Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit ionic screen falls off

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The entire face fell off my ionic and all of its guts came out! They replaced it in December and today the face fell off the replacement too. Anyone else having this problem? I am not rough on the watch and I have never dropped it.

Best Answer
270 REPLIES 270

completely agree! The answer is that fitbit knows this is an issue, but they arent going to directly admit it because it would be an admission of defect/fault. But rest assured, the highly esteemed moderators are forwarding the issue to some nameless, invisible higher-up. So disappointing that Pebble got bought out by these guys!

Best Answer
I agree. Unfortunate since I enjoy the watch for its activity
tracking and GPS features. Hopefully it will be fixed with the next
version
Best Answer
I bought an Apple Watch. I totally understand how you feel!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Agree after going through two Fitbit watches switched to Apple and no more problems. Hard to imagine in today’s competitive market Fitbit hasn’t found a fix.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

It's the glue that is used it's not the same that Android or iPhone uses. I switched myself to Samsung and nothing happened. It's a simple fix in my opinion.

Best Answer

My ionic fit bit is 1 and half years old, I use it for steps and sleep count plus it is synced to my WW app

My screen fell off when I was house cleaning it our cottage.

I liked my fit bit but I am getting very disappointed in your products - in the past I have had charge that just quit - I bought 2 fit bit watches for family members - both quit just two months after the 1 year warranty, I bought an ionic and fit bit scale for my daughter - both still working but who knows 

Also bought a charge for my son and it had to replace it with some thing else

What solution do you have for my screen that has fallen off but still attached

Very disappointed  and upset in Ontario

Mary 

Best Answer

They burn me the same way Mary loyal, I've been a loyal customer since 2012. Never contacted them with an issue until recently and get treated like sewage water. I hate to say it I've been a loyal Fitbit User for a long time but I need a fitness tracker and I'm willing to change the Apple over this.

Best Answer

My screen just popped off my ionic too. It's been 18 months since it was purchased so it is out of warranty. Customer service wouldn't do anything but offer me 40% off another product of theirs. Why in the world would I drop another dime into a company that makes such shoddy products? I'll never buy another fitbit device again. I am one unhappy customer. 

Best Answer

Very Sadly, My Fitbit screen has fallen off quite suddenly. The watch was working fine - I just use it for run tracking so no vigorous movements or water contact.

I seem to be close to end of my warranty and I don't know what to do.. If fitbit knew of this manufacturing defect, replacing the product seems to be the most right thing to do.

Have been a Fitbit user for many years but I am close to losing my faith..

Best Answer

"@the_@the_one wrote:

Have been a Fitbit user for many years but I am close to losing my faith.."

SHOCKING !

Just chatted with Fitbit support - 

".... Chuck: Thanks for the photo.

Chuck: Upon reviewing your we found out that it is an accidental damaged and on that case we can't replace your device.

Me: It is not accidental damage at all...

Chuck: However, since you are a valued customer I would like to offer you a 25% discount for Fitbit selected device or 40% for our Versa lite."

This is absolutely shocking. My watch has no accidental damage and Fitbit is alleging damage just based on a photo. This is very very poor service from a reputed(!) brand like fitbit...

Don't know what to do.. 

Lawsuite?

Update: 6 August: On further review, Fitbit agreed that it is not accidental damage and offered a replacement watch. The watch was promptly posted and received today.

The Faith has been restored !!!

Best Answer

If you are still under warranty, then definitely get a replacement.

Best Answer
0 Votes
If you are still in your warranty period they will replace it. However they use refurbished watches not new ones. They can still work fine. Buy a plastic cover for your watch screen. I believe it is what is holding my screen on. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Offer to send back the watch so they can see there was no damage. I did that on my second watch when the screen fell off.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Did they send you a new one

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Fido network.
Best Answer
I lost my faith and have bought a Garmin

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® S2
Best Answer

wait, they don't even replace broken watches with new ones? How can they refurbish watches when their don't even offer repairs for customers?

Best Answer
Yes, refurbished ones are an option for replacements. So I believe that’s why my first two watches had the same issues.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

No refurbished was not an option given to me since I am out of warranty. They wouldn't replace it, only offered a discount on a new device.

Best Answer
The refurbished is only given if you are in warranty. Otherwise they do not send any type of replacement, frustrating I know!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I am aware that there will likely be no response or viewing of this post but I have to comment.  I am not  sure why this indicates "Solved" as it is still an issue.  I purchased my watch the end of July 2018.  I am very careful with it so I am not sure that after spending so much money that the face would fall off 12-13 months later.  Had I read these posts before, I would have decided otherwise.  This is truly one of my worse purchases ever.  Fitbit needs to solve the issue by fixing the watch so others do not feel as cheated as I now do, with 12-13 months of light usage.

Best Answer