Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire 3 Firmware Update 194.91

We’re excited to announce that a firmware update version 194.91 for Inspire 3 is now available! If you installed it, let us know what you think!

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

Full release notes can be found here. For more details, please 
see this Community Blog post.

HOW DO I UPDATE?
See How do I update my Fitbit device? for step by step instructions for updating your Inspire 3. If you run into difficulty updating, review these Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

We’re interested in hearing your feedback on this update! Let us know what you like! If you encounter unexpected behavior during or after your update, please post the details below.

Best Answer
93 REPLIES 93

Same. Everything's working great. The UI changes on the watch are fine. (Glad you're wife's OK!)

Best Answer
0 Votes

So we can't edit or delete messages on this forum? Pretend I edited the "you're" in my last message.

Best Answer

Looks like I have and uodate.  Update isn't working.  No sleep date for two days now which is why I checked. Only getting warnings.... Exclamation point in circle.... When I try and sync.  Says update a available at top of app screen but it's in a grey band.  Please advise. 

Best Answer
I ended up contacting Customer Support- after numerous emails trying to help me resolve the issue, they sent me a prepaid postage label and I sent it to head office.
I received an email today telling me that my screen was corrupt , (that means both I bought recently must have been), and if I wanted a new one or my money back.
I’m definitely getting my money back.

I’m totally put off by Fitbit and have lots complete confidence in them.
Good luck everyone.
L

IMPORTANT - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using attachments check them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any loss, damage or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not, resulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any representations or opinions expressed are those of the individual sender, and not necessarily those of the Department of Education.
Best Answer

I have had exactly the same problem with mine. They would not accept it was a software issue, blamed it on user error and all sorts of other things, and instead eventually sent me a new device which - surprise, surprise - has *exactly* the same issue.

Fitbit Customer Service is ignorant and APPALLING.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Appalling indeed at least they eventually sent you a new one . I am still
waiting. Without much hope. Google and Fitbit supports apparently don’t
talk to each other… hence no support cuz they contradict each other. Just
sad!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit should wake up. This is my 4th fitbit, and I won't be buying
another one. Fitbit has gone downhill.
Best Answer
The new device didn't work either.

Yesterday I took time to go back to scratch - unpaired device from my phone
and went through all the update processes *again* and behold! I now have
sleep data back in full!
So something in their latest fix has solved that.

Whether they have fixed the bug with heart rate, I have yet to see.
Customer Service has been utterly useless throughout - repetitive,
unhelpful and very poorly informed. I don't feel like they have the
slightest clue.
Technical knowledge is definitely completely lacking.

Helen
Best Answer

I feel your pain.  Tech support is nothing more than the shut it down and restart it.  That is all they have to say.

Best Answer

Pretty much true. 😏

Best Answer
0 Votes

Truly awful!!!!! You actually pay people money to do this or did you use AI to design it?

Best Answer

There are quite a few posts regarding erratic pulse rate readings and missing sleep cycle details, including breathing rate and HRV metrics, being observed after performing the V194.91 FW update.

Both of these device performance issues are potential showstoppers for those of us that are experiencing them, so I would be interested to know when the next scheduled FW release is that will hopefully resolve these issues.

Best Answer

Update is a bust.  Device won’t sync and yes, I have already restarted it.  Does not accurately track steps or sleep.  If I sit down and watch TV, it says I am asleep.  Sleep tracking display is a disaster and is unreadable.  Please go back to the old one. 

Addendum: got sleep data but is inaccurate.  Gives me 2 extra hours of sleep.

Best Answer

I woke up this morning to discover that my phone wasn't syncing to my Inspire 3 anymore, just like several other people reported after downloading the latest V194.91 FW.  I had to perform a factory reset on my device and then uninstall/reinstall the app to get it working again. Very annoying.

My wife's third Inspire 3 still doesn't provide detailed sleep data after more than a week and it just stopped syncing to her phone as well.  She was very excited when I purchased the Inspire 3 for her, but this was the last straw as far as she was concerned.

Best Answer

My inspire synced this am and then stopped syncing a few hours later. What the heck?

Best Answer

After experiencing problems with my Inspire 3, and then enduring multiple repetitive, unhelpful, pointless and even borderline rude emails from Customer Service, I am at that same stage as your wife.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The sleep section is terrible!! It reports every night I’ve only slept 1-2 hours! The graph for showing you stages of sleep is terrible also, doesn’t tell you how many minutes you are in each stage throughout the night! Terrible😡 I want the old one back!

Best Answer
Me too. I want my old fitbit back. This one sucks.
Best Answer

Absolutely hate this new interface. Sucks.

Best Answer
Wonder if or when they plan on fixing it. I’m about ready to abandon ship.
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer