Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game Golf doesn't sync courses with Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've followed the instructions, but can't get the app to send the courses to my watch.  Tried restarting the app, rebooting my phone, uninstalling/re-installing the app,  etc. Any suggestions?

Best Answer
204 REPLIES 204

After over 1 year and 180 posts, surely Fitbit should take Game Golf off the list of "accredited" Apps on their Store if they can't find a solution to getting it to work on the Ionic. I have been through all of the suggestions on this Forum, to no avail. I have got to the stage where it (eventually) says "building courses" 0/3 but never progresses any further than this, it just reverts back to the Clock screen after varying amounts of time, from 10 seconds to 10 minutes but all with the same result. Very frustrating and especially annoying when Fitbit can see from this forum that there's a problem installing it on Ionic but still refuse to take it off the list. Someone should be made responsible for the list of apps.

Best Answer

Micko2003,

I totally agree!!!

Cheers!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I know, and I feel your pain.
The app is also a test from God, to help you through the process of
puzzling on the Game golf app.
Crack the knuckles and try again. Get the Fitbit manual and follow the
steps again... and again until you have reached golf app ninja status and
can load and unload courses in less that three minutes and five hours.
Let me know how it goes.
--

ADRIAN CARSTENS
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Micko2003@Rusbunga, and @AdonisAstray! A new version of Game Golf (version 1.0.10) has been released into the Gallery. This release includes a fix to help conserve battery life among some other changes. You can see the full change-log, by following this link

If the syncing issue persists, I recommend logging out of the Fitbit app and on log back in, it also has the settings available in Game Golf to log in to the account.  Log back in to Fitbit, go for a sync and setup the local course and select "send to tracker". When you add the courses stay on the settings screen open the app and keep track on your watch as it builds your courses. 

Keep me posted.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there MarreFitbit and thank very much for trying to help. I have installed and uninstalled now a number of times but to no avail. I have the latest version of Fitbit and game golf app as you suggested but still no joy. I will post a picture of where it freezes on both the game golf app and also the Fitbit Ionic watch. Please see attached and if you can advise, that would be great. They both stay on these screens and don't move on.....Won't move on from here on the watch....Won't move on from here on the watch....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screenshot_20190617_203730_com.fitbit.FitbitMobile.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ok, so don’t laugh but try rebooting the phone if you haven’t done THAT yet
--

ADRIAN CARSTENS
Best Answer

Hi Adrian, thanks for the advice, I've tried that now too but still getting the same 2 screens. Any other advice would be appreciated.

Hi Adrian, thanks for the advice, I've tried that now too but still getting the same 2 screens. Any other advice would be appreciated....

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

HI Marre,

I have tried everything you said, including restarting my phone and logging out of the app.

Have only managed to see the building screen once, and then it disappeared.

So essentially, nothing has been fixed.

Regards,

Russell

Best Answer

@Micko2003 @Rusbunga  I'm sorry for the late response. However, if you still experience issues with the app, please contact the developer directly so they can assist you accordingly. I really understand how you guys feel and thank you for your feedback.

@AdonisAstray thank you for your help!

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Don't bother with the developer. I went ten rounds with them and here we are still wishing for a functional app. Same results as always. Good thing I have the mostly functioning Game Golf Android app to boot me from my golf rounds.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @RealMikeBrunner! We totally understand how you feel. However, since Game Golf doesn't belong to us, you'll need to reach out to them directly  by using the link in the app description for more troubleshooting steps. 

If you enjoy playing golf, I'd like to recommend another app available in our App Gallery called Golf GPS, which is totally different from Game Golf.

In case someone else is interested in trying Golf GPS (developed by Pieter Oskam) rather than Game Golf, I'm posting its description below:

The app currently provides distance to front, center and back of green. Also Bunkers, water and doglegs are supported and can be added to your course on smartwatchgolfgps.com

Other features are:

• Auto hole advance
  • Club suggestions
  • Shot tracking
  • Explanation video: https://youtu.be/PHY39M0qePQ
  • Edit your golf course : https://youtu.be/8OdXuRAfTKI
  • Features which are under consideration:
  • Heart rate/step info
  • Maps and more visual distance
  • Scorecard
  • Weather info (wind & effects)

Let me know if there's anything else I may do to assist you with. 
Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Wait... the developer responded THAT many times. Well, I'd like to give a
Nod to that even though they couldn't help. Bummer.
Maybe if you were jogging while playing golf fitbit could jump in and get
the app some help. "Here, he ran a 10' mile from the Tee to the ball and
another 31' mile while searching for the ball in the rough, on his/her
second shot. (scoffing & laughing)" THIS collaboration may juuust help.
Great to note that the app on the phone works, I'll give it a firm try.

--

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes

I Completely agree.  This app does not work properly.  It does not remember my login, so I have to login on phone every 5 minutes.  Crashes after syncing course to phone.  Then asks me to log in again.  Total time waste.

Best Answer
0 Votes

THAT sucks. After exactly a year my Fitbit Ionic died. I contacted customer
service and they saw I had one registered, and sent me their 30day return
policy. I wrote back very nicely asking them not to be dicks.
Well they finally offered me 40% off a new one. I feel like the watch died
waay too close to the 1 year mark so... their stocks can KMA.
Sorry about the golf game, I’ve helped sooo many guys with the same issues
and it’s still giving the exact same flak. All in all...? That watch was
made for walking, and THATS just what you gotta do.
--

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nice One
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit updated yesterday to version 27.33.1.30 and I was able to download the course immediately to the app on my Ionic. I will be playing this evening and I will do a test then on the functionality of the app. Fingers crossed !!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Used the Game Golf App last night playing my home course. Found the course and the holes perfectly well to begin with but after each shot the app closed down and I had to open it again. It then asked me "Resume Round" and when I clicked "yes" it said "Looking for GPS". If I had moved to the next hole I had to click the forward arrow and then it resumed (until after the next shot where the whole process had to be undertaken again). There is a way to focus in on the front, middle and back of the green while playing the holes and this gives you a good overview of where the dangers are This app seems excellent and there are some lovely features, hole layouts and hazards etc. I would use it again but until the app stays running, I'm afraid it's back to Golf GPS again, which works excellently.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Micko,

I managed to quickly download course on the app also! Couldn't believe it worked so fast!

Pity it keeps shutting down while you play!

Best Answer

Hi @AdonisAstray@Micko2003 and @Rusbunga, I'm glad to see you here. @SunsetRunner, welcome to the Community Forums. I'm sorry for my delayed response.

I'm sorry that you're having this experience, and I appreciate the time taken to troubleshoot this app You did a great job. As @MarreFitbit posted above, I'd recommend to get in touch with the Game Golf's developer if the issues persist, so they can give you a hand.

@Micko2003, it's great that the Golf GPS app is working flawlessly, and @Rusbunga, thank you also for giving a try to the Game Golf app.

If you have another question, feel free to reply back.

Best Answer
0 Votes