Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2,019 Miles in 2019

ANSWERED

Hello all!  The New Year is upon us very soon!  How fun would it be to walk/run/move 2,019 miles in the year 2019?!

2,019 miles =

5.53 miles per day

38.82 miles per week

168.25 miles per month

For me, if I walk 5.5 miles, it's around 13K steps.  Running is a bit less, around 10,500 steps.

Let's use this thread to track our mileage and smash our goals!  Happy New Year!

Since the web-based dashboards have been decommissioned by Fitbit, I created a group in the Fitbit app.  I'm not sure if you're able to search for custom groups, but if you'd like an invite, you can shoot me a message and I'll send you a friend request so then I can invite you.

E783865B-86DE-4E20-8ADA-1BADD0E9F902.png

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer
207 REPLIES 207

Making progress towards 2019 miles in 2019!

YTD results...

YTD - Aug 8, 2019YTD - Aug 8, 2019Chart Aug 8 2019.GIF

Health Goals: Age gracefully, Walk more, Eat well, Lose weight, Be happy
Best Answer

@Angel_bear60 Hi! I sent you a friend request, once you accept it I can add you to the group. 😊

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer
0 Votes

That’s a useful calculation you’ve done, Lise 🙂 I think I need to do the same as I don’t think I’m going to achieve 2019 miles. The summer holidays are always harder as my opportunities to walk without children decrease, as does the distance I cover :-

4AF4879F-E11A-429B-9303-8EED75744E88.jpeg

Best Answer

I have never looked at this graph on a desktop until just recently through this forum so thanks for the tip that has been right there under my fingertips the whole time...did I mention I'm not tech savvy Ha! I have been able to average around 4 million steps a year since I started tracking steps in 2016 and would like to get to 5 million in a year within the next few. I have never thought of a year in miles so maybe next year will be 2020 miles in 2020. Thanks again for the pic you included a few posts back 🙂

Screen Shot 2019-08-20 at 2.43.47 PM.png

Best Answer

4 M steps in a year is incredible!

Best Answer

I humbly thank you 🙂

Best Answer

Up to Aug 19thUp to Aug 19th

Excel spreadsheet to calculate activity required  for balance of year to ensure I get to my 2019 miles goal.Excel spreadsheet to calculate activity required for balance of year to ensure I get to my 2019 miles goal.

As you can see, I need to walk an average of 6.2 miles per day for the balance of the year to achieve my goal of 2,019 miles in 2019.  Back in July I set my fitbit goal to 6.4 miles per day - which I have been reaching consistently over the past 5 weeks.  Yeah - love my fitbit!!!

Health Goals: Age gracefully, Walk more, Eat well, Lose weight, Be happy
Best Answer

I love my fitbit Blaze too...it is amazing what that little thing will get me to do in a day! Here is what its done to a pair of runners as the ones on the right have a few thousand steps...the ones on the left about 13 million 🙂IMG-0029.jpg

Best Answer

"maybe next year will be 2020 miles in 2020. "

Next year is a Leap Year so it should be much easier....

Smiley LOL

Best Answer

Yes, I think I’d need to consistently do 6.75 miles a day, which I’m not sure I have enough free hours to fit in ... I’ll definitely aim for that, but with the fall back of hoping to achieve 3.5 million steps this year as a minimum - which would be a more manageable 95k steps a week... 🤔

Am so impressed with the numbers some of you manage!

Best Answer

Sorry I haven't updated in a while, didn't realize it had been this long.

On track for my 5000 mile goal, averaging just over 14 miles/day and I should get close to 5200 miles by the end of December if I hold out 🙂

Miles to date 2019.png

Keep Steppin!
Sal
Best Answer

5.53 miles, if walking, is a little over 10,000 steps per day. Sounds simple, but  can be challenging as you'd have to reach this goal on holidays, or even days where you become very ill, and can't leave bed. There are also times where you may have to go on business trip, and will be subjected to car rides lasting multiple hours both ways. Though that's a more rarer case.

You could make up for it by doing extra here and there I guess. I think if you plan on doing extra walking days in advanced to save for a rainy day, do so wisely. It may be temping to say "I don't feel like walking much today, I'll just borrow some of the extra steps I've saved up"   or worse   "I'll just make up for it another day". So don't fall into those traps.

Question: Is there a place where you can view your total steps for the year? Looking at the desktop app, I can only see a monthly breakdown at the most.

Best Answer

"Question: Is there a place where you can view your total steps for the year? Looking at the desktop app, I can only see a monthly breakdown at the most."

If you look back on August 1 there is an explanation of how to view steps for 2019

Best Answer

On the Desktop beside Dashboard select Log then Activities Tab. Right hand side there is a from and to date range for any timeframe you wish. 

Hope this helps.

Best Answer

@PDGPathwalker wrote:

On the Desktop beside Dashboard select Log then Activities Tab. Right hand side there is a from and to date range for any timeframe you wish. 

Hope this helps.

I'm guessing you mean the website, as I don't see Log in the Desktop app. Just Dashboard, Adventures/Challenges, Coach, Community, and Notifications.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry but I see desktop and think of a computer and web browsing etc. An app is for the mobile devices like phone iPad so I apologize for my suggestion to not help Ha! I only use the app to sync at night on my iPad. Most other stuff is on a desktop computer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@PDGPathwalker wrote:

Sorry but I see desktop and think of a computer and web browsing etc. An app is for the mobile devices like phone iPad so I apologize for my suggestion to not help Ha! I only use the app to sync at night on my iPad. Most other stuff is on a desktop computer.

No problem I found what I needed. Microsoft shook things up when they released their app store for Windows 8 and up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Interesting how our steps/miles differ, Josekrief. I have done almost 11500 steps today yet am still only at 4.70 miles 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JanFran75 wrote:

Interesting how our steps/miles differ, Josekrief. I have done almost 11500 steps today yet am still only at 4.70 miles 🙂 

Stride length plays a big part, especially when jogging vs running, vs walking. For example, it takes a lot more steps to walk a mile than to run a mile. I don't do much jogging or running. Just walking I get about 4.5 miles from 10,000 steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I looked at this once,

For some reason males have longer strides than women of the same height. As I recall it was significant. A 6' male may be expected to have roughly a 30" stride, while a 6' female only a 28" stride.

Fitbit uses similar parameters, so a tall male's mileage will vary quite a bit from a shorter female even with similar step counts.

Best Answer
0 Votes