Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 battery is draining quickly

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello.  I've been using my Charge 2 for several months now.  I encountered my first charging issue this week.  I usually charge it about once a week.  Yesterday I topped the battery off to well over half full, and overnight I received an app update on my Android.  This morning I noticed my Charge 2 was not giving me notifications, and I wasn't getting my hourly reminders to move like I usually do.  I finally hooked it up to my charger again since I needed it to get through the weekend.  The indicator showed over half full, but was otherwise unresponsive.  The app showed I had zero steps.  I reset the tracker and it said it was dead?  Has this ever happened to anyone else?  It seems to be charging ok now.

Moderator edit: updated title for clarity

Best Answer
103 REPLIES 103

I charged my Fitbit last night and within 10 hours there is no charge! How can I get a replacement?

Best Answer

A warm welcome to our new friend @Adctd1! please take into account these tips if your Charge 2  battery is draining quickly.

Keep me posted with the outcome. I'll be around! 

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

Same issue for me, within the last week the battery life has been reducing, and now it has lost a full charge overnight. I have been in touch with support but might have to wait 2 or more days for a reply so thought I'd add my experience here too. Seems a common problem. I've had my Charge 2 since January, no change in my general usage or settings and have done a reset.

Best Answer

I have the exact same issue. tried all those reset items. Charge2 product is just not good enough. not happy.

Best Answer

Purchased my first charge in Dec 2016; had that replaced in August 2017 due to strap falling apart; the battery on the replacement Charge is now lasting less than 24 hours and has been doing same for about a month now.  Because the first charge was a different fault to this one and would have still been within warranty period will I be able to get an exchange on this second faulty product?

Best Answer

I have similar problem; I will try turning off all those application you mentioned off even those I bought it for those purpose. If that still doesn't work, then with my two year replacement warranty, I will get a replacement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@60-not-out and @Dubmuffin you will need to ask Fitbit that question at http://contact.fitbit.com

Best Answer

Hi there,

This evening I noticed my battery was running low so I charged it to around 50% thinking I'd plug it in later to charge fully before I went to sleep. I did that, charged my FB Charge 2 until it was 100% full and now, about an hour later, it's down to 70 already???

Please can someone help? I've read through the suggestions and turned my all day sync off, my notifications are off too! What is going on???? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had Fitbit Charge 2 for about 15 months and battery life degraded to less than 1 day. While on business trip it finally went below a full day. Ended up having to buy a new one. Plan to try one more but not sure after that. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm dealing with then same thing.  Battery won't last more than 2 hrs after a full charge . Tried the reset, no change . Heartrate monitor stopped working a few days ago.  My charge 2 is also 15ish months old . 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I made a compliant to Fitbit and got it replaced. Obviously some kind of design / manufacturing issue. I just hope my replacement lasts.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have started having issues over the last couple of days. I have tried to restart that hasn't made a difference.

Fitbit hasn't been logging my sleep for the last couple of weeks.

It syncs my steps and kilometres but not calories, steps per hour or active minutes. In fact it doesn't recognise active minutes when I do them.

The time on the watch also changes, on Monday it went to being 10 minutes slow. Yesterday several hours slow. It goes back to normal after a while.

Now the battery is draining really fast - this started today. I can fully charge it and within an hour it is back to needing a recharge.

Everything (apart from sleep) was fine until Monday.

Can anyone help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This sounds almost exactly what happened to mine.  I contacted Customer Support and they had me try a few things - including shutting off all data transfer functions from watch to phone - battery did last a little longer ( 1 hr to 3 hr).  They also had me sync 5 - 6 times during my battery drain after a full charge.  My charge 2 was past warranty so No to a replacement but they did offer 25% off a new tracker from the store.  Personally, it wasn't enough for me but that's what happened to me.  I would start with contacting customer support and see if they can do anything.  Hopefully you are within the 1 yr warranty.  Good Luck

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, my son bought me a fitbit charge 2 for Christmas (10 days shy of 6 months). it has held a charge for about 7 days and worked great until today. it chargesd 100% this morning, then ran out of battery 15 hours later. I plugged it in to charge while seeking help. came here and read about the reset. I reset it, and it is still charging. I'll let you know if it works....

Best Answer
0 Votes

So your solution is to not use it for all the features it has...? 

The solution is to improve the battery power, not to avoid using it in the manner in which it was designed. 

Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese
Best Answer

Apparently that is how the OPer feels @Ukase, personally I would want more and if I had a battery problem would reach out to support. I usually do this through twitterT 

Best Answer

I’ve given up on it. Lots of money spent buying it and two weeks after the warranty it stopped doing anything much. Very disappointed. Battery was main issue - 2 or 3 hours after it said fully charged battery was done. Watch wasn’t keeping time and exercise didn’t sync between phone and watch. Ended up spending additional £200+ on a versa. Trusting this will last longer than one year. Problem is I’m addicted to tracking everything!!

Best Answer

Looks like this has been an ongoing issue since the Charge2 came out. Such a pity. I've had mine for less than a year and a half (got it in March 2017) and just a few days ago I started to have this same issue. Looked all over online to see what could be the cause and what could fix it, tried everything and it looks like my Charge2 is just toast. Customer service is a disaster and won't help with anything. Had I known, I wouldn't have wasted the money on it! Lesson learned and won't be giving FitBit any of my money ever again. 

Best Answer

Battery on My Fit bit Charger 2  runs down to quick, I charged  yesterday now it right down turned off all notifications . I'm over this.

Best Answer

If you have to turn everything off to keep the battery, what's the point of having it. The heart rate monitor and the notifications are part of why I have this......

Best Answer