Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex 2 not vibrating

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit flex 2 has decided to stip vibrating for alarm or messages & calls. How can i make it start again?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
131 REPLIES 131

First be sure to sync so you don't lose any data, but then I'd try a reset.  Here are the directions:

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186

If that works, please mark your question as solved. If not, write back so we can help further.

Best Answer

Hello there @Ljqoatb, how's your Friday so far? Woman Very Happy Adding to the great restart tip that my friend @SunsetRunner suggested, I'd recommend doing the following along with it:

• Disable your notifications 
  • Log out of your Fitbit App
  • Force quit the App
  • Restart your Flex 2, 3 times in a row 
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit App
  • Enable your notifications again

You'll notice the following light and vibration patterns:

• Phone call—Your tracker vibrates two times unless you answer the call or double tap your tracker to dismiss the notification. While the phone is ringing your tracker shows one blue light and four white lights, repeated up to four times.
  • Text message—Your tracker vibrates once and shows one blue light and one white light.

Keep us posted!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Suddenly the vibration has stopped working on my flex2. Notifications are getting through as the lights are still working.

I have done everything that everyone has suggested but nothing is making it work.  This stopped sometime last week.

Please help

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community my friend @Stargirl100Woman Very Happy Hmmm... if you've tried what I posted here, I'd recommend trying these steps along with a restart on your tracker for 3 times in a row. 

Let me know if after following those directions your tracker starts vibrating! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
Hi thanks. Have tried everything but still no vibration. Should I take it back to the shop, only had it since January??

Sent from cinderella's castle phone
Best Answer
0 Votes

So has mine. Worked fine when I had my iphone but now with samsung s7 it stopped

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for trying the suggestions I've posted guys @SunsetRunner @Stargirl100Since this sounds a bit more like something technical, I've created a Support Case on your behalf - you should soon receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to let me know. Man Wink

Best Answer

My flex2 has also stopped vibrating. Led indications are still working and tracker also work. I tried all tips under this subject but no luck. What solution will make it make normal again? Hope you can help?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Contact customer services they had to send me a new one. Good luck

Best Answer
0 Votes

I finally got mine working - something with the settings but yes the did offer to send me a new one

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for all your efforts @Michel1970Smiley Very Happy I decided to go ahead and create a case for you with our support team. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further steps. Let me know if I can assist you somehow in the meantime. 

Thanks for sharing your good news my friends @SunsetRunner @Stargirl100, hope you're enjoying them! Woman Very Happy

Happy stepping guys! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear @MarreFitbit

Thank you so much for creating a case for this! Hope to hear from customer support soon.

Kindest regards,

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

this happened to mine too.  just finished chatting with customer services, and will be sent a replacement.

Best Answer

Mine was also replaced and now working fine again! Good luck #suzieduzie

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow! I'm so happy to hear those good comments guys @SunsetRunner @Michel1970, I'm glad to hear you're back on track! Man Wink

Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community. You can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

Enjoy the rest of your day! 

Best Answer

Mine has stopped vibrating as well, the lights are still flashing though. I've tried resetting, but it didn't help! Any other suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rosi89 If you have tried the tripple restart (three restarts one after the other) and it is still not vibrating, contact Customer Support

Restart your Tracker

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Contact customer services. They replaced mine.  Good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, my vibrate has suddenly stopped working on my Flex2, I have tried everything as already suggested but it's still not working. I have tried restarting it but even then it doesn't vibrate please help, it's only 6 weeks old thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes