Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 battery is draining quickly

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello.  I've been using my Charge 2 for several months now.  I encountered my first charging issue this week.  I usually charge it about once a week.  Yesterday I topped the battery off to well over half full, and overnight I received an app update on my Android.  This morning I noticed my Charge 2 was not giving me notifications, and I wasn't getting my hourly reminders to move like I usually do.  I finally hooked it up to my charger again since I needed it to get through the weekend.  The indicator showed over half full, but was otherwise unresponsive.  The app showed I had zero steps.  I reset the tracker and it said it was dead?  Has this ever happened to anyone else?  It seems to be charging ok now.

Moderator edit: updated title for clarity

Best Answer
103 REPLIES 103

@Lioness54 Welcome! Thanks for being part of our Community! 

Let me help you with your Charge 2 battery draining quickly. I have created a ticket so our Support team can further assist you via email.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had my Fitbit 2 for 11 months. I charge it every two to three days.  This week, I have had to charge it everyday. Nothing has changed in my settings or how I use my Fitbit.  Is this a sign that the battery needs replacement? If so, how do I replace it. Thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Write to them right away. They will run Back end diagnosis ( I think) and
if you are lucky will get a new Fitbit under warranty.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issues with more than one Fitbit problem. Contact help and answer is.... ur device is outside warranty (by like 20 days) we will offer u 25% off to buy another one of our poor quality products 

Best Answer

Hi. I have had similar problem and in my personal opinion there is a problem with the Charge 2 battery which is reflected in a number of other posts. I have also been disappointed with Fitbit responses which is merely to suggest cleaning chargepoints and then ‘sorry you are out of warranty’ but when I raise, again my personal opinion, that Fitbit should acknowledge this problem I receive a ‘private’ response advising my comments are being removed. I have gone from a very happy Fitbit user to someone very concerned with the company’s approach to ‘customer service’.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am on Fitbit #3. The first one had battery issues. The second one the battery keeps running as it is being charged and then only lasts four hours. When my current Fitbit dies, as it seems they last almost 6 months for me, I will switch to something else also.

So, we buy the Fitbit for all the extras and you are telling us not to use them?

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Love how this is marked "solved" I get the same response from Fitbit. Sorry it's out of warranty but feel free to take 25% off your next purchase. Very disappointed in Fitbit. They used to have amazing customer service. I purchased a charge 3 (not with 25% off deal..Amazon offered a cheaper price) This is the last one I buy. If this one has trouble I will switch to a different brand. There are many more companies out here .. we have options.

Best Answer

AGREED. I had the fitbit flex forever and was pleased with it. When it stopped holding a charge, I upgraded to the Inspire HR February of this year. It stopped working entirely after 2 months. I got the free replace in April. It is now December and it will not hold a charge for more than 24 hours. I turned off GPS, etc, etc. Will not buy from fitbit again. Junk.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Omg I had the exact same problems twice my fit versa started loosing time , battery and kept going from showing th logo to black. Then it was completely dead the advocate told me it wasn’t syncing to my phone then she told me it was because it wasn’t compatible with my phone. Bought a goddamn iPhone 8!! Just for the stupid fit bit. Still didn’t work. They replaced it since I had only had it for 3 months. Guess what 3 months later having the same problems. They are **ahem** they don’t work. Shoulda gone for Apple instead since the beginning. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have always had an Apple phone...when my current Fitbit dies I’m going
with Apple...
--
"The mind, like a parachute, works best when open."-Unknown

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here. My Charge 2 drains in less than 2 minutes (!) after fully charging it. Tried all options suggested by support - restarting, turning off functions, updating app - all did not work. It was working fine then suddenly problem happened one night. Product did not even last 2 years, and we paid a lot for this. More frustrating is Fitbit does not even have service center where I live.

Browsing through other posts, this problem seems to happen to other Fitbits as well. I'm seriously looking at other brands because of this.

Best Answer

It would make no difference whether you had a service centre near you as unfortunately Fitbit do not acknowledge any problem with the battery life and only offer another purchase at slightly discounted price. Non existent customer service. Very disappointing customer experience which means I will not buy or recommend Fitbit.

Best Answer

I've had my Fitbit Versa for nearly 2 years and it was working fine right up until the very day Fitbit released the new firmware update and I updated my Versa . Originally I could turn off my Versa for days and whenever I restarted it the battery level would be at almost exactly the same amount as before I shut it down.  It held it's charge. However now when I shut down my Versa even with it being fully charged the battery will be at 0% within 24hrs.  It's not a battery issue it's 100% the firmware update issue because the battery drainage only started since the update and only when my device is off. If I leave my device constantly on the battery will last around 4 days as it should.  I contacted Fitbit, they refused to accept it has anything to do with their firmware update and although everyone is having issues with their devices too since the update Fitbit told me nobody else has reported any issue to them.   I will never purchase any Fitbit device again.

Best Answer

I don't have a Fitbit but definitely interested in one how do I go about getting a Fitbit.!?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Look through the responses in this and any other subject. There are substantial issues with many versions and customer service is truly lacking. Spend 30 minutes and read the posts. Get an extended warranty if you get one. They’re great when they work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If I used it the same way for a year then why would the battery go dead in one day and no remember to walk?  Yes I understand that the less your watch does the longer the battery lasts. Common sense but there is no common sense in making the watch do less to solve the problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I reset my FitBit?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have only had my Fitbit for 2 months which I love.  Typically my battery lasts 5 days but yesterday I noticed the battery was low in the morning, charged it and went out for some exercise, a couple hours later, the battery went to zero.  I got home and charged it again to 100% and put my Fitbit on again before bed, it again died in the middle of the night:(  very disappointed.  Any help would be great

Best Answer
Mine was old, so I replaced it with a Charge 3. Moderately happy with it as it always disconnects from my phone. Stays paired, but disconnects!Typoze kertessy of my S9+
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sadly Fitbit does not seem to stand behind their product. Either by design or quality their battery life is an issue that is seems they will not support. I like the product. I don’t like the customer support.
As I see it the choice is to continue to purchase Fitbit with a known problem or pay up and purchase a Apple Watch where customer service is taken seriously.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer