Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit ionic screen falls off

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The entire face fell off my ionic and all of its guts came out! They replaced it in December and today the face fell off the replacement too. Anyone else having this problem? I am not rough on the watch and I have never dropped it.

Best Answer
270 REPLIES 270

Hi @srook @Shane333 @Maltby18 and @MsDannyB welcome to the Forums. Thanks for stopping by @nhahn15 @johneric8 @KSA1011 @Feelbitfit @SunsetRunner and @Beneficialdude.

Thanks a million for sharing your comments and feedback with us. In this case, I'd recommend to keep communication open with our team since they are in charge of checking warranty options. In case that you don't have a response from them, please let me know, I'll give you a hand with that.

I'll be around if you have questions. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@YojanaFitbit I reached out to Fitbit first in regards to getting a replacement. The purpose of this post is to let others know that I've experienced this same issue- twice in 12 months. That indicates a design flaw.

Best Answer
The whole idea of me starting this stream was to get answers. That has never happened.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

My 2nd ionic fell apart today. I give up. 

Best Answer
I hear you! I called and they gave me 25% off another Fitbit. I got the Versus and will see what happens with this one! Good luck!
Best Answer
Mine was under warranty. They sent a full replacement!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
The first time it happened I was still under warranty. Unfortunately that ended in February.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

This happened to me yesterday.   My Fit bit ionic is 16 months old, used for routine activity like walking and is not exposed to extreme conditions.   I can no longer recommend  this to my patients if it does this after less than 18 months of routine use..

If it is not under warranty, is there any way to fix this?

Best Answer
I could not figure a way to fix it. I tried tape but only worked for a few days. I called customer service and they gave me a discount on a new one. I got the verses.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
I tried tape as well, the screen eventually just stopped working. This was my second experience with this ( my replacement sent by Fitbit) I’m 3 months out of warranty.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Have had ongoing problem with Fitbit Versa and Iconic Watches glass face coming loose from watch frame. 

Best Answer
Yes, it happens to all of their products. I sincerely hope you are still
under warranty. 😡
Best Answer
0 Votes

So sorry to hear the face of your watch has also come loose. Unfortuniately, welcome to the club.  If you are out of waranty let the games begin.. Fitbit will offer you a link to purchase another USED device at a discount, but it is not under warranty. .😡 My advice, get out now or you will be right back here in less than a year. 

Best Answer

The screen fell out of my ionic some four months ago. Fitbit sent a replacement. Now the replacement is mysteriously losing power. It will be at 100% one day - the next day it’s completely run out of power at some random point during the day. As much as I like the ionic - I give up. I’m using my old charge 2 until I get the money together for an apple watch!

Best Answer
I just want to double check with you. You said the screen is falling off the Versa too? I have had two Ionic with screens falling off but I thought they corrected it for the Versa.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Hi @MsDannyB @Feelbitfit @Amb85 @Beneficialdude @frankptx @Maltby18 @Tigerlord @SunsetRunner @vicpoole, thank you all for your feedback and for sharing you Fitbit experience with us. Welcome to our new users in the thread.

Sorry for the delay. I understand how you feel about this situation. Each scenario is different, but if they didn't offer you a different option; must be because they don't have it. Nevertheless, I really appreciate your feedback since this is the best way to make your voice heard. I understand you've invested in the Fitbit Family, however Fitbit as any other company have policies to follow through. While customer satisfaction remains our number one goal, the demands of running a global business require that we enforce our warranty consistently.   

We very interested in helping all our users, so in case that you're not getting any response from customer support team let us know. They are in charge to review your case and check what is the next step for you.

Thanks for your understanding. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My Fitbit was replaced free. If this one breaks I’m don’t. Every Fitbit I’ve had has broke no matter what model it was. You so stand behind your warranty the first time around.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi @Beneficialdude thanks for the heads up. Hopefully you wont have issues with your replacement. But I totally understand your point. Thanks for sharing your feedback. 

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

See ya later Fitbit!

October 2017 - Bought Fitbit Ionic

May 2018 - Ionic face fell off. Received replacement as it was under warranty. 

July 2019 - Ionic touch screen stops functioning. Customer Service provides a partial credit to PURCHASE a new Fitbit. 

$300 and couldn't even make it two years with two separate devices. I work too hard for my money to throw it away. I'm Garmin bound, good luck folks!

Best Answer

yeah, you would think after seeing how many people are having an issue, they would fix it. I guess theyve made a calculation that ignoring this issue is the best for their profit margins. A responsible company would just admit that this device isn't truly waterproof. It's funny, this watch sucks so much, that even before mine broke I was approached at the gym by two other people who had had similar issues with their watch and wanted to know how long I had mine. I would imagine a large percentage of people who didnt have any problems probably hardly use their watch or almost never use it in water. Surprised, honestly, to see that this thread is even being left open, although I guess it is efficient to keep all the complaints in an old thread that no one visiting the forums now will see!

Best Answer