Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUP - Support

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

icon@1x.png

***UPDATE 2020-09-28***

Because the Exercise API has never been fully supported by Fitbit and e.g. the issue with the name was never fixed, I will not continue to develop the app further and phase it out. Since I have switched to another product myself, and this has always been a private project, I will not invest any more time in development. I'm sorry for all the users.

Patrick

I am the developer of the SUP app for Fitbit OS. Feel free to ask any questions or post details of any problems.

SUP is an Fitbit App to track your Stand Up Paddling sessions on the water.
Displays important statistics such as heart rate, current speed, average speed, max speed, distance paddled, total strokes* and total session duration.

Screenshot 2019-01-09 at 14.39.17.png Screenshot 2019-01-09 at 14.39.36.pngScreenshot 2019-01-09 at 14.41.21.png

All session data is recorded in the Fitbit activity log so you can view the data in the Fitbit mobile app and on Fitbit.com.

*I am using the step detection for counting the strokes. I tested it multiple times while paddling and I am quite happy with the count.

The application uses the Exercise API added in Fitbit OS 3.0 and is based on the sdk-exercise by Jon Barlow.

Please make sure that you have installed Fitbit OS 3.0.

If interested in helping me making the app better. Please contact me or checkout the project in Github: https://github.com/pfederi/fitbit-sup

Best Answer
79 REPLIES 79

Is there an app for SUP (standup paddleboard).

If not, why not? 

Garmin has one.

Thanks, Jim

Best Answer

I’m happy to report that a third party app has been developed for the Ionic and Versa watches. Tap here for more details but the jist of the information is below:

===========================================

We’re excited to let you know that this Feature Suggestion has been developed by a third party developer, and can be downloaded from the Fitbit App Gallery available on Fitbit Smartwatches. You’ll find it by selecting your connected Smartwatch (such as Fitbit Ionic) in the Fitbit app, then choosing the ‘Apps’ tile and toggling to ‘All Apps’ at the top of the screen. You can then explore third party apps by category and choose your favorite of the relevant options available. Happy exploring!

Please note that if you have feedback or a suggestion for the third party app, you can contact the developer directly. Open their app in the Fitbit App Gallery and you’ll find their contact details under ‘app details’ or ‘clock face details’.

Don't forget you can always manually add activities like surfing that aren't automatically tracked to get an accurate calorie count.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This information did not help me. What would help is the name of the app and its developer.

Thank you. Jim

Best Answer

Hello again, @jw41. I’ve checked with the moderator who posted the information, asking her for the name of the app. (I was not able to find it either.) When I hear back from her, I’ll let you know. 

In the meantime, tap here to add your vote to support the request for this type of app. 

Best Answer

Hi @jw41. I’ve heard back from the moderator who has now edited the previous response. Sorry to say there is no current app for SUB. But if you tap here, you can add your vote to the request for such an app. 

Best Answer

I have just purchased my Fitbit ionic and have to say I'm shocked you guys don't have a SUP (not SUB as above) App.  Please make it known this is a fast growing sport and would be much appreciated.

Best Answer

Welcome on board @gregmoore! I'd like to give thanks for the feedback you've provided towards our product. Rest assured that our engineers and product development team use this information to further improve our products and services which lead us to release new Fitbit trackers. 

We provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback. 

As my friend @SunsetRunner mentioned above, you can check the Feature Suggestion: Loving Windsurfing/Surfing/Stand Up Paddleboarding. This suggestion is marked as "No currently planned" but's still open for votes. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Let us know if there's anything else you'd like us to assist you with.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Maybe we are such a few persons that vote this because, maybe many people choos to buy antother brand with that option. Now SUP is a olympic sport, with a very fast gowing community, maybe Fitbit developers have to take note of this. I think if you have that optiona avaliable you can get more fitbit users.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @chatlyuy! I really appreciate the feedback towards this suggestion. As I mentioned above, our engineers and product development team use this information to further improve our products and services.

If you haven't done so yet, you can check the Feature Suggestion: Loving Windsurfing/Surfing/Stand Up Paddleboarding. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Let me know if you have additional questions.

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Exercise API added in Fitbit OS 3.0 allowed me to develop a Stand Up Paddling App. Just search for SUP in the store.

CLNmNIVkC2ZhOLBmBXooCI_aAIVrCIFhNL4XBq3sBqFtBnCY@1x.pngC2.qBnFpDIZhOLFmOHooNLO_AIVmBIFhBLNtC23tO2KZOINn@1x.pngCY7tCY0ZNnFhOa3rBHooB2FnAL3mCaFhNYOZC2RlB2CWC5Oa@1x.png

Best Answer
0 Votes
I can't find it
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that it's only available on Versa by now. Ionic Compatibility is in review and should be available soon. Please make sure that you have installed Fitbit OS 3.0.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @federi, this is awesome! Robot Very Happy As my friend @chatlyuy, looking forward to having it on my Ionic. Versa users gonna love it! 

Keep us posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Many thanks for your efforts.

I have the app installed on my Versa now and plan to use it tomorrow (in Florida).

I have a couple of questions:

How do you get speed and distance? Do I have to carry a device that provides GPS?

Would it be possible to display all the data on one screen since tapping while paddling is hard.

Are you aware of the "Motionize" tracker. I have one and it does a good job.

Thanks again for your work. I will report results from tomorrow.

Jim Wells

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Jim

For speed and distance you will have to pair the app with a phone. I always have my phone with me in a waterproof bag for emergencies.

Thant you for the Idea to show more data on one screen. Will have to think about which kind of data would be interesting to see on one screen. As I am new to developing Fitbit App I will have to find out how to make a companion app for choosing settings so that one can change between one ore multiple screen for data view. Or maybe I just will add an additional screen to the current screens as a quick solution.

I never heard of the Motionize tracker but just checked their website. Looking good but they don't seem to provide a API for data transfer.

Cheers from Switzerland

Best Answer

Thank you so much !!  Please let us know when the Ionic version is released and really looking forward to using this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@federi Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for taking the time to create this thread regarding your app so users can provide any comments or feedback they may have about it. Thanks for creating such a useful app. I hope a lot of users will download it and enjoy it.

I will leave a picture of how the icon of the app looks so other users may have in mind:

SUP.PNG

See you around! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Version 1.1.0 wit Ionic Support is available at the store. Have fun.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Version 1.1.0 wit Ionic Support is available at the store. Have fun.

Best Answer
0 Votes