Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Data on app and dasboard

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 11/30/2019: Most missing data affected by the aforementioned issue has been restored, and should be visible in your account as normal. We believe that a small amount of data synced during the issue (Nov 29 3:40 PM - 9:00 PM PST) is still unavailable and are investigating recovery options.

Update 11/29/2019: This issue has been corrected, so no additional users will be affected. We are still working to determine whether the missing data can be restored. Thanks again for your patience while we work on this.

Hi Everyone- I've merged severaly threads together. We're aware that some users may see missing account data, including steps, sleep, and logged activities. We are investigating these reports and will provide an update once we have more information. Thanks very much for your patience and reports. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
156 REPLIES 156

Just a hour or so ago I opened my app and synced my Fitbit and there is no history  or activity other than today. I have searched and read other topics where people had 2 accounts. I do not, and my app was not logged out when this issue started. 

Some steps I took to try to fix the issue:

-Logged out of the app

-Reinstslled the app

-Synced my Fitbit multiple times

A few weird things:

-The work week challenge I am in only shows my steps for today, nothing from Mon-Wed

-I have all of my trophies still

-My calories burned for the day is around 1800, which is probably somewhere around my BMR. I am usually around 3000 by the end of the day

-My steps for today seem accurate

Does anyone have any tips on what I can do to get my history back?

Best Answer

Hi, I lost all my dashboard data as well. it bought in may 18. All was great till this morning.

So I actually called FITBIT and support said they're having technical issues across the board and their Engineers are fixing this problem. They said data will be restores just not sure when!!

Best Answer
Thank you for letting me know they are working to restore the system!
I will check it tomorrow. Greatly appreciated.
Best Answer
You are correct. All the Step data is gone too. 😞 I will start a chat.
Thanks for your help.
--
Alicia DeBroux
BBA - Accounting/Finance
UW-Oshkosh Alumna
920-422-1814
Best Answer

Same thing all of my steps except for today's are all missing/erased?  Anyone have the solution?

Best Answer

@nalijbone Could you please check the Dashboard on Fitbit.com if the data is correct there? Try logging out and back in to Fitbit mobile app as well.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Ionic wont sync.

I have reinstalled Fitbit App on my Note 9. I have restarted bluetooth. Restarted phone and Fitbit. Done a factory reset twice. Forgotten my ionic on blue tooth and readded. Its driving me nuts.

Best Answer

Hi recently synced phone and it has deleted all my steps since I have owned fitbit charge 2.0it now says I have walked an average of 69 steps a day since December. Have had charge 2 since June 1st. Has also lost my sleep, however has kept average heart rate

Please help

Best Answer

@Melagna Can you still see the data on your tracker? Did you lose the data from Fitbit mobile app? If you go to Dashboard on Fitbit.com, is the data there?

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
0 Votes

Happening on my Ionic as well, and I see it's happening to others too. This seems to be a widespread problem, not isolated to your device or account. Let's hope they can fix and restore all data quickly. 

Best Answer
Uninstalling and reinstalling had no affect. Some of the information is there some is not. I was reading other posts in the IOS section and this seems to be a common problem this evening. Based on my hourly step counter it happened sometime prior to 4pm MST. I have not steps, calories, Heartrate prior to that time and also days prior
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks so much for replying, I hope they get it fixed soon!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Today after syncing my Surge activity for the last month got erased. Tried restarting but nothing... info were synced at noon a and everything was looking ok

Best Answer

This has happened to my Ionic as well. Calorie, active minute, HR data, and sleep info is all gone from the tracker, app, and website. Seemingly all data, going back forever. Look at other product community forums and you'll see the same issue reported by multiple users. It's clearly a widespread problem, and Fitbit needs to rectify it ASAP and restore all missing data or risk losing a lot of customers. 

Best Answer

Lost all data

what happened?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I had similar issues and I am in a Run the Year race. All of the sudden today my fit bit is erasing everything in the past. On Monday November 26 I had 13 miles and now today it says the same date is 0. I do not have two trackers and I do not enter data manually. The o lybthing that happened is I was reviewing my mileage for the week and as I was using the back arrow buttons in the FITBIT app...my steps were simultaneously being deleted. Please provide instructions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has happened to my charge 2 also. Checked it last night and everything was fine, then this morning everything (except today and yesterday) is gone. 

I have also tried everything to fix it by reading past threads and nothing is working. Hopefully this is rectified ASAP

@Milb0040 wrote:

When I synced my charge 2 today, it shows today’s information, but everything for the last 3 years is gone in my past history. I have restarted my phone, disconnected my Bluetooth, and restarted my charge 2. Any other suggestions to retieve the data?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same with me. Only todays steps are there. 

Best Answer

I've been using my Fitbit for a few weeks. Was really impressed, and was going to buy my wife and son their own. Now it seems all the data is lost. Who knows how extensive this is? Frankly this isn't cool Fitbit. I used the online chat, but didn't get any joy except they were saying they would report it. No indication the data would be recovered. Perhaps we should start to twitter #fitbitlosesdata

Best Answer
0 Votes

All of a sudden my blaze is no longer showing any of my steps except for today! Everything has reset to zero. What’s going on?

Best Answer
0 Votes