Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire HR battery draining way too quickly - possibly since update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi! I have ben using my fitbit Inspire HR for maybe a year now. This week i noticed that the battery would die almost by the end of each day. Normally I charge it every few days and it seems to be running perfectly fine. I did try to find previous posts that offer multiple suggestions such as turning off certain notifications/settings/etc. I have done that, but still, not much luck. I charged my battery this morning to above 50% (I was running late for work). Now I am at work and the battery is below 30%, and I don't have my charger with me at work. 

I noticed there was an update on 12/24 (today is 12/30). Have any bugs been reported since the update? Are there any other suggestions on how to fix this issue?

Thanks and happy holidays!

Jess

Best Answer
62 REPLIES 62

the same thing happens to me. one night is died and i charged. the next day i woke up to it being at 100%, then by that night (around 7) it was dead :((((

the same thing happens to me. one night it died and i charged it. the next day i woke up to it being at 100%, then by that night (around 7) it was dead 😞

i have this same problem

Moderator edit: merged replies

Best Answer

Hello, my inspire HR does not hold a charge for more than an hour. It started after a recent software upgrade Fitbit sent me. How can I fix it?

Best Answer

Hi, this is my second inspire HR, my first one died and I was shipped a replacement which has worked quite well until recently.  Now I charge it and in less than an out it is down to 75%.  It only holds its charge for a few hours then dies.  This is the second inspire hr that has given me trouble.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks, Lawrence 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too am having the same problem with my inspire HR. It froze last weekend then it finally updated the firmware and now it drains in less than 24 hrs. I have tried everything that has been recommended and it's still having the same issue. It's just over a year old. I shouldn't be having this issue. I will not buy a fitbit again if this issue persists. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I honestly think it has something to do with the update & that the company can correct the problem on their end, if they want to.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've noticed my battery has lasted less than a day, for the last two days. It used to last about 5+ days and I have not changed any settings. there was no sign that the battery was going to fail. Just straight out died. its about 10 months old can I get some help with this please.

Best Answer

Did you ever find a solution to this? Mine started doing this in the last month. All of a sudden, doesn't hold a charge. Has to be some update??

Best Answer
0 Votes

My daughters Fitbit Inspire has recently shown these same symptoms.  We have followed all the procedures to restart the device and change clock face settings and the device still drains the battery in a matter of hours.  Is there a firmware upgrade for this?  Is there a way to fix this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've just recently started having this issue with my Inspire HR as well. It goes from 30% to 0 in a matter of a couple hours and has recently being resetting or something like that in the middle of recording workouts.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@nelsaar @nmtsander I hope you are doing fine.

Let me help you with this and thank you for troubleshooting this issue. You can follow these instructions to help improve the battery life.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the response. We have done several of these and the Fitbit continues to drain from 100% to dead in 3 hours. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@nelsaar thank you for your reply.

Since the issue persists I have created a ticket so our Support team can further assist you via email.

Let me know how it goes.

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had the exact same issue.. bought it for black Friday last year I believe? So there goes the warranty I guess.. I've tried a hard reset and cleaning the port. That killed 3% in seconds. I had charged it to 60 this morning at 830( was also in a rush) and it was at 15% at 5 today..I'm super dissapointed.. hopefully an update will come? 

Best Answer

The same thing is happening with mine. I used to be able to wear it for a few days between charges. Now I'm charging it multiple times a day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@IsabelMG It's nice to see new faces around!

Let me help you with this. Have you tried the suggestions in my previous post? This should help you with improving the battery life.

I look forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve posted this elsewhere, but will leave here as well:
Turning off my GPS solved this for me, ended up not being Fitbit but my phone. My phone gps is perfect on roads, but when I’m in enclosed places (my house, garage, grocery store, work) it struggles.. so my Fitbit was constantly dying while I was home or at work because it was constantly searching for my phone gps. Once I turned off gps it stopped constantly trying to search for it through my phone and my battery has been back to lasting 4 days before needing charged. It still accurately gives steps and miles walked/ran so I’m just going to leave it off. 

Best Answer

I contacted a Fitbit rep by calling them.  I was losing double digit numbers or more daily and they had me watch it for several days as this could be a flaw in the internal battery.  If it’s under a year, it’s covered by the warranty for a replacement.

If it’s under a year old, it’s covered for a new replacement.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve been experiencing the same thing with mine. I’ll charge it for hours and it goes down like 10% every hour. Also it’s not letting me access settings on it or swipe to pick a walk or run for my exercise. Can you help me?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had the same issue and, unfortunately, got no where when I contacted one of their representatives. I was advised that the battery drainage was acceptable as it needs to be charged every 5 days and the large drop the first few days is normal. 😰

Next time I buy, I’ll go to an iPhone watch.

Barbara Thellman

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My 3rd fitbit that lasted a little over a year. Time to buy Garmin

Best Answer