Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete friend messages

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Can u delete messages from friends?
Best Answer
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

I hope you are doing great @GingieApologies for the delayed response.

If a friend sends you a message to your Fitbit account, this message will automatically be deleted from your account after 30 days since there is not a manual way to do it.

Continue to do an awesome job!Woman Happy

Melissa | Community Moderator, Fitbit

How are you fitbitting with your (pet) best friend? Show us!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
Go in thru your phone and logout (remember your password) log back in and that will take care of the problem back to 30 day messages and remove the number from the friend icon. You won't lose any of your data.

I have made Fitbit aware of the fix I found but said nothing can be done on their end until the next software update??

Hope this helps!

Kim

Sent from my iPhone

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
151 REPLIES 151

I hope you are doing great @GingieApologies for the delayed response.

If a friend sends you a message to your Fitbit account, this message will automatically be deleted from your account after 30 days since there is not a manual way to do it.

Continue to do an awesome job!Woman Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Are you sure you have to wait 30 days? This doesn't seem like a complicated feature??
Best Answer

Yes @CSJ888 , your friend's messages get deleted automatically after 30 days. I will pass on your inquiry as feedback to our team members so they can take another option in consideration.

I appreciate your time posting this. I wish you the best!

Best Answer
It seems like it should be a basic feature to delete messages
Best Answer

I agree @Smk2u71. This should be a bit easier to handle your messages. I invite you to log your suggestion to the feature request link below, so our Development team can take this feedback in consideration:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/idb-p/features

Thank you for your contribution! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I've put in  a request to be able to delete messages ... I wouldn't think that would be a difficult feature to add.

Best Answer

@anitag Thank you for taking the time to enter this request. Smiley Happy

I hope you have a great day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I guess they never did update this feature, seems dumb that you cannot delete your messages.

Best Answer

When I open a private message, I have the option to delete it at the bottom right of the message.

Started with a Flex. Now have ChargeHR.
Contact Customer Support

Best Answer
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Choobey At the moment our Development team hasn't updated or informed if this request will take place. I appreciate you taking the time to send your request to them, hopefully they can take this in consideration and add it to the Fitbit profile.

Have a good one! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've found that it's best to turn off mobile and email notifications if you don't care to see a certain message or if somebody accidentally sends you the wrong message that you don't wish to see, but you cannot turn them off or remove them from the online application.  This could lead to a privacy problem if you or someone happens to send personal data via messages...it's a shame that you have no control over what others can put on your notifications, and you're pretty much stuck with that for 30 days.  It's probably much better to message over other social media Cat Sad.

Best Answer
0 Votes
How do I delete a friend?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Gypsy29! If you wish to remove a friend, you can follow the steps listes in this article

Have a great day! Woman Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seriously?? This is a deal breaker for me.... I have never seen a message that can not be manually deleted.... This is unacceptable!

Best Answer

Hi there @Sidonia. I'm sorry this makes you feel this way. I have seen other users commenting about this and our development team has received this request. If any changes have been made, I'm sure they will communicate this with all of us.

I appreciate your feedback. Have a great week! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

In this day and age I cannot BEGIN to fathom why manually deleting a message is not an option!  I really don't care for the thought of an unwanted, inappropriate message sitting around on my phone for 30 days because I can't get rid of it immedietly.  That's ridiculous! 

Best Answer
I totally agree with you. Thanks for the response
Best Answer

Please add the feature to delete messages manually. This is basic functionality.

Best Answer