Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery draining in less than a day

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My partner bought me a charge 2 last year for my birthday in mid november, its been amazing right up until 3 days ago. It used to last me 6ish days when I first got it and now since last saturday its been less than 24hrs. I always charge my fitbit when it says its battery is low from the notifications on the device, when I take it off I let it have a good 2-2.5 hrs on charge before putting it back on.

On saturday 10th I noticed after charging it that morning around 9-11ish, that by 7pm it was saying battery low on the fitbit, gave it another charge up and thought it musnt of been on properly first time. This was the same on sunday, not long after i woke up around 10am it was saying it was low again, so again another charge and it lasted until maybe 8pm then wanted charging again. Again it was charged and by now Im getting a bit annoyed and confused as to why its doing this. Same thing on monday and woke up today with a battery as dead as a dodo. So far its been on charge for 45 mins and when I push the side button its coming up with the battery and a slim line down the bottom so at least its still charging.

Ive cleaned the contacts on it via the help section and it doesnt seem to make any difference. The only notifications I have turned on are the moving reminders, although Im usually up and about most hours anyway making a cuppa or at work etc. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, if it helps I live in the UK so if there is a place I could take my fitbit to and have it checked out preferably that isnt the far end of the country would be fantastic or any other help in general. I havent told my other half yet, but I cant imagine he will be too happy about it being as its only 7 months old.

Best Answer
69 REPLIES 69

I have owned my Versa 2 for three years and it has behaved well.  However, yesterday I forgot to unplug it and I went to work.  I came back 9 hours later and of course it was fully charged.  But it discharged completely overnight, to 0% by the time I woke up.   A charge on this typically lasts for at least a week because I only use it as to count steps and to see the current time.  So now I guess the battery was damaged by leaving it in the charger all day.  The only other possibility is that the contacts need to be cleaned because one of them is visibly dirty.   I've had several family members who bought FitBits and theirs died after about a year, so I guess I'm lucky that mine lasted for three years.  If cleaning the contacts doesn't work, I will probably read reviews and try to find a device that lasts longer and doesn't get stuck in that dead-looking black screen every few months.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where is the answer?  I don't see one!

I have exactly the same problem. Seemed to happen after the firmware update.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit will say to clean the contacts, reboot etc, but there is no real fix, the company want you to buy a new one so they don’t bother to sort the problem, which they have known about for years 😏 saying that I lost my charging cable, so bought one on Amazon. That seems to have helped a little 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah, I bought from the competition— and paid $13 for a three year warranty. Just bring it back any time during the 3 years. With my Fitbits, that would be at least 3 times.

I like the Fitbit software — but not the product.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Answer was a 3rd new unit, set to the exact same settings as the others,
with the exact same firmware.

Regards
C
Best Answer
0 Votes

@C23C are you confirming your 3rd fitbit had the same settings and exact same.firmware and still have the battery drain issue. Such a shame fitbit doesn't see that their firmware causing this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I see this marked as the best answer but I don't see an answer? Can you kindly point me in the right direction?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've bought a fitbit watch less than 6 months ago. It was my second fitbit. The first one stopped working after a year or so. At the time of its death battery efficiency was less than half it was at the beginning.  Now I've had this second watch for 6 months and the battery charge is good for just a little over 2 days. It was 8 days 6 months ago (12 % per day to be precise). Needless to say it is my very last Fitbit watch.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
I since got an Amazfit and the battery is insane! Easily a week on a charge, if not pushing 2 weeks.

Meanwhile, the Fitbit software is more polished, I’d say.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you very much for the info. I will check it out for sure. How long
have you had it. Cause I was rather impressed with the eight days on a
charge of the Fitbit when I got it too, but it didn't last.
Best Answer
0 Votes