Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

80-100K per day loggers

I'm new to Fitbit and I can;t see how people are logging this many steps a day unless that is all they do and have no life. Roughly 50 miles plus per day of walking? Anyone else wonder how this is possible day in and out? I don't think even marathon runners would log this many miles per day. 

Best Answer
189 REPLIES 189

Fiance works nights as well, he too logs 10k+ by the time he gets home at 5-6am. 🙂 Glad he's got a fitbit now cause it spurs me on!

I don't think the majority of people are saying 100k in a day is impossible. I think they're saying 100k in a day EVERY day is impossible. 

Best Answer
I've never had a wrist Fitbit, so I am only guessing, but someone having a wrist based Fitbit and works all day constantly moving their arm would rack up steps pretty quick I would have thought
Best Answer

I just got a Fitbit, my second one. I have gotten into the habit of about 25K steps a day, and it takes considerable planning and effort on my part. I have done as many as 31K and could probably get to 40K if I push myself, although I don't know why I would want to. Kudos to those who average more, because it takes A LOT for me to do what I do 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I personally know someone who is logging 200,000+ steps a day. I'm sorry but that's virtually impossible to me. I'm up at 5 a.m. every morning with my work outs. I'm on my feet all day at work and then I get in some running time afterwards and still find it hard to gain but 15 to 17k a day which I think is realistic. It's total nonsense to me that people who just being wearing it just to be the one on top. If your doing that many steps a day a person should look like they are and I know some people who log it that many steps and don't look like they get off the couch. But that's just me.

Best Answer

@pam3g wrote:

I personally know someone who is logging 200,000+ steps a day. I'm sorry but that's virtually impossible to me. I'm up at 5 a.m. every morning with my work outs. I'm on my feet all day at work and then I get in some running time afterwards and still find it hard to gain but 15 to 17k a day which I think is realistic. It's total nonsense to me that people who just being wearing it just to be the one on top. If your doing that many steps a day a person should look like they are and I know some people who log it that many steps and don't look like they get off the couch. But that's just me.

Are you saying the tracker logs 200,000 steps per day or they actually walk/run 200,000 steps per day?

Best Answer
I personally think their just logging, but I wasn't aware you could do that. The reason I even noticed was because i had just recently started following this person and they went from 400,000k + steps to 600,000k + steps in a 4 hr period. My thing with fit bit is I want to motivate others not just be top dog so to speak. Not really understanding why people get so caught up in the big numbers. A person daily step of 75+ steps a day seems highly unrealistic to me. I personally workout when I get up doing interval training. I work at a doctors office where I'm on my feet all day (10 hrs) and I go for a run when I get home if time allows which is often and I've seldom reached 20k doing that.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Please do....I'm curious.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@pam3g wrote:
A person daily step of 75+ steps a day seems highly unrealistic to me. I personally workout when I get up doing interval training. I work at a doctors office where I'm on my feet all day (10 hrs) and I go for a run when I get home if time allows which is often and I've seldom reached 20k doing that.

It seems high for me as well; last year I ran on an "Ultra" team in the Reach the Beach relay here in New Hampshire; I ended up running right bang on 33 miles over a 26 hour period, and even with all of the walking around added to the 6 running legs I completed, I only managed about 55,000 steps.  For someone to genuinely do 75,000 steps in a day, much less day in and day out, smacks of something else going on.

Best Answer

@pam3g wrote:

Are they fit?  I mean really fit.  Not  just tone. 

Best Answer

I'm fit and the maximun steps I've done in a day is 51k and that's from actual physical activities.  Not from being on a job walking around for  8 hours( I don't consider that being active).  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Neither actually but people always complain they do this and do that and get no results. I've always exercised. Not by any means am I in the best shape I could be but since I've had my Fitbit I now work out everyday have lost several inches and several pounds in a 3 month period averaging now around 16k a day. So my point is why would someone even want to log that many steps when you can look and tell they're not doing the work.
Best Answer

@pam3g wrote:
Neither actually but people always complain they do this and do that and get no results. I've always exercised. Not by any means am I in the best shape I could be but since I've had my Fitbit I now work out everyday have lost several inches and several pounds in a 3 month period averaging now around 16k a day. So my point is why would someone even want to log that many steps when you can look and tell they're not doing the work.

Good question!  Bragging rights maybe?

Best Answer

I did walk 100,000 Steps in a day about two weeks ago. I detailed the story on my website/blog here: https://jarvisgoogoo.com/

Best Answer

Quite the accomlishment.  🙂

Best Answer

Well done, that is a massive achievement.... and the fact that you, a fitness instructor, took several attempts to do this, and had to plan it out, and it was extremeley hard work, and it took you fourteen hours, is why I've said all along: I don't doubt that this can be done; I do doubt that anyone will do this day in, day out, asa regular thing.

Best Answer

Your description of your preparation mentally, nutritionally, and physically was exceptional.  As with all folks, setting a goal and then assiduously adhering to a plan is the way to go.  Obviously, your occupation with physical fitness is clear from your blog, but you demonstrate how ordinary people can develop extraordinary dreams so long as they are consistent, well-timed, and responsible.  Cudos to you for having succeeded on so many different levels.  

I hope this story puts to rest other people's challenging what other contributors claim.  What matters is what goals we set for ourselves, and how we set about meeting them.  Well done!

Best Answer

Great run/walk and an inspirational blog post.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DoctorJC wrote:

I hope this story puts to rest other people's challenging what other contributors claim.  What matters is what goals we set for ourselves, and how we set about meeting them.  Well done!

Speaking strictly for myself, I think, if anything, the story adds fuel to the fire for challenging what some folks claim.  Per the blog entry by @jarvis666, it was a very significant undertaking to acheive 100,000 steps in a day, however, per the title of this thread, folks are challenging claims of a consistent 80,000-100,000 steps day-in-and-day-out, and as a general rule, I am inclined to challenge such claims as well.

Best Answer

@jarvis666  As a native of Halifax  (actually Wellington) I can appreciate this accomplishment.  This ain't exactly level ground!

Cheers,

Gary

Gary, Canada,
Charge HR, Charge 2
Best Answer
Why bother, and what difference does it make whatever other people say? If it's bogus, that's their problem.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes