Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Report Showing the Wrong Loss/Gain Steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update - 02/28/18: Our engineering team has released a fix for the weekly report issue and you should see a more accurate depiction of your week-over-week step difference. Thanks for sticking it out and being very patient.

Please keep in mind that our system submits weekly report totals between Sunday night (11:59P) and early Monday morning. In order for our system to generate a complete week’s worth of data in a weekly report, the tracker must sync by Sunday night or early Monday morning to be included in the weekly report. Reports are sent out Mondays and continue through Tuesday of every week.

For those of you who reported the week-over-week step difference was off, let's wait for next week's weekly report to see if the accuracy is improved. I welcome you to continue providing any feedback regarding your experience. Thanks everyone!

Fitbit Update - 09/12/17: Hi everyone! Thanks for taking the time to report this issue. After looking at my own weekly report emails and speaking with our team, I can confirm that the loss/gain step data on Fitbit Weekly Reports has affected many if not all users. Rest assured that this issue is on our radar and our engineering team is currently investigating. When I hear something new, I'll be sure to update this thread to keep everyone in the loop. I appreciate your patience. Robot Happy

Screen Shot 2017-09-05 at 11.13.10 AM.png

Best Answer
174 REPLIES 174

I know a couple of people who own an iwatch and although I’m impressed with the look etc I’m not too keen on the price tag which Apple like to charge for their product. The dilemma is that the Fitbit is just not a good product any more and I had to fight for a replacement strap when I’ve only owned this Charge 2 for 8 months! This is my second Fitbit as the first strap bubbled up but after the grief with the step count being wrong since the purchase in July I wish that I had never bought this one. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

We ALL need to tweet the Fitbit CEO. Complaints in numbers is what is needed.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did!!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Before I retired, I was a software developer/computer programmer. When we first wrote programs, we’d normally write them in pieces. For instance, if we didn’t yet have the data to compare steps taken this week to last week, we would write the rest of the program and just hardcode a number in there for the time being.

We never actually released this version of the program to users.  We would not release the program (that produces the report) until the data needed was available and the arithmetic operation could be added to the program. Then the report program could “go live.”

It almost seems to me like that’s what they were doing when they hardcoded the 10,281  steps while waiting to get access to the real data but then for unknown reasons released this unfinished version of the program to us users. 

Incredibly sloppy.  

And why not fix it and release the correct version of the program to production so we can get correct reports again?

Best Answer

I lost 11k steps 8 floors and time and calories yesterday.  Please fix the app to ensure all efforts are counted.  This is very frustrating when I am competing with others.    Jon

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too have been emailing and ringing Support (almost monthly) on this issue amongst many others to Support with the same reply - we are aware and working on it - my first email was on the 12/6/2017 - this issue along with numerous others only seemed to have occurred with the change to the new horrendous and totally useless new dashboard front on the app - Fitbit cannot see this (when I click the arrow to go back a day I want all the previous days info not just the step tiles data - I mean what's the point in having Wednesdays Step and cals with todays (Mondays) heart and water - this is basic logic and common sense ) - they either need to admit they made a mistake and roll back to the old dashboard while they get a tech team in that can solve all the issues or concentrate on fixing the errors in a timely manner (7 months is not acceptable) - they also seem to think that when you set week start to Sunday it means Monday - sensitive sleep no longer works and 24h (like the weekday start) only applies to certain tiles

Ok rant over because as usual they say they care but they need to show it not just pay lip service.

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted
Best Answer
0 Votes
What number do we call to get support?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sturge Hi m8 to get to support (England - UK) use the following

0800 069 8505

Monday - Friday 8:00am - 7:00pm Saturday- Sunday 10:00am - 5:00pm

For anyone else wishing to know the other means of contact do the following -

1, on PC Dashboard scroll to the bottom and find about us (Click in that)

2 the page it takes you to at the top will say contact us (click on that) this will take you to a page with various options - click customer support then lets talk (Get Support button) this will give you 6 options

Hope this helps

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks mate
Best Answer
0 Votes

Vitality run a rewards program where Fitbit can be used to track activity and policy holders at Vitality then receive reward points:

https://www.vitality.co.uk/rewards/partners/activity-tracking/

I am going to contact Vitality to see if they are aware of this issue with Fitbit and the weekly tracking.

Both Fitbit and Vitality websites are built using Salesforce.    Maybe, if Fitbit don't have the correct people working in their team, Vitality may have people in their team who do have the skills to get this incorrect tracking of steps fixed and they might be able to point the Fitbit team in the correct direction about how they can fix their weekly dashboards.

Best Answer

Hi

Are there been any updates on this matter?

Every report I’ve received since I purchased my Fitbit in July 2017 shows a difference of 10,281 steps each week. Good to know it’s not just me but I’m amazed Fitbit has been aware of this for so long but hasn’t resolved the situation. 

Best Answer

Doesn't look like there is - I ring and email them about this on a monthly basis and get told the same things, " we are aware and its being looked into" or "we have now escalated this" - al they seen interested in is asking me to use the updated app which is not as user friendly as they make out but refuse to admit they need to change it in any way - the only reason I mention this as its only since the removed the old dashboard (lines not circles) that this error has occurred but 8 months down the line from first report of this issue is not good for the reputation of Fitbit - this is a shame because if they listened to their customers and fixed errors in a timely manor they could be the best tracker for value out there - they also need to look into the fact if you select Sunday as you week start then everything to do with your account needs to be started on a Sunday and not on a Monday ie weekly progress report

Best Answer
0 Votes

In my weekly report this week it says that I have gained 2lbs when in fact I have lost them. Anyone else seeing this issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 2 band broke and my fitbit fell off my wrist - but I didn’t notice so now I don’t have one. The complete lack of response to this issue by Fitbit means that I won’t be buying another. It’s Garmin for me. This issue is really no big deal, but Fitbit’s lack of response to implement an easy fix shows their complete disregard for their customers. Once they have your money they apparently no longer care.

Bye bye, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kirstyjo see the OP by @CarlosCFitbit, who might be able to provide us with an update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank @Rich_Laue but the updated post was from Dec last year - is there a newer one if so is there any chance of posting the link - as my ref above I am still getting the same response as from those posts last year and that is via phone and email from support - I think the main issue is the length of time it is taking to rectify this issue as it was reported June/July last year and for something that worked b4 the update to not working after the solution seemed clear - revert to before the issue started - sort out all errors/issues the re-initiate the update surely that would have been win / win - (just my suggestion but it must be better then this?)

Best Answer
0 Votes

December of last year was only maybe 60 days ago. As you noticed I paged Carlos for an update. 

Revert to the past could be possible, if they new which change caused it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue yes you are right it certainly was - all I was trying to say was when the problem first got reported it would have been easier to revert back to when it was fine - IE update 2.47 (linear dashboard) and the tiled dash was still in beta test and gradually add functions of the new update bit by bit until they get to where the issue was - in the meantime everyone would be getting the correct information still - now im no expert but as this is a prob with steps that's where I would start as they know the issue isn't with sleep/heartrate/water etc again reducing the investigation time of the issue - the fact that they have continued to push out updates could be a factor in them not resolving this issue as it pushes the problem further into the programming (compacting the issue) therefore making it harder to find - doing it this way may have not taken this amount of time also - (if you know what I mean 😉 )

I tend to look at things logically and this seems to be the most logical and sensible solution to all there issues not just this one - just food for thought

and lastly do you really wear all those trackers at the same time 😜

fellow s8 owner

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's absolutely incredible that FitBit still haven't managed to fix this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately Kirsty, you are not in the minority with this issue.  I have been complaining since July

like you and they are honestly not bothered that so many of us users are unhappy.  

Best Answer
0 Votes