Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do people work to get above 20,000 steps?

ANSWERED

I am active (run three miles in the morning, work all day, goof around with children in the evening while I do housework but getting above 20000 steps per day seems elusive to me. Help! 

Best Answer
310 REPLIES 310
Madison
True i have treated a few cases like these
Dr.Gandhi
Best Answer

Holidays. I'm not a beach babe and I love to explore. The hubby and I pretty much hit 20K each day whilst on our holidays!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also, do not be near a window--can you imagine dancing on the treadmill and all of sudden you go flying out the window...Oops--I quess it is not funny...LOL

Best Answer
0 Votes
What a hoot !!!
I love it !!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Don't be so serious 😄
This was all in good fun if you can do it go for it !!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I run at least 1/2 hour every morning and walk a 10 hour work day that makes it easier to get over 20,000 in a day.  How much do you walk at work?

Best Answer

Every day I try to take a class...Spin yesterday, Zumba today--maybe Zumba after work also...during work I will walk to the mailbox, always take the long way...up and down the steps during my breaks...already did 2488 steps and it is not even 9am...

Best Answer

WOW!  I have  hit the 20,000 mark when I run my 5 miles in the morning and I take an insanity class after I get home from work.  But, I don't always have time to go to the gym after school.  The same old reasons never enough time in the day between kids, home, and school work.  

Keep moving and enjoy your day.

Paula

Best Answer

Sometimes I dance to Zumba or the T25 with  Shuan yutubes...fun fun and more steps...

Best Answer
0 Votes
I love my Shaun T25
The trick is to keep moving for walking steps runners don't count they get 20000 easy lol
But for walkers if you sit more than hour make an effort to walk around even after work sitting and watching TV is the kiss of death in achieving steps so march in place during commercials or run your steps

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Unfortunately, if I sit, I will be unconscious.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yep so keep steppin 😄
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@captmiddy wrote:

I have a Treadmill Desk that I use, and on days I get above 20k steps I have to walk 3.5 hours at my desk.  I have gone as high as 30k steps in a day doing 5.5 hours at my desk which was torture in a way but I wanted to prove I could do it.  Talk about jelly legs though.  I have done 20k steps outside before but it takes a lot of effort.  Did 20k when I did a hike back to some falls on a long trail and then went shopping after the hike.  20k steps is about 10 miles so it is a lot of steps.  

Coincidentally, tonight a friend posted on Facebook that he just passed the 700 mile mark on his Trekdesk. This is a HUGE accomplishment and very cool way to work if you can (he's a TV producer). I am curious, though. how is it talking on the phone or writing something on paper? Do you start and stop as needed depending on the task? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hell is this thing taking over our lives?

I know I'm very fit and have been much of my adult life since taking up running at 29. I can run faster than anyone I know over the age of 45 [I'm 64 almost] and I can outstep my arerobic steppers, jump higher, last longer but I do not want to walk around all day every day just for the sake of getting the totals up.

It seems I'm doing less than last year yet I'm feeling fitter. Quite frankly the distance it says I have walked is wrong as I know the circuits I do and have measured them. Yet when I go and do an exit clean on my motel rooms it says Ive been very active. Goes to show I should be cleaning all day every day!

This is just a thing to get people off their butts and it has succeeded with some of us who are already fit; hopefully it has worked to encourage unfit people to become fit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a treadmill in my bedroom. When the kids have gone to bed, I put a movie on the bedroom TV, and walk or lightly jog while watching the movie. I am not a great runner, but force myself to run everytime the commercials are on xx

Best Answer

The days I hit over 20,000 steps amaze me. Next is to get 25,000 for the next badge.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good on you! I did 26 000+ steps last year one day. This included a couple of runs plus a very busy day at work where I do a lot of running around. Couldn't do this all the time though. These days I'm happy to get over 10 000 steps every day as my intense gym workouts are not reflected in the step totals eg doing weighted lunges and working on the machines. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got up to over 22,000 on Saturday. I ran 6 miles, went to the gym for a couple of Nike Training Club workouts, walked to and from the store with my toddler, went and set up some stuff for my job and cleaned around my house.

Fitbit Surge | 3x Marathoner - Marathon Coach starting in August 2015 | Run 3x wk | Elliptical 2x wk | Strength sessions (Progressive Resistance Training) 3x wk - DO WORK!
Best Answer

That is great and with a Toddler.....

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yep he LOVES to run. He gets super excited.
Fitbit Surge | 3x Marathoner - Marathon Coach starting in August 2015 | Run 3x wk | Elliptical 2x wk | Strength sessions (Progressive Resistance Training) 3x wk - DO WORK!
Best Answer
0 Votes