Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Report Showing the Wrong Loss/Gain Steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update - 02/28/18: Our engineering team has released a fix for the weekly report issue and you should see a more accurate depiction of your week-over-week step difference. Thanks for sticking it out and being very patient.

Please keep in mind that our system submits weekly report totals between Sunday night (11:59P) and early Monday morning. In order for our system to generate a complete week’s worth of data in a weekly report, the tracker must sync by Sunday night or early Monday morning to be included in the weekly report. Reports are sent out Mondays and continue through Tuesday of every week.

For those of you who reported the week-over-week step difference was off, let's wait for next week's weekly report to see if the accuracy is improved. I welcome you to continue providing any feedback regarding your experience. Thanks everyone!

Fitbit Update - 09/12/17: Hi everyone! Thanks for taking the time to report this issue. After looking at my own weekly report emails and speaking with our team, I can confirm that the loss/gain step data on Fitbit Weekly Reports has affected many if not all users. Rest assured that this issue is on our radar and our engineering team is currently investigating. When I hear something new, I'll be sure to update this thread to keep everyone in the loop. I appreciate your patience. Robot Happy

Screen Shot 2017-09-05 at 11.13.10 AM.png

Best Answer
174 REPLIES 174

The saga continues.... Since I posted my message about the discrepancies between the reports and the app a couple of weeks ago, I, like a number of others, have been recording my own stats. 

Report for 25 to 31 Dec states 46,996 steps while the app recorded 72,866 - a BIG difference. 

Report for 1 Jan to 7th Jan 2018 says 58,250 steps which is the same as the app.  Yeah!!!! Maybe it is fixed.  (Still has the 10,281 fewer than last week though 🙂 )

I have just realised something else.  My Fitbit is linked to my Medibank Account.  As an incentive to encourage members to exercise, Medibank rewards members with 10 FlyBuy points for each day they walk 10,000 steps on their FitBit.  I am now wondering, whether the information FitBit sends to Medibank is based on these incorrect reports, in which case, I may not be getting any FlyBuy points for my efforts at all?

Best Answer

SIX MONTHS IS TOO LONG TO HAVE THIS PROBLEM.  Please, Fitbit staff, make this a priority, escalate it, and GET IT FIXED.  It's gone from a minor annoyance to a disturbing omen -- if something as simple as this can't be fixed, is there any future in this?  I have recommended Fitbits in the past, but pretty soon I'm going to be talking about glitches and their unresponsiveness.  Please don't let it come to that.

Best Answer
Yes! Every week I get more and more angry. Every week they don’t fix this issue. Every week they don’t say anything in this forum. And every week I am no longer a walking commercial for Fitbit. Now I’m starting to tell people it’s obvious Fitbit doesn’t care. Because they won’t acknowledge or fix a simple issue! So infuriating

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I think that unfortunately there is not enough of us Fitbit users on this forum complaining so the people at Fitbit are not honestly bothered about sorting out this issue.  Like many people on here, I no longer tell people "its fab" as I feel you pay a lot of money for a product that doesn't deliver what it says.  Smiley Mad

Best Answer
Frustrating isn't it to be totally ignored for months now!
Best Answer

Absolutely disgusting to ignore your customers this way. I can’t wait to make my next purchase and it not go to a company who doesn’t care. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

To be honest, I don't think the administrators even look at these Community posts, I think it's only us out there in the Fitbit community who are reading these.  I wonder how we can get the message to those in charge.  Think I'll have a look on Linkedin and find an email address for the Chief Executive of Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Found him, James Park, CEO and founder of Fitbit.  He's on Twitter, let's all tweet him!

https://twitter.com/parkjames?lang=en

Best Answer

Anybody try reporting this problem using one of these options?

http://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US&cu=1&fs=ContactUs

You can chat, call, or write.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here is the problem phone number:  (877) 623-4997

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I tried. Got the following response on 23rd Nov 2017

“Thanks for getting back, Val. Regarding the step loss/gain per week, this issue is already raised to our engineers and they're aware of this already. As of the moment, we're working around the clock to have the issue resolved. We appreciate your extended patience as we work on this.”

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Carlos

Any further news on this issue of the 10,281 steps?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh how funny!!  So they've been "working around the clock" since November to fix a simple arithmetic operation?  What a joke, eh??

I KNOW they have the data.  It's there.  I download my data every week now to my laptop.  I then do the simple subtraction myself every week (in Excel) using the data I've downloaded from them.

What is stopping them from doing the same simple operation in their report?????

Best Answer
Fitbit has been aware of the issue since around July/August of 2017. They just say “they are working on it”

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve just messaged them again to find out if those poor engineers are still ‘working round the clock’. They replied 

“Hi there, Val. We don't have anything to share yet but rest assured that someone is looking into this. Keep us posted on other concerns!”

I’ve also tweeted the CEO James Park. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just tweeted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you dig a little deeper, you can find the "Tech Support" link  

http://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US&cu=1&fs=ContactUs  

It gives you several options.  I sent a chat to them and they came back with "We will be looking into this..."

Best Answer
0 Votes

Looks like the CEO Mr Park got the support team to reply to my tweet with another inconclusive message:

Hi! We know it's been a while and we apologize for the inconvenience this issue may be causing. Rest assured that it hasn't been forgotten and we'll implement a fix as soon as we can. Thanks for your patience and understanding!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too have been in communication with the support team and on numerous occasions have had the same reply saying....we are working on it full-time but appreciate your patience and understanding etc.

They have also admitted there are 2 problems - one with the battery life and then the incorrect steps. 

Basically, I do not believe they are working on the problems - no one in tech support can be that incompetent.

I have a FitBit one that I now only use for counting steps. I have stopped using it for monitoring sleep and logging food as that eats battery and it needs recharging daily. This has degenerated from the 10 days or so it lasted when I first bought it just 18 months ago. Added to this misery is the fact that whereas it used to take 20 mins to fully charge it now takes well over an hour 30 mins. FitBit have suggested that in order to preserve life I only sync once a day! Having an eye on your weekly dashboard during a day is kind of the reason why you have one so the suggestion of not to sync makes the device unfit for purpose.

I am now looking for an alternative so perhaps we should use this thread to start discussing the merits of other alternative devices. I like the fact that this device gets attached to a belt as I dont want another gadget on a wrist - Withins have one - any views or experience.

Best Answer
Yes. I would like to know what other fitness trackers others have used! I have been exclusively Fitbit since 2014 but want to change. I do like the bracelet and would like another. Has anyone used the Apple Watch or jawbone (sp)? Let me know.

I also saw a commercial for a new Nokia scale. It looked pretty awesome. I wonder what it will sync up to.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes