Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2: Heart Rate not showing in App and associated stats missing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I have 2 issues related to Heart rate BPM.

1) My BPM (and resting BPM) is clearly shown on my Fitbit Charge 2, but is not showing on my App, only showing my resting BPM. I have Heart rate setting to Auto and the App is fully synced. This has been working for a few days since purchase, but now suddenly stopped working.

2) Also, after I have synced, heart rate data from around late morning onwards is missing from the heart rate graph. If I swipe my finger accross the graph, it does show the BPM  value but not graph information is visible to see.

i have tried a device and App reset and up to the latest firmware release.

Would appreciate your feedback and support please.

Best Answer
94 REPLIES 94

Fit bit app needs to be fixed. Had same problem with Bluetooth Debs999.  Drives me crazy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry so many have same problem but glad it is not just me. I am also having problems with text and call notifications not coming through on fitbit . I have tried everything suggested and had my techie grandchild try as well and nothing worked. Very frustrating!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks (a year later) for this. Re-pairing the Charge 2 with Bluetooth not only made the BPM show up on the app, but the "no data" message in the app was replaced by a chart page. Much appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I had the same problem, just finished a run but the heart rate data was not showing on my device stats. I closed down (force closed) the app and opened it up again and the app automatically began syncing after which the heart rate data was showin on my run.

A pain but it seems to work and is a better option than logging out and back in again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Trigun wrote:

Encountered the same issues, where heart rate was not showing in the app, only the resting rate. 

Charge 2 was connected via bluetooth, so it was paired as it was syncing all the other stuff without issues...

Logged out of the app and back in, but that didn't solve it. 

What solved it for me, was to go into notifications (account - Fitbit Charge - notifications)

When I tried tapping on notifications, I got a message saying that my Fitbit needed to be paired with my iPhone ! Weird, because it was already paired... anyway, I tapped the ''pair'' buton, and voila, heart rate is showing in the dashboard again!

I know this thread is months old but I just noticed the heart rate issue on my Alta HR. I checked notifications and got the same message you did. Paired it and now my heart rate is syncing again. This may explain why I wasn’t getting my texts/calls either

My TrendWeight|
Best Answer

Thank you! This worked for me. Didn't realize it had been turned off 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If I could "like" your post a thousand times I would.  I have read and reread hundreds of posts about this problem, and have tried all suggestions.  Yours actually fixed the problem.  Thank you!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ahhh! Bless! Thanks 🙂

Sent by LeSLeY
UK. User since Feb 2015. Retired charge HR. Current charge 2
Best Answer
0 Votes

The fix for me was repairing within the account section on app. Go to account & under privacy/security tap notification and if it's not already paired you'll get a message saying so

Didn't have to actually repair between phone & app/fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Trigun.

I had the same issues and your fix worked for me as I was getting frustrated.

Thx again!

What solved it for me, was to go into notifications (account - Fitbit Charge - notifications)

When I tried tapping on notifications, I got a message saying that my Fitbit needed to be paired with my iPhone ! Weird, because it was already paired... anyway, I tapped the ''pair'' buton, and voila, heart rate is showing in the dashboard again!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same problem. Logged out and into account. Shut down the app. Removed fit bit and added it again to the app. Synced several times but not registering BPM on the app just resting BPM. 

Best Answer

exactly the same happened to me. I did what you did and its now working!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this same problem of live HeartRate not showing on the Fitbit App. It was working before and one day it just stopped showing live HeartRate, only Resting BPM. I'm using a Charge 2 and iPhone App. I have tried all suggestions from forums and fitbit help, including restarting the Charge2, unpairing and repairing, checking all-day-sync is on, etc, but nothing worked.

Finally.. saw someone mentioned here about Time. Did some tests, and found that the Time on the phone needs to be within +/- 5 mins of the Fitbit, else it will not show live data. (The time on my phone was set to manual, and got out of sync by just slightly more than 5 mins).

Conclusion, for All-Day-Sync to work, and to show live data:
- Bluetooth must be turned on

- Fitbit device needs to be paired with Fitbit App

- All-Day Sync needs to be turned on
- Fitbit App (top corner) shows that Fitbit device is connected to the phone/app

- Call, text, or calendar notifications enabled. (applies for Android app, not required for iOS app)
- Time on phone needs to be within +/- 4mins with the Fitbit App

Fitbit, please update the notes in this official article here on real-time data:
https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1960/

I would also like to raise a suggestion here:
Looking around the Fitbit forums on Time setting, I noticed that there are a number of users who have a habit of using manually set time (e.g. 5-10mins ahead as a buffer for being early). However, the Fitbit device only allows its time to be set automatically. Understand this is required to ensure proper syncing with the servers. What I suggest is that the display time be separate from the actual time used for syncing and other time critical functions, and allow manual setting of time, or to follow the time set on our phones. (iphone and most other phones allow for manual time setting, and we should not be forced to adopt server time)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Logout/in works for me on Fitbit Versa. Thanks for the advice. Annoying though that you have to do it all the time when you want see the readings 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit doing the same thing.

Must be the app. It say in heart resting bmp

Best Answer
0 Votes

Heart rate also not showing up in app!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not working for me on my fit it blaze . Was planning on getting a versa soon but this issue is making me consider a garmin vivoactive 3 instead.  I have tried everything to fix it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a charge 2. About 2 weeks ago my Samsung 7active did a software update. Since the update I am having the same issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also tried logging out of the app and logging back in and impairing and repairing the device.... No luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What finally worked for me was to logout, uninstall the app, reinstall, login.

Best Answer
0 Votes