Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chats, Challenges & Laughs 2nd home

ANSWERED

For all my Chats, Challenges & Laughs peeps! Since we can't get on the threads I thought I would start a discussion area for us. We may not be able to keep track of points standings easily but we can still talk.

I miss you!

Best Answer
2,024 REPLIES 2,024

Saturday = 1 point

Jan - I'm keeping you and your mom in my thoughts and prayers.

Elaine - we're far enough inland that flooding was never going to be an issue. We're far enough south that although we got some snow not nearly as much as further north of here.. The wind was wicked but we really lucked out. The electricity flashed off and on about 5 times while I was working. It flashed off and on so often between 7 and 9 pm I lost track but fortunetly it was only off for seconds at a time and we never lost it completly. I've heard reports that some of those who lost power not too far from here won't be getting it back until Wenesday... That just so happens to be when they're forcasting the next costal storm to form. Right now they're saying this one won't be as strong or move as slowly as the last one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No Sunday challenge as I believe just trying to find out where we’re posting is a challenge. 

Today is Hubby’s birthday. Last he attended a father-daughter dance with Macy and her paternal grandfather as her dad is deployed. 

Right noe he’s flying with a student. I spent about two hours baking a cake and prepping food the the coming week. I’m watching spring training baseball for about an hour, then I’ll go fix him a fried chicken birthday dinner. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

4 points for Sunday

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry I haven’t been posting.. still hard for me to find the group- this way. 

Ive got 2 for Sunday

Renovating the apartment is making it hard to get any real steps in, I feel like I’m stuck trying to clean up, help with homework, and I’m asphyxiated by all this dust etc... 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 for Sunday.

I cooked ~food~ today. Healthy food! That should make things easier.
Best Answer
0 Votes

2 for Sunday

It's good to get out of the house. At least we have our power. My sister, who lives about 90 miles north of where we are got two feet of snow and her power's not expected to be back on until Wednesday night - hopefully the next storm coming through doesn't push that back too far. She has a fireplace and a small generator so the food in the refrigerator and freezer won't spoil and she can keep the house warm enough to keep the pipes from freezing.

Happy Birthday to your Hubby Elaine! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sun - 3 pts

Outside some yesterday with hubby "helping" him with some wood chopping.  Mainly just getting fresh air and visiting.  Down 15 lbs since I re-started with WW 1/22/18.  Today starts the 6 week fitness challenge at work.  Should be interesting since Jim is on another team.  Hopefully, that will give me some motivation.  Slow start to a Monday.  Didn't feel like going in at 7; so took a couple hours off...need to adjust my drive / motivation for work!

Best Answer
0 Votes

wow 15 lbs -- that's great CJ.

I got to move my first marble into the lost jar.

Had a lovely sunset:

IMG_7512.JPG

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sport - Congrats on moving a marble! Wow, beautiful sunset! So you have both forest and water views? So jealous!

@CJ_Here - 15 lbs! Hard work really paying off. Congratulations!

@kdsarge - Real food rocks!

@MargaretG139 - So glad you didn't have any major storm damage.

Everyone - you don't have to type the whole name to find this thread, just try typing '2nd home' and it should come up.

2 points for Thursday

0 points for Friday, Saturday and Sunday

Work is cracking down on non-work related computer use which is where I usually do my logging and posting....

USW- 215.0 (2/4/14)

LW- 209.6

CW- 208.8

UGW- 150

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I see the forum is down again. 

Last week a dear friend of mine died unexpectedly. Last week was spent traveling, sitting with his widow, and helping with funeral arrangements.

Looking forward to getting back on track.

Carol, I am so excited for you! Fifteen pounds is a big deal!

Sherrie, love the marbles and even more your view!!!

After the sadness and chaos, hubby and I really enjoyed a weekend respite riding bikes and hiking. Our friend lived about an hour for Memphis, so we headed there Saturday for a wonderful, most of the day bike ride, that included the interesting sights at Shelby Farms Park and 30 miles of riding. Afterwards we visited to a top-rated BBQ joint. Sunday we visited a beautiful Montgomery Bell State Park and did a 6 mile hike.

Today I'm working to get back on plan. Guys, my husband has lost 40 pounds. I'm so proud of him. He looks great and is really enjoying how much better he feels. I've had lots more ups and downs with my eating than he has and have only lost 25 pounds. This weekend's adventures left me sore and achy - something I don't experience when I am eating on plan. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@sherryoglesby Sorry to hear about your friend's passing.  His widow I'm sure appreciated all your help and support.  The two of you really are activists with the miles of biking and hiking.  Your weight has been going down also, Sherry.  Please don't beat yourself up.

Mon - 4 pts. Got 17 minutes of exercise today, walking fast around the building and getting on the recumbent bike.  During the 6 week challenge, we can use the fitness center.  It took a while to figure out the chair setting, how to run the machine, etc so next time it should be more riding, less getting on and off; on and off.    

Best Answer
0 Votes

4 points for Monday

Margaret - thank you for your thoughts and prayers.  It is just a waiting game now till we get the results.

Sherry - Sorry to hear about your friends passing.

On Monday I walked over 14k steps.  I walked to the bus stop and caught a bus to the shopping centre.  I firstly went to the pictures and saw "Ladybird" the film was okay but I don't know if I would say Oscar nomination worthy.  After that I spent a few hours walking around the shopping centre (it is a very large shopping centre - it is about the second or third biggest shopping centre in Australia) looking for birthday presents for my Mum.  I want to make it a special day, she has been going through so much lately. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 for Monday

Sunday was a 2
Best Answer
0 Votes

5 for Monday

CJ - So happy to hear WW is working for you. keep up the hard work and you'll have another 15 lbs gone before you know it.

We're finishing our "Biggest Winner" weight loss challenge at work this week. I had set a stretch goal of losing 15 lbs in 7 weeks - no way I did that, but I'm certainly well ahead of last year's pace of losing 10 lbs in all of 2017! Our final weigh in is Friday. Our team has been in last place all along (earning points for a variety of educational / motivational activities). Hopefully the weight loss will close the gap. We've had a variety of challenges over the last two years and I've found them all very motivational and I've learned something from each one - like discovering the eliptical is my favorite cardio workout.

Sherrie - So happy for you that you were able to move that first marble. Woo Hoo  Gorgeous sunset. Thanks for sharing!

Celeste - my WW weigh in is this afternoon. Hopefully I'll be joining you, CJ, and Sherrie on the slide!

Sherry - So sorry about the loss of your friend. Please don't be discouraged about your 25 lb weight loss - remember it is not a race. Everyone loses at their own pace. The important thing is that you are making progress (and sometimes the scale isn't the best way to measure that progress).

Hi KD - what healthy food did you cook for yourself?

Best Answer
0 Votes

4 pts for Monday

Best Answer
0 Votes

Jan - joining in the prayers and good thoughts for your mom. 

Thanks everyone for the condolences for our friend. And for the encouragement. I get so angry at myself for not being able to control what I eat. It seems so simple, but of course it is not. Yesterday I hung on by a thread, but got through the day. Had a bit of residual pain, but worked around it last night with the elliptical.

CJ - good for you on getting moving! Can you feel a difference with your weight loss?

Margaret - I love hearing about the motivating things you are involved in. You are doing great!

Sending love to all!

Best Answer
0 Votes

5 for Monday, Day 1

Carbs = 22, 6% a little high

Other macros within range

Calories = 1317

Steps = 12034

Exercise = 15 min elliptical, 37 min slow jog with intense hills, 1 full body circuit

Weight = 158.8, up 3 pounds from recent low

Goals this week:

- No fast food

- Hill work x3 to prepare for biking season

- 6 workout days

Best Answer
0 Votes

2 points for Monday - just missed the water.

Made a chicken fajita crunch wrap that my hubby found on the internet. Lots of prep (slicing, making a dip for it) quite a long cooking time (25 mins for the filling another 30 once it's together) but pretty tasty overall. I think I would make it again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry I’ve been MIA the past few days and just be glad I didn’t invite you to my pity party. 

You’ve all been making such progress and it’s inspiring. I’m trying to get back on track. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

4 points for Tuesday

Best Answer
0 Votes