Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 keeps shutting off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge 2 keeps shutting off and I can't keep it on without restarting the device is it just the battery getting old?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
46 REPLIES 46

I, too, am having this issue all of a sudden. Did you ever figure out what the problem was or how to fix it??

Best Answer

Since this weekend I have the same problem with my fitbit charge2.  Fully charged but shuts down. Lease help....

Best Answer
Hi, there is no real solution. The charge 2 battery lasts around 2 to 3 years and then won’t hold a charge . It is not replaceable unless you follow the YouTube advice which involves warming up the screen to remove it, unsolder in the old battery, soldering a new battery in and refitting the screen taking care not to break the delicate contacts.
There are people who will do this for a fee but I’ve decided against doing it With them or myself ,
I have decided I can live without a FitBit device! I’ve used mine for around 3 years, got to know my sleep patterns, my heart rate and other stuff when I am exercising. I do have their Aria scales and monitor my weight through these and the App. So I feel I am in control of my wellbeing and don’t need a replacement.
I would not buy another Fitbit device until they make them with easily replaceable batteries.
Hope this helps.
Good luck and stay well

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Since starting with Fitbit in December 2016 I’ve had it replaced under warranty twice. Now I’ve been told the battery has reached its end of life. Nothing but problems. 

Best Answer
They never even tried to fix the problem. Just told me it was out of
warranty and offered me 30% off for a new one. 😒
Best Answer
Never got it resolved I-called Fitbit supports they said it was a bad battery and best they could do was give me a discount on any Fitbit so I had to buy a new one.
Matthew Reid
Best Answer

Fitbit certainly don’t value or look after their customers. I too was offered a 35% discount on a new device. Problem was it was not applicable to the Charge 4 which would have suited me. The ‘offer’ was only applicable to the more expensive models which would mean I would have had to spend more than I wanted or could afford on a device which , again, had no replaceable battery!

So I would be boostingFitbit’s sales and kicking the problem down the road! Sorry Fitbit people, I am not playing your game! 
It’s interesting that since I have been writing about these problems on community, Fitbit have ‘given me a new status’ of recovery runner! I don’t know if that’s good or bad!! I would have thought they would be monitoring what their customers are saying about their products and developing more sustainable models for the future. 
Ive had a look on eBay recently and seen refurbished models of charge 2 for sale . On enquiry the seller says they have not replaced the battery. So they could be a bad buy, beware! Some of the reviews for charge 3 and 4 say they are wonderful devices but none of the reviews mention that the battery only lasts 2 to 3 years before it refuses to recharge. None of the reviews mention that the battery is not replaceable either. So potential customers - you and me - are being kept in the dark ! Beware! 

Best Answer
0 Votes