Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

80-100K per day loggers

I'm new to Fitbit and I can;t see how people are logging this many steps a day unless that is all they do and have no life. Roughly 50 miles plus per day of walking? Anyone else wonder how this is possible day in and out? I don't think even marathon runners would log this many miles per day. 

Best Answer
189 REPLIES 189

My highest daily step count was 123 000-ish steps in one day.  I ran a 100km ultramarathon and spent the next 24 hours recovering and sleeping.  I trained for many months to be able to cover this distance, so unless it's other ultra runners who are doing these kind of steps I have a hard time believing anyone who claims to do this distance every day. 

It actually worked out to 130 000 steps but I didn't finish until 1:30am so it started back at 0 steps once midnight hit.

Best Answer
Your accomplishment was its own reward. Who cares what others claim? You did what you set out to do, and their opinion isn’t worth soap suds.
Best Answer

I am pretty lazy person generally but I have a treadmill desk but I can only sensibly type on my laptop at about 2 to 2.5 miles per hour and only for an hour at a time. I have people in some of my forums doing an average of 80,000 steps per day, I just dont believe it! Maybe they are attaching their fitbit to the cat! lol

Best Answer

I wondered this exact thing myself, and actually sat down and did the math one day... I had to assume that most were manually entering in their numbers until I saw this hack (LOL!!).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rrRFW0j5Vk

Best Answer

If you read @aarar post above they did an Ultra and got 123K  So its doable with out this contraption. There are seveal people that do quite a few steps with out cheating.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

I live in London. I've just started using  a fitbit . I'm logging non walking activities such as riding a train, tube, bus, car as driving. This reduces the number of steps being added by vibration and movement when traveling. I keep a pen and notebook with me to note the times. 

Doesn't everyone do this? 

Best Answer

Hello everyone!  I joined December 1st, 2015 as part of a company fitness reimbursement program in Dallas, TX.  I'm already fit, so I was a bit skeptical about the Fitbit thinking that it was just the latest gimmick.  To give context I used to run cross-country for fun, took gymnastics, and sometimes still do parkour to stay in shape.  Until I owned a Fitbit, I thought that I was already fairly healthy.  However, when you add friendly competition to the equation (and money) the Fitbit becomes ADDICTING!!!  As one of the "oldest" members of our company (yes, you're old in the tech world if you're over 20 something these days), the first week I tried it out I ended the week around 122K steps total with Sunday at 40K+ steps in just 6 days.  The weekends made it easy for me to just walk the Trinity River park with my wife which stretches 15 miles, and also I live across a park as well for scenic variety.  After the first week's results were in, my coworkers were impressed and they got competitive.  The first single-day throwdown by the youngest member of our team (who ultimately won) I had completed about 36K+ and I think he finished at 37K+ in steps.  Neither of us really started until we went to work, and at work alone we found many ways to get the first 10K-15K just by walking in circles for stand up meetings, running errands by foot, walking to restaurants for  breakfast and lunch by foot.  After work I taught a class, and by then several competitors already logged anywhere from 17K-20K by late afternoon. I did a lot of pacing durng class (to the amusement of the students but whatever). Nothing beats jogging for exponential step count, so as soon as I got home (around 10pm), I informed him that I was going to run at the park across the street from my home, and he stayed at the university indoor track to continue running; I prefer to be on equal terms as we fought into the final hour.  It was like the Formula 1 race of Fitbit.  The phone app was giving a play by play run down of our progress and it was crazy fun with other coworkers monitoring and walking from wherever they were at the time!  By midnight we both fell a short of 40K total steps, but that was because we didn't take advantage of the full 24 hours available to us.  The second competition I participated in was this past weekend (Jan 2nd-3rd) to kick off the 2016 New Year.  As a handicap to push myself harder, I did not wear my Fitbit from Monday thru Thursday, and didn't put it on again until around 10am Friday morning.  My coworkers and I decided to do the Weekend Warrior challenge.  As a warmup I completed 25K+ on Friday.  Since we all now know that the "Fitbit day" begins at 12:01am, several competitors including myself started not long after midnight Saturday morning.  By midnight that evening I completed 60K+ (earning the blue suede shoes badge) despite having to take care of life like anyone else.  My workaround again was pacing, walking in circles (yes, I looked ridiculous or creepy...whatever), and then in the late afternoon and evening I jogged and power walked until midnight.  At the end of Sunday I completed 100,128 steps which is like 50K per day.  Not only did I win the Weekend Warrior competition, I also edged out as #1 at 125K steps for the entire week despite only wearing the Fitbit for 3 days (Friday, Saturday, Sunday).  My point is that yes, it is plausible to achieve 100K steps in a day if you're committed to it.  There are 24 hours in a Fitbit day and yes, there are people like myself that have no issue with waking up VERY EARLY walk/jog hours into the final hour for the sake of bragging rights alone.  It was definitely exhausting, and I wouldn't do it every week, but by adding friendly competition to the equation it is amazing how motivated people can get; egos can be leveraged in a positive way.  Although I'm already in shape, but I was thrilled to lose additional unwanted water weight, and I can see the other top walkers in our company are losing weight too.  So to those skeptical folks in this forum, please don't hate.  It already gets old hearing from my peers calling B.S. on the top walkers that actually care about pushing ourselves for better health.  All I can advise is stay out of the house or stop being embarrased about pacing around the house.  The steps add up FAST!  Anyway I am taking a week long break from Fitbit this week to study for a certification exam.  Plus my wife thinks the Fitbit has become an obsession, so I'm appeasing her too.  When I put it back on my next (personal) challenge will be to finally achieve the elusive 100K in a single 24 hours.  Since I already pulled off 60K even while juggling chores, errands, etc., another 40K is just 2-4 hours of committed walking/jogging depending on how much running I can muster.  Nothing mysterious about my strategy--just move.  Have a great New Year's everyone and happy Fitbitting 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Personally I'm not sceptical that someone could log 100K steps in a single day.  I am sceptical that someone could log 100K steps every day, unless they were a nomad who spent all day every day on their feet.

My own maximum is over 40K, when I did an 18 mile walk.

Best Answer
LOL!!! I love your term "nomad". You're absolutely right-it's definitely hard to do 100K daily. I'm training for the summer Spartan runs and I still don't see myself pulling that off regularly even for the purpose of training. I personally don't have the conviction to do it week in and week out. However, I'm sure statistically there's a subculture of Fitbit walkers out there willing to do about 40K in the early morning, 20K during the day, and finally another 40K by midnight each night for whatever personal reasons they may have. "Nomad" is a very accurate way to describe members of this group, because that pretty much sums up the lifestyle of someone that is able to accomplish this feat daily. Have a good one guys!
Best Answer
Checked my records.... my highest total was 42K, and consisted of an 8.75 miles walk, a lunch break, and a walk back. The total time spent walking was about five and a half hours. I don't know how anyone could do that at both ends of their working day..... unless walking *is* their working day.

Or running.....

But, whichever way you cut it, 80-100K steps amounts to at least 35 miles of walking/running. Not impossible, but seriously demanding, in both time and fitness.
Best Answer

I use Power Plate while wearing my Charge HR, but I doubt that would clock me at 100,000 steps.  Matter of fact, my very intensive Power Plate workouts net me roughly 25 to 30 min of 'Outdoor bike" calories, as that's what my CHR thinks they are.  There is NO significant amount of steps associated with this.  I routinely clock 10,000 by the afternoon, just walking around a lot but, even with hours of walking, I've only gotten about 20,000.

Best Answer
0 Votes
So, what's the point? Are you concerned that your device may not be tracking the number of steps accurately? Please don't become preoccupied with whatever others report. Live your own life, and enjoy your progress.
Best Answer

I work nights in a hospital as a nurses assistant and obviously fitbit starts a new day at midnight but between midnight and 0630 when I get off work I have been at 11,000 steps for the day and the sun isn't even up yet.

Best Answer

I have a theadmill too at my home and I do use it everyday. And 1 time at night time before I go to bed to add more steps in 

sometimes I can't go to bed I get up and reading my post from my new friends and just anyone who likes to post the nice commtes thanks you all have a great weekend

Missy M. as@ nkotblove
Best Answer
0 Votes

In the end as they say "Its your golf score". I have heard of people just wagging their arm, putting it on their dog, or just imputting these insane numbers. Realistically I feel that regardless of how physical your job is, or how high your physical activity level is you aren't going to average any mroe than 50-60k steps a day. Once in a blue moon to go after badges and what not is understandable but everyday, probably not. These people are just cheating themselves and really in the end they know they actually didnt earn any of the badges or steps that they claim to have. To all those actually working their butts off, and making plans to spend a day trying to earn a badge, good for you! Keep stepping 🙂

Best Answer

@PinkRayneDrop wrote:

Well I just mamaged to get another 100k day today. 2 times in 2 months I have done it & plan to do it once a month. I get 30k minimum Tues, Thurs, Sat & Sun & 40k minimum the other days. I work, I study & I still get it done.

I didn't work today & decided late last night I'd do it. I have had just over 4hrs sleep last night & once again it took me 10hrs to get my steps. 104k at the moment & about to hit bed.

For me it's nothing. I would have kept going but I was desperate for a shower.

I'll admit I don't get that daily.... I wish I did...... but to say that it's not possible....... I have people who see me do it throught the day .... they know I'm legit. Hubby asked me if I wanted him to do some for me..... I turned him down & he knows why..... he knows I either get it done myself or not at all. He also..... well everyone.... knows that when I set a goal I get it done..... I could be on one leg & half dead.... I'm getting the goal.

So before people start saying it's just not possible to do it or the 'average speed' crap..... perhaps next month I will in fact tape it all. Proof once and for all.

No need to tape anything. Just post your activity chart that shows your daily activity from the day in question. Not the pie graph, the bar chart. People are very interested to know how others get 100K steps in a day, and that is the evidence people need to see that it is legit steps taken and not activities manually entered.
Best Answer

It's very possible to hit 100,000 in a day. It took me all day and most of the night to do it. I ended up finishing up at 52 miles total.

David Major
Best Answer
0 Votes

100,000 Club.PNG

David Major
Best Answer

The most steps for me in a day was 48,000.  That took 5 hours to accomplish.   So someone with 100,000 steps a day is active for at least 10 hours .  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great job Major310 and thanks for posting your result!  So far I only earned the Blue Suede Shoes at 60K.  This month I'm going for the 100K milestone too!

Best Answer
0 Votes