Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 battery is draining quickly

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello.  I've been using my Charge 2 for several months now.  I encountered my first charging issue this week.  I usually charge it about once a week.  Yesterday I topped the battery off to well over half full, and overnight I received an app update on my Android.  This morning I noticed my Charge 2 was not giving me notifications, and I wasn't getting my hourly reminders to move like I usually do.  I finally hooked it up to my charger again since I needed it to get through the weekend.  The indicator showed over half full, but was otherwise unresponsive.  The app showed I had zero steps.  I reset the tracker and it said it was dead?  Has this ever happened to anyone else?  It seems to be charging ok now.

Moderator edit: updated title for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Greetings Fitbitters!

@cmch @05172917 @0191 

Please note, that your Fitbit Charge 2 batteries can last up to 5 days. Because battery life is affected by use and other settings, actual results may vary. Please take note of the following to improve your tracker's battery life:

• If you use the Fitbit app, make sure All-Day Sync is turned off. All-Day Sync increases battery drain on both your tracker and mobile device. To find the setting, open the app and tap or click the Account icon at the top of the screen tap or click Charge 2 to see your settings, then scroll down. 
  • (Android only) Turn off the Always Connected setting. Similar to All-Day Sync, it can reduce battery life.
  • If you don't need heart rate data, change the Heart Rate setting to Off. When you turn it back on, use Auto. 
  • Turn off Quick View. Since it causes the screen to light up when you turn your wrist towards you, turning this setting off may prolong battery life. To find the setting, open the app and tap or click the Account icon at the top of the screen tap or click Charge 2 and scroll down.
  • Don't receive reminders to move every hour. To get fewer reminders, make sure you walk 250 steps each hour, change the number of hours you want your stationary time monitored, or turn off the feature on days you don't need it.
  • Turn call, text, or calendar notifications off if you know you're going to receive many hundreds of notifications. A large volume reduces battery life. 
  • Use guided breathing sessions less frequently. Multiple sessions per day may reduce battery life.
  • If you have many silent alarms set, consider deleting some. Each alarm you add up to the maximum of 8 reduces battery life by a small percentage. 
  • Don't charge your tracker in extreme heat or cold.

Also, make sure that you restart your tracker by doing the following:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. Your Charge 2 will begin charging.
  4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for four seconds. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Give it a try and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
103 REPLIES 103

I may have a somewhat similar problem (?).  For several months , my fitbit (charge 2) will only hold a charge for about 4 hours and then goes blank. It works during the four hours.  This occurs despite the most lengthy charging.  (I waited to ask for help because I tend to procrastinate).  Any thoughts or suggestions (about the charger, not me.).

Best Answer

Unfortunately no.  My situation has gone from bad to worse. My charge 2 is completely dead now and nothing is waking it up.  Very frustrating.  It's only been 4 months that I've had it.  I've used the flex and the charge hr before, and they were defective too.  This does not bode well for me staying with fitbit.  Good luck with your device.

Best Answer

Personally i would have 4 months ago looked in the top right of this page, or under help in the app and contact.fitbit.com 

Best Answer

Thanks.  I've been in touch with support.  A lot.  Their standard policy is one free replacement as long as you are still under warranty.  That replacement is only guaranteed as long as the original devices warranty.  Not the best deal since I can't get their devices to last more than a year.  

Best Answer

My Fitbit 2 has died on me I've cleaned the points but no luck I'm trying to see how to change the battery but no luck up to now.

@cmch wrote:

Unfortunately no.  My situation has gone from bad to worse. My charge 2 is completely dead now and nothing is waking it up.  Very frustrating.  It's only been 4 months that I've had it.  I've used the flex and the charge hr before, and they were defective too.  This does not bode well for me staying with fitbit.  Good luck with your device.

Best Answer

Greetings Fitbitters!

@cmch @05172917 @0191 

Please note, that your Fitbit Charge 2 batteries can last up to 5 days. Because battery life is affected by use and other settings, actual results may vary. Please take note of the following to improve your tracker's battery life:

• If you use the Fitbit app, make sure All-Day Sync is turned off. All-Day Sync increases battery drain on both your tracker and mobile device. To find the setting, open the app and tap or click the Account icon at the top of the screen tap or click Charge 2 to see your settings, then scroll down. 
  • (Android only) Turn off the Always Connected setting. Similar to All-Day Sync, it can reduce battery life.
  • If you don't need heart rate data, change the Heart Rate setting to Off. When you turn it back on, use Auto. 
  • Turn off Quick View. Since it causes the screen to light up when you turn your wrist towards you, turning this setting off may prolong battery life. To find the setting, open the app and tap or click the Account icon at the top of the screen tap or click Charge 2 and scroll down.
  • Don't receive reminders to move every hour. To get fewer reminders, make sure you walk 250 steps each hour, change the number of hours you want your stationary time monitored, or turn off the feature on days you don't need it.
  • Turn call, text, or calendar notifications off if you know you're going to receive many hundreds of notifications. A large volume reduces battery life. 
  • Use guided breathing sessions less frequently. Multiple sessions per day may reduce battery life.
  • If you have many silent alarms set, consider deleting some. Each alarm you add up to the maximum of 8 reduces battery life by a small percentage. 
  • Don't charge your tracker in extreme heat or cold.

Also, make sure that you restart your tracker by doing the following:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. Your Charge 2 will begin charging.
  4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for four seconds. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.

Give it a try and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

Thanks.  I've used Fitbits for almost 4 yrs now.  I know how to charge and change settings.  My tracker is dead...after only 4 months of use.  Third different kind of tracker of yours to not even last a year (Flex, ChargeHR and now Charge 2). I work in an office all day so it's not wear and tear either.  Your products are just that bad.

Best Answer

@cmch thanks for getting back to me! That's definitely pretty odd behavior for your relatively new Charge 2. Could you please try the restart a couple of times and leave your tracker charging please? After that, try setting it up as a replacement tracker but, without unpairing it first. 

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Wink 

Best Answer

Miriam,

It is dead. It does not reset. It does not come on. It does not charge.  It is dead.

I am in communication with support about the issue.  I have had a flex, charge hr and charge 2 all die or break in less than one year.  I used to be fitbit's biggest fan.  That has all changed.

Make a better product.  Giving your customers 1 free replacement that will also prematurely die is not the answer to long term success for a company.

Best Answer

@cmch it's unfortunate to read that your buddy doesn't respond as expected. Smiley Sad I feel contacting our Support Team was the best idea for this scenario. Please let me know what's the resolution from our Support Team, I'm sure they'll take a deeper look into it. I'll be around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I notice that most of the replies lament the limited battery life , rather than offering suggestions, or solutions. Any ideas.

U

Sent from my iPad

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

@05172917 thanks for stopping by! Could you please provide me more details of the issue your tracker is experiencing please? 

Every case is different, so let's find a solution for yours! Smiley Wink

Looking forward to your new comments. 

Best Answer

To whom it may concern:

I have just recently experienced a similiar problem. My Charge2 has been working great, until just recently. I have not made any changes to my settings and now, suddenly, the charge drops - within a day. I have attempted the resets just for good measure. Turning off the additional features is not (to me) a vialble solution - as they worked well up until this point. I would like to know why, suddently, my Charge2 is no longer holding its charge and how to fix it. I have also noticed that the green HR lights are on constantly - regardless of the app setting (Auto or Off). I believe this could be the source of the drain, but I would like some professional advice before I search for an alternative monitor. 

Thank you.

After chatting with customer service, they are sending me a replacement Charge2 because I was within my 1 year warranty. No solution for the problem.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

My Fitbit is less than one year old, has this apparently insoluble problem- and has had it for some time.  I have reported the problem.  Would Fitbit send me a  replacement ?   

Moderator edit: removed personal info

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MPM67 welcome aboard! I'm happy to know that our Support Team took care of your concern in a timely manner. Cat Wink Follow these steps to set up your replacement tracker. Feel free to post back!

@05172917 thanks for joining us! I'd like to let you know that our Support Team evaluates each case individually to provide best options possible. Check out Fitbit's Warranty here.

I'd also like to troubleshoot this issue with you. Please follow these steps to restart your Charge 2:

Make sure that you let your tracker charge completely. This could take up to 2 hours.  Check out this article Can I improve my tracker's battery life?

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Hi

I have had my Charge 2 for less than a month and I'm here to tell you the battery has never lasted 5 days!  I'm lucky if it lasts 2 days.

Best Answer

@KrystalFisher welcome aboard! Thanks for bringing this up to my attention. Smiley Happy Have you gone trough the troubleshooting steps I posted above? Do let me know!

Also, charging fully takes about one to two hours. Make sure you give your tracker enough time to fully charge. To charge your tracker:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or a UL-certified USB wall charger. 
    User-added image
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. The battery icon disappears after three seconds.

While the tracker charges, you can tap it to check the battery level. A fully charged tracker shows a solid battery icon.

Hope this helps. I'll be looking forward to your new comments. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
I have and I still have no resolution.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@KrystalFisher thanks for getting back to me and for troubleshooting this as well. This definitely doesn't sound like normal behavior. I have forwarded your inquiry to our Support Team. They shall be contacting you shortly, keep an eye on your inbox! Smiley Happy

Best Answer