Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App not marking distance goal complete

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Flex 2 & am syncing it in the Android phone app.This is not a big functional problem, but it has tripped me up a few times when I'm exercising and glancing at the app to see if I've met my goals yet. As far as I know my Flex 2 is correctly measuring the actual distance I have walked, as it seems to correlate with my steps & calories, but the problem is that it will still show that I have a long way to go towards my daily distance goal, even when the actually numbers show that I have already exceeded that goal. I have screenshots from today and a few days ago where it shows I have walked more than my 3 mile goal (3.7 & 3.3 miles, respectively) but the graphic in the app makes it look like I am only half or three quarters of the way there. I have tried setting my goal to different numbers and checked for updates for the app, but nothing has fixed this yet. None of the other categories on my app seem to have this problem (steps, calories, and active time).

Best Answer
65 REPLIES 65

@JezS Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here!

Let me help you with your app not showing your distance goal correctly and thank you for troubleshooting this issue. This is odd. Have you logged any activities? Go to the settings area and change your measure units, save and then change it back to the correct one. Try logging out from the app, restart your phone and log back in. Also try checking your data on a computer using a web browser (like Firefox or Chrome) at Fitbit.com. 

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

Hi, I have the same issue with my Fitbit app and Fitbit dashboard, using Fitbit Charge 3 on an android phone. I have tried the mentioned fixes and none of them have resolved it.

For example, my distance goal per day is 5 miles and I have hit 5.85 miles today, the main page on the app AND the dashboard does not show the goal circle as complete but gives the correct mile number of 5.85 miles. On the app, if I go in to the distance page by clicking the goal circle, it does say I have the star for the day, but still not complete on the main app page or the dashboard.

I think this may be something to do with logging exercise, as I logged a walk today through my Charge 3, and yesterday I logged a run and had the same issue. I can't remember if I've had this same issue on the days that I haven't tracked an exercise through my Charge 3.

Is there anything else you can advise?

Edit: apologies, just realised this has been posted in the Flex 2 category - I just saw that it was the same issue as mine, so would appreciate being copied in anyway please 😊

Best Answer

@AlvaroFitbit hi there, just wondering if there is another fix for this as I'm still having the same issue with my goal circle not saying complete when I complete 5 miles? I can repost to the android app section if that would be better.

Thanks 😊

Best Answer

This has got to be a simple math error in the app. I tried changing my goal to different numbers, and it changes a corresponding amount. It's always right in the bar chart though. 🙃

Best Answer

Has anyone had a resolution this issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem with my Charge 2. I've met my goal for distance but dashboard says I'm only half way there. Do we have any answers yet?

Best Answer

To the person who said there's just some kind of math conversion error -- I'm pretty sure you're right. I may have found a workaround for this issue:
1. Log out of the FitBit app on your phone

2. Log in to the FitBit dashboard on your PC browser

3. Update the goal in the dashboard in the browser

4. Log back into FitBit on your phone, and sync

5. Try to ignore that the "goal line" in your distance details page now says something funky. (Eg: I set my goal to 5mi on the web dashboard, and my app now shows my goal as 3.11 miles.)

Best Answer

(PS, 5mi is 3.11km.)

Best Answer

My android seems to be expecting me to make 8 miles to get a green light but I set it at 5 miles. It is very confusing where the 8+ miles came from

Best Answer

5 miles - 8.04672 km. However, this explains something but my cell phone says I met a line goal of 5 miles but is expecting me to get over 8 miles to turn green, i.e. close the circle. 

Best Answer

I was having the same issue. I went to fitbit.com and click on the cog there to adjust my goal number. Even though I  hadchanged it in the app to 5 miles, the website still showed 8.05 miles as my goal. Once I saved it there the app synced up and my circle switched to completed. Hope that helps!!

Best Answer

Hi Crystal, sorry no I've tried that and it doesn't work for me. It just changes my mile goal to 3.1 miles within the distance log in the app after syncing. It's definitely a calculation issue within the software as others have said, and requires a fix from Fitbit. Personally I'd rather have to walk a bit further to hit the goal on all screens than have it hit at 3 miles everyday in some, so I've left mine at 5 miles in app/8.05 miles on dashboard. However I am thinking of changing what distance units I use in general, I'm just not used to km haha.

Best Answer

Hi CEH1, I've done this a few times and I'm not a fan of it as I use the stars in the distance log in the app as a visual for my week to see if I've got it. Just my personal preference, so I think this still needs to be fixed by Fitbit.

Due to the lack of reply from Fitbit I presume this is something they're looking into rather than just providing workarounds.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Even though it says 3.1, it's still the 5 miles you want it to be. It's
definitely a glitch in the software somewhere, but it you set it to 5 on
the website, it'll show 3.1 as the goal in the app; but it won't "complete"
until you've walked 5 miles.
Best Answer

It still gives the star for the day at only 3.1 miles in the distance log though, and I use that list regularly to check how I've done over the weeks. Regardless, it needs to be fixed and like I say, personal preference I'd prefer to walk the 8 miles a day to get both sets of goal complete, me being me I guess hah and walking further to hit another goal isn't hurting me 😊

Best Answer

I've got the hr inspire and noticed the same thing. I'm guessing the goal miles is through specific exercise not just daily steps? Mine was set to 5 miles but even though I hit 6 a day it wasn't giving me goal complete. Set it to 3 and I get goal...I do 3-4  with walking the dog 

Best Answer

I have an inspire and it was working fine until 3 days ago. I hope they get a solution soon.

Best Answer

I've been having this issue for weeks, anyone figure out a fix?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Someone told me they sent a message out on twitter to @fitbitsupport and they fixed it within 24 hours. But it sounds like lots of people have been complaining for months, so I am skeptical they fixed it. I am having the same problem and currently in contact with them. Will let you know if they make any progress, but it definitely requires an app update.

Best Answer