Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit won't sinc

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Got my Fitbit in Jan - no problems. Last night was the last time it sinced with my Android. My phone now can't find it. Any advice?

Best Answer
148 REPLIES 148

Hi , I tried to add a new device but it just keeps recognising the fitbit and won't let me progress any further, did you have to remove the fitbit and then add it as a new device, thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. Plug your charging cable into your computer.
  2. Plug your Fitbit One tracker into the charging cable, making sure that the gold contacts on your tracker align with the gold contacts in the inside of the charger.
  3. Hold down your tracker's button for 10-12 seconds.
  4. Open the Fitbit App.
  5. Tap the Today tab User-added image, and tap your profile picture.
  6. Tap Set Up a Device.
  7. Choose your device and follow the on-screen instructions to continue.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I did all that and entered the 4 digit code.  Fitbit One then syn'd to my phone.  But only once.  Next time I tried to sync, it didn't work. I have to restart my device every time i want to sync to phone.  It does sync to my Wondows 10 PC, however, and my phone will then sync to the PC.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes seems like you have to do something every day to get it to work again. Mine worked fine all day yesterday and then this morning I woke up and it still showed yesterday and could not find my device. So I plugged it in reset the one let's see if that works for the day. But again Fitbit doesn't think there's an issue and the bottom line is they don't care go out and buy a new one

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes...mine only worked for a day. I guess it’s something we have to do until they decide it’s worth fixing, if at all...

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

same thing with me--but add it like it's new and it will see you already have one and provide the code.   That worked for me today and we'll see about tomorrow.  Bottom line the tracker works--the app does not so I realize I'm in a small group of people that do not want the watch tracker and I may have to go old school and just enjoy my tracker without an app.

Best Answer

Yes, I have to try multiple things to get it to start syncing. I so prefer the clip-on tracker and like you will probably have to just use that without the app

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine is still working from adding yesterday! Keeping my fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been having the same problem, plus after dropping it on a tile floor a month ago the display stopped working so I can't even try adding a new device cause I can't see the 4-digit display. Poor, failed customer service conversation also. After reading many of these posts, I've concluded the problem is the upgrade they did a few days ago (8/20/19?), and that they want you to upgrade to a new device. Well I did, but not Fitbit! I'm going with BellaBeat. Best of luck everyone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I really just wish the company would own the fact that something changed which will no longer allow our ones to work properly. Yes I will be checking out alternative Brands as well as this company has shown me what they do to increase their bottom line..

Best Answer

Your fitbit works perfectly well--it's the app that doesn't work.   I wish they would simply continue to sell the One--there are a ton of people out there who don't want a tracker for a watch.  Anyway, I love my One and the app is really a luxury I don't have to have.

Best Answer
0 Votes

thank you, I know what is not working, don't need you to clarify it for me.  Is yours still syncing properly or are you being forced to do something every day to get it to sync?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since you have such a snarky attitude, I don't feel compelled to respond any further.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

You didn't need to be rude here. 

People act like they have to get a new tracker if the app won't work. 

You and I are in agreement--we'll use our tracker without the app.  And as I stated in the thread it worked today--I'll deal with tomorrow--tomorrow.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit One wouldn't sync either until we found something on google.

Turn off the phone's bluetooth.

Plug Fitbit into charger. Turn off by holding button down for 15 seconds. (not just 10-12 seconds) 

Remove Fitbit from charger and turn back on.

Turn bluetooth back on.

It worked for me!

Best Answer

Thanks for the suggestion...I'll try this tomorrow...today I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app three times, in addition to resetting the one three times at least have synced to this point today...

The app shows last updated Google Play August 15th, and my syncing issues started on August 16th... I wish I could get a copy of the old app

Best Answer

did not work for me... sadly

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is what they told me to do on live chat and it worked until the next sync and hasn't worked since. I commented on Facebook and they have asked for my email address so watch this space. 

Best Answer

Thank you...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Worked like a charm! My Fitbit is now syncing again. Thanks for the tip.

Best Answer
0 Votes