Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Weigh In

ANSWERED

I am weighing myself every Monday morning and I am going to log my results each weigh for accountability and support. Please feel free to join in.

Start weigh                   125.5 kg 14/12/2015

Now                              124.2 kg 11/01/2015

Loss this week             200g

Loss to date                 1.3kg

"Slow and steady wins the race"

Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of focusing on how far you have to go.
Best Answer
2,723 REPLIES 2,723

@whitesox wrote:

Start                233.9                  5/22/2015

Last Week      179.7

This Week      180.2

Second week in a row with a gain. I need to pull myself in so I don't throw it all away. I went to the gym twice last week instead of my usual 4 times. I have not done cardio in 3 weeks. Eating out too much as well. I feel like the motivation is gone, I need to get it back.

Got your back, jack.  I need others to be watching in these groups for them to be motivating.  I am watching and you have done great.  You're up a few lbs in a few weeks, that's far from throwing it away.  Don't throw out the gym and the eating on the same week!  If you're skipping the gym, be tight on the diet.  If you're eating well, take a day off and get by.  I have finally started allowing myself to enjoy a meal salad at a restaurant.  It used to be a mental block for me, it seemed like a waste.  Then, I ordered a standard entree and didn't eat the potatoes or garlic bread and I was still hungry (very).  The next time I had a huge salad, full of flavor with a nice piece of meat on it.  Give it a try, tons of flavor, guilt free.  If you eat out, just try to make better choices.  We're in this for the long haul, stay strong.

Best Answer

@whitesox I too know your pain. I set a lofty goal of losing 3lbs last week based on I binged and did not lose any weight from the previous week. I ended up losing 1lb but I am not happy with that because I know I wanted to push myself to get my routine back. Instead I ended up at DQ 2 x and binged on larges both times, 1350 calories each. I ate so many bad sugary things the last week I feel slow, weak and almost sick. I have not been to the gym in over a week and my walking is down from 70k+ weekly to 40-50k a week for 3 weeks now. 

Start                214                  1/01/2016

Last Week      180

This Week      179

This week is all about de-toxifying. I need to purify my body. I am not going to push myself so hard that I feel I have to binge at the end of the week. I am going to ease myself back into my workout routine, maybe fast 1 day towards the end of the week. I usually eat the most bad food on friday/saturday, it was the normal family fast food night so it is hard to give up something when I am the only one committed to kicking the fast food friday/saturday as of right now. But I think I will instead of falling into temptations too get fast food with everyone else I have to choose to fast on one of those days. I know it will be difficult but my body is telling me I need to detox. 

Best Answer

Such an inspiring thread. 

Thought I'd join in to help keep myself on track.

I'm aware it Wednesday, but I wanted to just put my stats up..

4/5/16 - 130lbs

mini target - 126lbs

overall target - 122lbs. 

Lets do this! 🙂

Best Answer

@CarolineREW Its never to late to join in. Welcome to the thread.

I find this thread helpful as well. Not only for motivation but also to not beat myself up so bad if/when I do stumble. There are times we all will stumble a little, but if you document your weight loss in a weekly thread like this you get to go back and see just how much progress you are making over the entirety of the weight loss. Then you can think back to those times and remember what you were doing differently then that made the difference.

So when you do stumble up a little you get to go back and look at the overall picture. Instead of being disappointed in oneself for maybe gaining 1-2 lbs this week, you start looking at the bigger picture. It gives you the opportunity to find support and motivation towards your overall goals. For some weight loss is the overall goal, as you progress further however, the overall goal should be about living a healthy lifestyle, not just about weight loss. But we all have to start somewhere and having a goal set for weight keeps you motivated and on task to better overall health.

I use this thread like a progress report and journal all in one. 1-2 times a week I enter this thread, post my weight, my thoughts on what I did right, what I can improve on, and I set a new goal for myself each week. I also take some time to read some of the other users posts, such as yours, and throw out a couple of thumbs up so everyone can share in the progress. 

Best Answer

I'll post one more time this week.  I find it so extremely helpful to look at my graph of weight loss.  When I feel stuck or like I am slipping, I look at where I have come from.  To quote Nietzche:
"The essential thing ‘in heaven and earth’ is . . . that there should be long obedience in the same direction; there thereby results, and has always resulted in the long run, something which has made life worth living."

Our journey needs to be a long obedience in the same direction.  We will take curves to the left and right but when we graph it out, we should see an overall pattern of where we want to go or want to stay.  I am looking to level off my curve now.  It will go up a bit and down a bit, but I aim for that long obedience in the same direction.  Look at your graph if you have been logging your weight and ask if where you are going is the right direction overall.

Screenshot 2016-05-04 09.58.21.png

Best Answer

@Stinkyfish97 Thank you, I definitely agree with you. I think it'll become a diary of my journey also.

Thanks for the welcome and congrats on your achievements. 

@tamado Your weight loss is very inspiring, keep at it! 🙂

Best Answer

congrats @tamado,

Greetings all

PW Apr 30, 60.8kg (134.1 lb)

CW May 7,  60.9kg (134.3 lb)

UGW           57kg (125.7 lb) BMI 23.7

Keep chipping away, I had a bad week but am back on track and persisting. I can do it, I will get there eventually.

Remember 'The successful have failed more times than the spectator has even tried.'

Best Answer

Start weight 125.5kg (16/12/2015)
Now 116.8kg (25/04/2016)
Goal 70kg

Loss this week 1.2kg
Loss to date 8.7kg

Mini goal 115kg

Back after a break. I had a working holiday which was quite physical and seemed to outweigh the amount of take-aways and meals out. It also seems to have broken the plateau that I was on. Getting close to my minigoal and breaking 10kg.

Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of focusing on how far you have to go.
Best Answer

Morning!

Wasn't very optamistic I'd lost anything this morning, but I have, so feeling good on this sunny UK day! 🙂

4/5/16 - 130lbs

Today 9/5/16 128lbs

mini target - 126lbs

overall target - 122lbs. 

Best Answer

@A_Lurker wrote:

Current starting weight: 348 (2/29/16)

Last week's weigh in:    327 (4/18/16)

Lot's of travelling and eating out over the last few weeks.  I always feel that even with restaurants that list calories, well, they are sometimes way off.  Not sure I have a final goal yet, but added a mini-goal for the moment.

This week's weigh in:  323 (5/9/16)

Mini-goal:  under 300

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer
Starting weight 72.1
Weight now 71.4 (week 1)

Still need to get serious, I know I can be stronger than I am!! Hopefully I can make good progress toward my goal of eventual 63 kg (???????). Congrats to all who have achieved some weight loss this week. 😊
Best Answer

Start                214                  1/01/2016

Last Week      179

This Week      177.6

Pretty happy I finally can report I am down to ~177. After fluctuating the last 2 weeks up and down from 177-181lbs I finally broke through that wall. I know the wall was a self imposed one where I kept sabotaging myself by basically binge eating on weekends. The last week I changed my diet slightly. My family usually eats out (fast food) 1 time a week, usually on the weekend before weigh in. I broke the habit of giving into temptation of getting something greesy and instead went with subway. My ultimate goal is to break from the habit of eating out all together but I think this was progress. I told myself I will eat healthy, instead of do not eat unhealthy. After reading the book Don't Think About Purple Elephants I applied this knowledge to a real life situation. When you tell yourself to not do something, the exact opposite is what happens, you tend to keep thinking about it. In my case it was with unhealthy fast food. I would tell myself don't think about it but what happens? I think about every fast food restaraunt in a 10 mile radius. I highly reccomend adding this book to your bookshelf if you have not already. 

Best Answer

Start                233.9                  5/22/2015

Last Week      180.2

This Week      185.9

I have to confess, over the last few weeks, my mind has been focused on other things and my goals have suffered. I need to get my mind off those things and my head back in the game. Eating habits are not that unhealthy, I just think I am over eating because I am not in a good spot emotionally. I stepped on the scale this morning and hopefully that was a wake up call. I packed my lunch for the first time in weeks, something I had been doing throughout this journey. I'm aiming for a cardio session tonight and I'll go from there. It's hard for me to get back into a routine. In total, I am up 10 lbs from my lowest weight around 3 weeks ago. Easy to put on, hard to take off.

Best Answer

It's all about lifestyle changes and making changes, yourself, that work for you and are attainable.

One bad week doesn't mean you should lose all hope, it just means your human. Look at the bigger picture of how far you've come and remember why you started. 

High fives to everyone on this thread! You're all an inspiration. Stick with it. 🙂

Best Answer

It's Monday and a great day to start the weekly weigh in thread participation.  My weight loss has had its ups and its downs.  But using my Withings Smart Body Analyzer, I get an accurate mapping of my weight, even if I am not happy with the number.  I'm 49-years-old and 6'1" tall.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Best Answer

Start 265 lbs 09/27/2015
Last Week 176.6 lbs 05/02/2016

This week  173.2 lbs 05/09/2016

Weekly loss 3.4 lbs
total Loss 91.8 lbs

Well, I said I would listen to my body.  I really thought my weight loss would start tapering off now.  I am allowing myself more calories and more carbs and I am still losing.  I am still extremely careful with sweets and no pop but I ate a lot this weekend (relatively) and probably had six beers and I am still losing.  I basically do not eat out and eat next to no processed foods.  I am really buying in to the idea that if we give our bodies food that it knows what to do with (real ingredients) we are not so prone to weight gain.  Even things as simple as eating trail mix instead of a granola bar or fruit instead of a fruit snack or fruit juice.  I made french toast again on saturday with 4 slices of thick bacon, whipped topping and fruit with a drizzle of syrup.  I was on the boat fishing at lunch so I had some turkey sausage on a slice of bread with cheese and mayo and nice sized salad and I made souvlaki with rice and corn and a salad for supper.  Then I made popcorn in the evening.  I even had half of a chocolate bar.  I am actually stunned that the weight is still coming off.  

I read an article last week about the biggest loser contestants and their ongoing struggle to maintain weight.  To be honest, I had a bit of a panic/anxiety attack.  I shared it with my wife in a chat and when she replied she knew I was upset.  She phoned me from work and I was crying...  So, ya, proud moment.  My point is, it seems this journey we are on together is mostly about changing lifestyles and finding a way to eat sustainably to feed our bodies, enjoy food and feel good.  I really feel I am acheiving that but those moments of self-doubt are terrifying.  Keep up the good work everyone.

Best Answer

Start: 212.8lbs 2/14/16

Last Week: 199lbs

This Week: 196lbs

Lost this week: 3lbs

Total lost so far: 16.8lbs

Best Answer

It's my first time to post, but I think this is a great idea. I need some accountability!

I started using Fitbit April 25th. I weighed 183 to start. Today I am at 180. Slow and steady, I guess., although I get impatient very easily. That's probably part of the reason I haven't lost in the past! I need to just trust the process, I guess. 

Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Best Answer

Awesome @tamado, you are doing well, I do not know your height, but my father-in-law was 6ft 2in tall and always looked fit and healthy when between 154-161 lbs, any lower or higher and he was ill. As I said I do not know your height, but looking at your pics you look a similar height and build abodynd just maybe your body is pointing you to a lower weight target. It is awesome just how far you have come. Keep up the good work, I am applauding and cheering you on.

Best Answer

Happy to report that with a week away my weight has not increased. It hasn't decreased either but I'm certainly not complaining!

Last week 161 pounds

This week 161 pounds

Target 154 pounds

Best Answer