Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2: Heart Rate not showing in App and associated stats missing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I have 2 issues related to Heart rate BPM.

1) My BPM (and resting BPM) is clearly shown on my Fitbit Charge 2, but is not showing on my App, only showing my resting BPM. I have Heart rate setting to Auto and the App is fully synced. This has been working for a few days since purchase, but now suddenly stopped working.

2) Also, after I have synced, heart rate data from around late morning onwards is missing from the heart rate graph. If I swipe my finger accross the graph, it does show the BPM  value but not graph information is visible to see.

i have tried a device and App reset and up to the latest firmware release.

Would appreciate your feedback and support please.

Best Answer
94 REPLIES 94
Yep. It's temporary. Had to do it again…
Best Answer
0 Votes

So much for my excitement about the bluetooth fix. Now I can't connect the Charge 2 to bluetooth at all. It just searches endlessly. Darn!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried the log out, and heart rate still isn't showing on the app 😟

Best Answer
0 Votes
When you delete the fitbit app from your iPhone or iPad and reinstall does this loose all your statistics?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Log out doesn't work. But disconnecting the bluetooth on your phone, "forgetting" the device, and turning bluetooth back on, does. HOWEVER, it's temporary. I've had to do it several times. BUT, it has been working for a few days now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The account is still with Fitbit. (Otherwise, any time you got a new phone, you'd lose your Fitbit "life.") But that method doesn't work. The disconnecting of bluetooth does, but only temporarily. I had to do it twice the day I discovered it worked. Then again the next day. But now it's been showing my heart rate for several days in a row.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I had the same problem where the app didn't show the realtime heart rate a few days ago.

I only figured out to solve it today. btw I'm using Charge 2 with Iphone 5 on ios 10.3.2. Try the method below, maybe it will work for you. tldr at the bottom.

I realized that the time on my phone was not the same as the time on my fitbit. I'm not sure how it happened but it could be because I was at a place where there was no cellular data or wifi for quite some time. So in order to match the time, go the settings, under general, date and time, turn on set automatically. Of course you should know by now that before doing this, you should be on wifi or cellular data and turn on location services. To do this go to settings, under privacy, turn on location services and share location. Once done set the time automatically as described above. Now open the fitbit app and sync your fitbit with your phone. You should get the realtime heartbeat on the app.

You can turn off location services after doing this. You can turn off the set automatically for the date and time if you want to.

I don't have an Android, but I think the principle is the same, match the time on your phone with the time on your fitbit.

Just to confirm it, I changed the time on my phone an hour difference from fitbit, and the realtime heart rate doesn't show.

tldr: Logically you need to match the time on both fitbit and phone to have the phone read a realtime data.

If this method works for you, let us know here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My times already match. Location services are on, and time is already set to set automatically. The bluetooth on/off fix works for me—sometimes. At this moment I'm trying to pair my Fitbit & Charge 2, but the wheel is just spinning endlessly. When it does pair, it's only a temporary fix. Once it lasted several days. But now it quits a few times a day. Glad you found something that works for you. I wonder if this has anything to do with our phone model. I'm using Charge 2 & iPhone 7 Plus. Also, it's not just the heart rate that isn't showing. Notifications also stop going through.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried the notifications and repaired BT when prompted. Thanks! This one worked!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

same problem , have tried everything without success . new charge 2 only worked for two days on this function.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. I tried all suggestions and still cannot get BP on my iPad. If Fitbit monitors these questions I would really like a response from them???

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Third new Charge 2 in one month , all seem to develop same problem

Sent from my Huawei Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes

Cannot get beat to beat HR to show in app. Looks like a commom problem so lets fix it guys

Best Answer
0 Votes
Previously you could go to notifications in account and you would get a popup message asking that your fitbit needs to be paired w your iphone. However since the latest update i cant seem to access that scenario anymore.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your reply. My charge to is paired with iPhone and iPad. Everything else does show up but heart rate. So it seems to be just that issue. Fitbit: if you are sharing other users responses then you must be hearing the concerns. Can we get a fix please?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem. Go to Account --> Click Charge 2 --> Scroll down and Check "All Day Synch".... problem solved

Best Answer
That’s not it. Might work if you didn’t have it on. But if you did, it’s just a constantly spinning wheel. You can either “forget this device” and set it up new, or, if you’re lucky, sometimes a reset will work. It’s an ongoing problem. You’ll see.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked!!!! Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

LLB123 instructions did it for me! The endless spinning of the wheel trying to “pair” when it appeared to be already paired was driving me crazy. Now that I think about it, I wasn’t receiving notifications (texts; calls) during this time on my Fitbit either. Something screwy with the Bluetooth pairing and notifications portion. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
What is LLB123? I have tried everything and getting frustrated as I used to get my texts and phone calls on my fitbit.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes