Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire 3 Firmware Update 194.91

We’re excited to announce that a firmware update version 194.91 for Inspire 3 is now available! If you installed it, let us know what you think!

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

Full release notes can be found here. For more details, please 
see this Community Blog post.

HOW DO I UPDATE?
See How do I update my Fitbit device? for step by step instructions for updating your Inspire 3. If you run into difficulty updating, review these Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

We’re interested in hearing your feedback on this update! Let us know what you like! If you encounter unexpected behavior during or after your update, please post the details below.

Best Answer
91 REPLIES 91

Since i did thus update i get only 2 hours or no sleep data at all...can i undo the update???

Best Answer

I have had most all the issues already posted - doesn't sync, sleep details missing and heart rate turned off. I called tech support on Jan 21st when I couldn't get the watch to sync to my iPhone after it had been doing it successfully prior to Jan 11, 2024! We tried all the turn off and turn on options, reboot a couple of different ways, remove Inspire 3. No success. I could only get the Fitbit to sync if I manually told my phone to sync. Then I start seeing text messages on my watch and I never turned that on. So I used my watch (by swiping down) to review all the settings. I found the heart rate was off and notifications were on, but other choices were correct. Fixed all of these and "like magic" my watch has synced every day since then.....until this morning!! This time, to get the Fitbit to sync, restart the watch in Settings, removed Inspire from the app but it never could send a code to the watch to pair so removed from app again, turned phone bluetooth off and on, removed Fitbit from the iPhone bluetooth listing, removed Inspire from the app again and then it finally sent a code to pair. Pairing was successful and it has worked for the last 5 hours. I checked on the heart rate setting and it is still on this time. However, the sleep data from last night is totally useless - time of day is about 3 hours later than the actual time it should have recorded. I had set the sleep to sensitive rather than normal last night. Could this have caused all the issues with sync?! If so, what use is this watch if you can't use the options that are available? 

Best Answer

this update has changed my inspire 3 from a mostly useful gadget to an annoying watch. since the update I have to either turn on sleep mode or turn off heart rate monitoring or the thing will buzz me every 20 - 30 seconds with zone alerts. heart rate and sleep score just stops working randomly. sp02 reading stops working or it's off by several points. it didn't do any of that before the update. I have azn notifications turned off but that doesn't stop it from notifying me that I'm doing great (while I'm sitting on the sofa watching television). I have tried restarting, resetting, erasing, etc...nothing stops the azn notifications other than sleep mode which prevents the features I want from working. I'm seriously considering taking a hammer to the thing and getting a samsung.
I know the inspire 3 isn't the only device that has been messed up by the december firmware updates. it's obvious the updates weren't thoroughly tested before getting pushed to customers.

Best Answer
Mine became a brick - would not even turn on after the update. I recieved
my replacement yesterday and it updated like a champ, so hopefully they've
fixed the issue.
Best Answer
Sadly, I got a replacement from Fitbit directly, and initially it was perfect for 2 weeks, then suddenly last week the screen glitched again! Now I have to contact Fitbit directly to get this issue resolved! It might be worth contacting the ombudsman if this continues?
Surely, they are aware that their product is faulty? Why are they still selling them?
🤷🏻‍:female_sign:
Sent from my iPad
IMPORTANT - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using attachments check them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any loss, damage or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not, resulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any representations or opinions expressed are those of the individual sender, and not necessarily those of the Department of Education.
Best Answer

I did the last update and since my Fitbit battery will not even hold a charge for a day!   Pretty much useless if you can’t get through a full day.  Worked fine before update.  Suggestions?

----

Yep me too! Battery dies way quick. 

----

Mine too!

Best Answer

Since the update, Sleep data appears on my tracker for a time but then disappears. I also think it's not tracking my sleep very well.

Best Answer

Since the update, I have to restart my phone 3-4 times a week for my data to sync. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I recently purchased a new phone. Inspire 3 can't pair with it. At all. So even if another firmware update is done, my watch will have no way to get it. What a waste of money and time. Total failure, devs.

Best Answer
I called fitbit support and after doing g a bunch of trouble shooting
steps, they sent me a new one. The new one is working great, and took the
recent update fine- I was nervous doing the update, though!
Best Answer

Since I updated my Fitbit, my Inspire 3 is not tracking my sleep correctly. I also wake up every morning with thousands of steps so my steps are not accurate anymore. This morning I woke up with 2,297 steps and the other morning I woke up with 4,800 steps. Super disappointing. I had planned to get my daughters fitbits but will hold off until I know it’s reliable again.

Best Answer

Just to follow up:  I did a factory reset of the Inspire 3 and it seems to have fixed the issue of not being able to pair with my new phone. Sync is okay. HR is tracking. Sleep is tracking. Battery is not draining fast. I lost a month of data, but it is working again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got in on 12/7/23 and haven't noticed any performance differences from 188.58.  That's a good thing!

Best Answer
0 Votes

All 4 new watch faces are now available post latest app update.

Best Answer

For quite a while, my Inspire 3 was doing fine. Then, one time, even after charging for roughly 4.5 hours, it would not go above 99%. That night it dropped from 99% to 72% in about 7 hours (I've only had it for 7 or 8 months). Then for a while it was fine, battery decreasing more or less as before. Then last night (probably unrelated to the battery, I'm just putting all my complaints in one place) when I used the buttons to wake it up, it started buzzing incessantly, as if I were turning it off and on really fast, even though I wasn't touching it. It stopped for a while, then this morning it started doing it every time I touched the buttons or the screen. The device is unusable, and I don't know what to do. I tried restarting it, and it just went dark and woke right back up, but now sometimes when it's buzzing, the Fitbit logo appears as if it were restarting, but then it carries on as if nothing happened. Please advise

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried to update my fitbit, but the only thing that happened was the fitbit logo appeared and that was it.  Stayed that way for a full 24 hours.  I finally deleted the app and reinstalled the app.

Also, I notice that with this Inspire 3, I do not get as thorough GPS information as I did with my former fitbit trackers.  I used to be able to see my best pace at various points while running.  Now I see only the average pace.  I also used to see a map of where I ran, but that is also gone.  I do not see anything that I can turn on to get those features back.

Best Answer

I think you’re right. The problems get worse with every update. My heart rates have been very inconsistent and the sleep times and details either don’t show up at all or are very inaccurate. What’s the point in wearing these things if they don’t function properly. I’m out of patience. 

Best Answer

Latest firmware update 194.91 still working fine on my and my wife's inspire 3.  My wife had a recent emergency [and she's fine now]  and the hospital's monitors matched the inspire's pulse. Glad to know I can trust what the watch is telling me.   Battery life is also still as good as when the watch was new.   I heard the firmware for the Charge 5 is having issues,  but it's working on our Inspire 3.

Best Answer

Twice now my watch will stop working and not charge.  And my mom has a newer Versa 3 and it is doing the same.  Last time I was able to get it back on, but not this time.  Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
My Fitbit remains dead from Jan update. They never sent a replacement as
they said they would (x2). 😞 Discovered my phone does some health stuff.
Amazing how you can improvise and get by without stuff.
Best Answer
0 Votes