of us? Or at least post the results of the fix (assuming there is one)?

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

When/if there is a fix I'll post it on here. I've not heard anything from the support case yet. 

Best Answer

Inherited the Ionic from my wife, too many gadgets to figure out.  So, with 3yr old Bushnell golf watch having battery issues, figured to go for it.  Had the same issues described here at first.  The suggestion to the game golf app on my phone (apple) and log out of the account and then back in did the trick for me.  I'll let you know how my first round goes.  Hoping to head out this afternoon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Things went pretty well!  The app is very basic but very accurate.  Two options that I think will go a long ways towards making Game Golf a must have app for golfers:

- A must have: Automatically bring up the next hole.  Currently, you have to manually swipe up to get to the bottom of the screen an press an arrow to have it display the next hole.  At worst, add the option to use the top/bottom buttons to scroll through the holes.  Makes it a one step process instead of a two step process.

- A very nice to have: This is basic for most golf gadgets, need to see distance to and over hazards.

Definitely potential here.

Best Answer

Hi everyone. Thanks to @gbourgoin for the feedback and giving me the idea to get this fixed.

After trying what felt like everything on my own phone and fitbit app and ionic. I tried using the significant others phone. Hers is an iPhone whereas mine is Sony zx. Luckily she doesn't have a fitbit tracker so I was able to download the fitbit app to her phone. And use her phone to sync my settings within the gamegolf app to my ionic. This seems to have worked. Obviously this should be a temporary fix until the issue is sorted. But if you can get your hands on an iPhone you may be able to sync courses across to the ionic. 

Looking forward to trying this out on the course tomorrow.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @kpedronino, it's nice to have you here! Thanks for already troubleshooting this, nice way to go! 

I recommend logging out of the Fitbit app and then, log back in. The Game Golf also has the settings available to log in to the account, what I recommend doing as well. Then, log back in to Fitbit, go for a sync and setup the local course and select "send to tracker". When you add the courses stay on the settings screen open the app and keep track on your watch as it builds your courses. 

If you keep having issues with the Game Golf app, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app. Then, from the Fitbit app, reinstall the Game Golf app and try transfering the golf courses.

If you are still having difficulties with this after following those suggestions, I'd like you to send me screen shots of the error message or blank screen you're getting so I can go from there. 

In addition, I think it's great that you update the Fitbit app to the latest version (iOS and Android). I always recommend keeping both the tracker and the Fitbit app up to date with the latest versions. If you haven't already done so please update the Game Golf app.

I'll be around, so keep me posted! Robot Very Happy

Best Answer