Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit won't sinc

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Got my Fitbit in Jan - no problems. Last night was the last time it sinced with my Android. My phone now can't find it. Any advice?

Best Answer
148 REPLIES 148
I bought a used one on eBay and started it up on Wednesday. My old one refused to sync, no matter what. So far the one I bought on eBay is syncing... 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
Best Answer

Hi Tim-Bear, I did restart, Bluetooth off and back on, and added my One to my iPhone app three days ago. I sync several times a day, without issue using my iPad and iPhone. I still can’t get my MacBook to sync. I also use MyFitnessPal and they have been updating each other without issues. Not sure if that helps you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My One is still not syncing to my phone without first restarting.  It has been syncing to my Windows 10 app on my PC.  Today, I discovered that there is,an app for my Amazon Fire tablet.  My One is syncing to that, too.  If I sync to either once of these devices, my phone app will update.  Very strange.

Best Answer
0 Votes

same here

@Shelly1970 wrote:

It's been now a day and a half and still no sinc between my phone and Fitbit One!! Can anyone offer any advice on how to fix this?? I've restarted my phone a number of times and still nothing 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes
I talked to Fitbit and they said they are working on a fix. Apparently they fixed one thing and messed something else up. Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Please go back and read through the posts in this thread.  You will see everything that we've tried and some of the work arounds that have helped some of us.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just found a helper. It said to use the charging cord in computer port place one in it , making sure the metal contacts are tou ching hold button on one down for up to 12 seconds. Remove one and then try to sync to app on phone and it worked  the best in weeks yesterday to today for phone syncing.Good luck! 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the suggestion, I've done that several times but it never syncs consistently

Best Answer
0 Votes

If everyone who has a Fitbit One and is unable to sync without trying to reset your device, reinstall the app Etc please email https://contact.fitbit.com and complain as they are again acting like this problem has been resolved

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yep.. as I said it did work seemed great,  initially..now I will just hook to computerms nightly I guess.  Good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There was a new app in google play dated 8/30/2019 which appears to solve this syncing issue.  fingers crossed, mine has synced regularly now

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't find an app updated on 8/30.  The Playstore app I find was updated 8/15.  I uninstalled and reinstalled anyway.  It still does not work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I went to Google Play Store and it shows last updated 8/30..android user

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry, says last updated 8/15. Downloaded it 3 times by now, hasn't found my One since 8/27. And then for a second, still haven't figured out how . Frustrating!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the suggestion. The app states it is from 8/15. My phone says it is already installed and my phone . Should I unintelligible and reinstall , and is yours still syncing?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, maybe Fitbit will take notice if we just switch brands completely.

Best Answer

I uninstalled and reinstalled and had even more problems than before.  It would no longer sync with my PC.  After much trial and error and changing settings on my PC, I got it to work, I thought, but it was not syncing calories burned.  It still syncs with my Amazon Fire tablet.  This is crazy!

Best Answer
0 Votes
  • If  I try and force a sync it says no device found but if I let it update on it's own it synced..very frustrating 
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue, sometimes it syncs sometimes it does... I called Tech support supposedly it is an unresolved issue with Android phones... I plugged the "dongle" into my home computer when I accessed my account...all my fit bit activity logged, then " magically" it finally synced to my phone after repeated phone restarts,but today it is no longer syncing to my phone..Tech support answer" we ate working on the glitch with Android phones...

Best Answer
0 Votes
So far I have deleted and downloaded the app 4 times and restarted my one 3 times. It synced once since August for a second and then nothing. Not sure what I'm gonna do. Maybe a different brand tracker is the answer.
Best Answer
0 Votes