Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn wrist to wake, stopped working on Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My ionic has stopped waking up when I turn my wrist to view the time. I have to push the button on the left to be able to wake up the watch.  I don't see any options under settings to turn that feature on or off, am I missing something?  Connected to SG7 phone.

Best Answer
401 REPLIES 401

this is really, definitely helps me. thank you so much. 

@SunsetRunner wrote:

On my Ionic, if you press and hold the single button on the left-hand side you will see a menu the top item of which is 'Screen Wake'. Below 'Screen Wake' you can toggle between auto and manual by touching the screen. To return to the clock face , just press the left-hand button one more time.

Best Answer
Press and hold the left button until the settings screen appears. You should then be able to change the wake setting.

Sent from my Verizon Motorola Droid
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! Thanks for your participation in the thread regarding Ionic's screen wake feature. Thanks for sharing your experience here.

You might like to check if the Screen Wake feature is on. To do this; please press and hold the left button on your watch until it vibrates. You will see the Quick Settings menu. Swipe left or right to locate the Screen Wake option and turn it on.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Nothing happens when i swipe to the right. Starting to hate Fitbit...it looses sync with my phone every other week and i have to fight with it to resync it... I love it when it works right but I can't count on it to be there for me. Maybe they just sent me a lemon.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hold left button and wait for settings.

The swipe instructions were for an older version of the firmware.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine does not swipe left to right. To find screen awake screen hold the left single button for a couple of seconds.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What is the clock screen? I swipe right from the main screen and it goes to the exercise, music, alarms, and coach. Then swipe right again and goes to relax, weather, timer, and wallet. It is not in the settings either.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I think the method on the current Ionic firmware is different. Hold down
the left button for a couple seconds and the options for "Screen Wake" and
"Notifications" will appear. Another push on the left button will return
you.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Press. And hold the left single button. Some you swipe, possibly with a program updating you hold the button now.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! Thanks for posting the experience you are having with the Screen Wake feature.

In this case, please press and hold the left button on your watch until it vibrates. You will see the Quick Settings menu. Swipe left or right to locate the Screen Wake option. Turn it on or off as needed.

If this is not working; please perform a restart on your watch and try again.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am not familiar with the Charge 3
Best Answer
0 Votes
This chain was for the Ionic owners. Try searching the other comments specifically for the Charge 3 in your search parameters. If that doesn't work, contact customer support directly. They are pretty efficient trouble shooting online. Good luck!

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I swipe to the right and the screen moves over @ 90%, and then moves back to the left?  No options. Used to work fine until changing watch faces.  Jim

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hold the left single button a few seconds
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Herejudynow @Backintm I hope you're doing well! Thanks for that and sharing your help. I moved that user's post to a relevant Charge 3 thread about Screen Wake.

@Sterling47 Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for trying that. It is just as @Paycheck has shared on his post above. Please do the following to get the Screen Wake options:

• Press and hold the left button on your Ionic for around 3 seconds.
  • It should vibrate and the Quick Settings menu should appear.
  • Find the Screen Wake option by swiping left or right.
  • Turn it on or off.

If this is not working please try using a different clock face. That could also be it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Swipe right takes me to my apps!  Not a screen setting. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KT50 Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for trying to swipe right.

You need to first tap and hold the left button on your Ionic for around 3 seconds until it vibrates. You will then find the menu where the Screen Wake options are found.

Try that out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I can’t see how to setup Iconic display On All the times or At least with wrist movements, 

help? 

Its really annoying 

Best Answer
0 Votes
If you  are asking for the screen to show the time when you need it (automatic screen wake when you turn your wrist), just press the left button on your Ionic for a few seconds until it vibrates.  The screen wake can be set to auto by tapping the words "screen wake" which is the top choice on the screen. Once you do that, press the left button to get back to your time screen. Now, when you turn your wrist as if you are looking for the time, the screen will wake up and show you the time.

Sent from Samsung tablet
Best Answer
Thanks for your Help

Regards
Manny
Best Answer
0 Votes