Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Weigh In

ANSWERED

I am weighing myself every Monday morning and I am going to log my results each weigh for accountability and support. Please feel free to join in.

Start weigh                   125.5 kg 14/12/2015

Now                              124.2 kg 11/01/2015

Loss this week             200g

Loss to date                 1.3kg

"Slow and steady wins the race"

Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of focusing on how far you have to go.
Best Answer
2,723 REPLIES 2,723

@Makalei, I am far from an expert but I would like to offer a few friendly thoughts.  People keep asking me "if I'm done" and what kind of diet I "was" on.  Here's the thing.  There is no done, I was never on a diet.  I have made incremental changes to my life sequentially and sustainably to the end where I will simply continue eating and living the way I have been for the last couple of years.  
It started with awareness - I knew I was obese, I got a fitbit and it increased awareness of things.  I started to generally become more aware of my food and "try" to eat healthier.  Then I made the big change which was giving up sugar drinks completely and things started to happen.  As I progressed I did log my food intake and watch my macro nutrient breakdown which you may call a diet but it was more self awareness and education about what I was consuming and what affect it has on my weight and my body.  I currently eat well.  I am very active so I eat quite a lot but the same healthy food I used to loose weight.  For me, that's lots of vegetables, eggs, meat, etc.  I limit my carbs, I eat next to no processed foods and sweets with extreme moderation (a square of dark chocolate at a time, maybe a couple times a week, etc).
I didn't get here overnight.  Consider a different approach.  Don't diet, make changes incrementally that you can sustain.  Start with eating the same foods you eat now but shrink the portions of the bad and increase the portions of the good and if vegetables aren't a major part of your life, maybe start that.  Food logging is great if you can look at it and evaluate what you are putting in your body.  If you are walking around miserable or hungry or feeling like you are denying yourself then seven weeks is a long time.  If you can find a new way to view food, find sweetness in nature, find joy in feeling good and consistent energy, then you can just keep on living healthy for a lifetime and watch your body transform.
Logging in here has been a huge accountability for me as well.  I know if I slip into poor choices I will have to face it on the scale and then I have to write about it here.  I am perpetually motivated to not let that happen.
Best of luck to you, welcome to the group.  I hope I was not preachy, I was just hearing the repeated and failed attempts at dieting language that makes me sad.

Best Answer

@Makalei, I did the same as @tamado did. Small incremental changes that were sustainable over a long period of time. I started with just walking. Making sure I hit my daily goal every day. After a while, I increased that number. It wasn't until about 4-5 months in that I started looking at my food intake. I started tracking my food more to see how much I was eating in a day. Turned out it was a lot. So I started focusing on eating the main meals and limiting my snacking (I am a bored snacker, get bored and I snack). Didn't go whole hog on it just cut stuff here and there. That's when I noticed my weight start to melt off. I was still consuming around 2K calories a day but I had cut out around 4-500 calories by simply limiting my snacking. I've never cut out specific food items deliberately but over time I noticed that I eat more lean proteins (fish, chicken) instead of red meat or pork. Just a by-product of watching my portion size and intake levels. Now I am doing a more protein rich diet but I haven't cut out fats or carbs like some do. Just increased my protein levels to sustain muscle and burn fat. Now after many many months of cutting things here and there, I am now consuming between 1600-1800 calories (within my deficit levels for weight loss). But I eat a lot of veggies and protein with some carbs for the quicker energy levels.

So that being said, my advice would be the same. Small incremental changes that you can sustain. Once that becomes the norm, add another small incremental change. So on, and so forth.

Best Answer

Clarker, that is amazing!  Your eyes look so much larger now!

I have had a struggle this week.  My weight on weigh in day was up.  That was in spite of being down through the week.  (my daughter celebrated her birthday here so I ate differently).  I was embarrased to post my weight.  Then I realized that I post here for personal accountability.  No need to be ashamed.

I will weigh in tomorrow and be honest about it.

Once again I thank you for the positivity and support found here

Pam

Best Answer

@Pamala, don't ever feel embarrassed. We're all here for the same reason. We are holding ourselves accountable to our end goals. Thanks for the compliments!

Best Answer

Thanks Tamado and Traveling Sunny for your welcomed responses!  I didn't think you were preachy at all, Tamado.  You offered information from your realistic viewpoint and gave helpful advice.  I appreciate it!  Looking forward to working on making choices that make me feel healthy and hope you can cheer me on in a few weeks when I'm not quite as motivated as I am now.   

Best Answer

@Pamala- as already said, we need to post on the week's we're up.  Most people who stop posting are up and don't want to say it out loud.  Maybe that's good for one week, but after that comes another week, and so on.  Post the good and the bad.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

2017 Goal Weight = 120.

3/1/2017 Start weight = 155

3/8/2017 153

Short Term Goal = 150

A good week.  Even had two "eating" functions to attend.  

Best Answer

I had a great week!  I'm down 2.2 lbs.  I'm so close to ONE-derland!!  Hopefully next week.  🙂

Average calories in 1631

Average calories out 2940

And my Fitbit turned green all week.  I hit all 5 of my goals.  🙂

SW  218.4

CW  200.6

GW  145.0

TL      17.8

5'7"

Age 43

Best Answer

@Pamala, thank you for your courage to admit that.  I know the self-loathing and shame feelings associated with a result contrary to my goals.  I had to do the same for the last two weeks and I have had to in the past as well.  I consider the fact that you came here and posted a success.  You have not given up on yourself so neither will we.  See you next week, regardless of what the scale tells you.  Have a good week and keep it healthy!

Best Answer

@Pamala - I've only been hanging about this forum for a week or two, but I've found nothing but support and positive feedback.  Thank you for sharing your concerns, and kudos for having the guts to come back here and be accountable to yourself.  Trust that we're all here for you.  🙂

Sunny - 45 - F - Virginia - Charge 2
Best Answer

@JennyRebecca - I love that ALL GREEN feeling, too.  Congratulations on your good week.  Can't wait to celebrate your ONE-derfulness next week with you!

Sunny - 45 - F - Virginia - Charge 2
Best Answer

Thanks @TravellingSunny !  Fingers crossed!

Best Answer

Have I said lately how amazing you all are?  

Thank you so much for all the support and understanding.  I am here to stay!!

Best Answer

CW - 253 -0     8 WEEK AVERAGE -1.625 LBS (-13)  USW - 363 3/9/16

PW - 253 -3

PW - 256 -1

PW - 257 -2

PW - 259 -1

PW - 260 -8    

PW - 268 +6

PW - 262 -2

In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present.
Best Answer

This is my first post in this thread. 

I apologise now, but I think in kilograms, but if I remember I'll translate to pounds too. 

Starting weight:

1st Jan 2017 142kg (313lbs)

Most recent weight:

10th Mar 2017 126.9kg (280lbs)

Target weight:

100kg (220lbs)

Ultimate Goal: Mens sana in corpore sano
Best Answer

@Dave001, welcome here.  I saw your post in "Have you lost weight since you bought your fitbit" thread the other day and thought you might find your way here.  It sounds like you are off to a great start.  Sometimes when we are ready to loose it just takes that little push over the top to really get things rolling (got the fitbit, changed the diet, got moving).  That's pretty similar to me but I ramped up a little slower.

Best Answer

Happy Sunday!

Starting Weight:

Jan. 6, 2017: 202.3 lbs

• Sun, 2.12: 195.6 lbs
  • Sun, 2.19: 193.9 lbs
  • Sun, 2.26: 192.3 lbs
  • Sun, 3.5:   189.8 lbs
  • Sun, 3.12: 188.2 lbs
  • -1.6 lbs since last week
  • -14.1 lbs since start. 

Goal Weight: 165-170 lbs

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

Thanks for the warm welcome @tamado!

I suspect progress will slow a little now, but even 0.1kg is positive change. 

And more importantly, I feel healthier. 

Ultimate Goal: Mens sana in corpore sano
Best Answer

@A_Lurker wrote:

USW- 407

CSW- 360 (Feb 2016)

PW - 257.8 (2/26/17)

CW - 256.6 (-1.2 lbs)

Progress:  1.81 lbs/week for 57 weeks

UGW- No idea yet  Woman Happy

Ugh, I'm sick this week and my eating has gone all to hell.  I thought I was just fighting some sinus pain but it has progressed to coughing and sore throat.  This is my side effect of dieting - I catch everything going around.  I kind of slid back into maintenance late in the week to see if that would help, but no, not at all.  Of course I just worked out that I've only had about 1000 calories today, so that could also be part of the problem.

USW- 407

CSW- 360 (Feb 2016)

PW - 256.6 (3/5/17)

CW - 256.0 (-0.6 lbs)

Progress:  1.79 lbs/week for 58 weeks

UGW- No idea yet  Woman Happy

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

Hi Everyone!

It's been an absolutely crazy week but I did weigh on Friday as usual but it took until now to get here to post! 🙂  So here's this week's update:

USW: 224.5 lbs (7/6/16)

CSW: 177.0 (12/23/16)

CW: 176.5 (12/30/16) -0.5 lbs

CW: 173.5 (01/06/17) -3.0

CW: 171.0 (01/13/17) -2.5

CW: 169.5 (01/20/17) -1.5

CW: 169.0 (01/27/17) -0.5

CW: 168.0 (02/03/17) -1.0

CW: 168.0 (02/10/17) -0.0

CW: 165.5 (02/17/17) -2.5

CW: 163.0 (02/24/17) -2.5

CW:  159.0 (03/03/17) -4.0 

CW:  156.5 (03/10/17) -2.5 Smiley Happy

UGW: 155

As I mentioned, life has been crazy this last week....super heavy work load with tons of hours, a power outage, car issues, and a retirement party to top it off!  Somehow I survived with only minimal interference to my routine.  I did not get in my usual Friday morning workout but other than that I was able to keep on track. Well....only 5 weeks left until tax season is over and then back to some sort of normal...whatever that is!! 🙂

Anyway...it was another good week with a 2.5 lb loss which puts me only 1.5 lbs from my goal weight and I'm very excited about that!!  As I'm "nearing the end" so to speak 🙂 I'm thinking of lowering my UGW from 155 down to 150 and then work to maintain my weight between 150-155.  This will still keep me at 22 on the BMI chart and will give me a small range to stay within for my weekly weigh-ins. What do you think? Is this a good strategy?  My struggle in the past has always been maintaining my weight once I reach my goal so l'm looking for advice.

Thanks everyone and have a great week!

Best Answer