Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex 2 lights constantly flashing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I last synched my Flex 2 it suddenly started flashing four white and one pink lights. It's still doing it a full day later, even when I tried to reset it in the charger (it pauses and goes back to flashing). I can't find any info anywhere describing this hiccup, any help would be great!!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Will Fitbit be issuing a new update to undo the deactivation of Flex 2 devices? 

If not, it seems pointless to continue with a brand that deactivate devices that are in perfect working order.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

@Alicat17 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here!

Let me help you with your Flex 2 constantly flashing lights and thank you for troubleshooting this issue. Since the issue persist please let our Support team know about it. I noticed that you already have a ticket with them so keep working with the team to find a solution.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good luck - several people have reported the problem which has occurred since the last update. FitBit will fob you off by telling you to restart. It doesn’t work. Then they’ll offer you a 25% promo on a new FitBit. Fitbit aren’t interested in resolving the problem - I even offered to send mine back (it’s useless to me now) so they could see the sequence of lights which they don’t recognise.

Best Answer
Yup, that’s exactly what they did. Bummer for them, they’ve lost a customer.

Sent from my iPhone, so please excuse any awkward autocorrections!
Best Answer
0 Votes
At least two!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Will Fitbit be issuing a new update to undo the deactivation of Flex 2 devices? 

If not, it seems pointless to continue with a brand that deactivate devices that are in perfect working order.

Best Answer

This has just happened to my Fitbit, did they resolve this issue for you?  The comments are disappointing as I have been loyal to them and expected the same loyalty in return. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
No, they were only interested in giving a discount on a new device - I’m now with garmin

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Nope, they were surprisingly unloyal. All I got was $25 towards their new model that they were trying to promote, a big clunky thing nothing like mine that failed. I expected an equal replacement since it was a problem at their end that ruined my device, but apparently it was just an opportunity for them to manipulate more money out of me. Makes me wonder if the failure was deliberate. Anyway, they’ve lost a customer.

Best Answer

Did you ever manage to resolve this issue, the white flashing lights with one pink light? I have the same problem. Thanks 

Best Answer
Nope, they expect you to pay for a new one. Will never support their brand again and I tell everyone with one to watch out it’s a rip-off company.

Best Answer
No, I gave up and bought a Garmin

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. I’ve got the two bracelets, which cost more than the Fitbit, so I didn’t want to give up on it if I could avoid it.

Regards

Jacquetta

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

The exact same thing happened to me yesterday 😞

Best Answer

I experienced this problem some time ago and contacted the support line to get no where with them after wasting time trying this, trying that.    Well now I am getting into swimming exercises and wanted to start using my fitbit for that so I just spent over an hour wasting my time once again with their chat support that had me checking this, checking that, turning this off, turning that on, restart, reinstall and never acknowledged that all the lights just kept continuing to blink rapidly with no change from everything being done.  I told him the reset button did not vibrate when I pushed it, the lights shut off while pushing it, but started back up once let go and that was addressed by telling me to leave it on the charger for 1/2 hour and contact us back if the problem persists.  I questioned again saying that the lights are all continuously blinking, it's not the familiar one light during charge to denote the charge time before fully being charged.  So he continued then to ask me to check this, check that, do this do that. Not once was it suggested that this was deactivated.  It wasn't even acknowledged when I asked, does this have a lifespan because mine is about 4 years old. I am so frustrated and disappointment that I just told him that I was done, it's apparently broken and not going to be fixed and I'm throwing it away.  The response "I understand".   Very dissatisfied with not getting any type of resolution from them, but very relieved to find this forum and see this question asked and know that others have experienced it as well and I guess accept that they deactivated my product.

Best Answer

DanieS22

Thank you for contacting support and sharing your experience. I am having this problem also on one that I hardly use and the one I was wearing just dropped dead with a full battery. Your experience indicates, however, that I need not contact customer support to get my fitbits working again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Alicat17 Did you ever get your problem resolved? If so please share.

Best Answer

This just happened to mine today. Very disappointed, will not be buying this brand again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It has happened to mine too. I don’t want to replace it as it’s nice and small and I can get away with it at work but seems like I will just have to get rid and find a company that does reset and has a small one. Thanks everyone for your help and not thanks to Fitbit who have lost my custom from now on

Best Answer

Mine just starting doing the same thing. After reading all of the comments I guess I will just consider it done. I'm definitely not buying a ne one. 

Best Answer