Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not charging

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I'm trying to charge my new Charge 2 for well over 24 hours now, but it still says the battery is low. The pins are aligned and the watch shows a charging symbol when I plug it in. It said 'phew I needed that' when I plugged it in. Yet everytime I take the watch out of the charger it says low battery. The app also says the battery is low. Why whiny the fit bit charge? How can I really know if it's charging (other than seeing a charging battery and waiting 2 hours?)
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I had this issue myself the first time I went to charge my Charge 2. I had left it on the charger overnight and in the morning it was still reporting low. Tried moving it to a different wall USB outlet with no change. Finally I restarted the tracker and charging finally began and worked normally. Time will tell if I'm going to have to restart it before charging will actually work the 2nd time, but in any case, a restart fixed it for me. See if that helps.

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/?l=en_US&p=charge_hr&fs=Search&pn=1

Obviously if it continues to happen, we indeed have a problem on our hands. If it's a one off thing that only happens once, then I can live with it. 

EDITED TO ADD: I noticed a couple comments that the above link was no longer working. If that's the case, try this one instead:  How do I restart my tracker?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
80 REPLIES 80

I had this issue myself the first time I went to charge my Charge 2. I had left it on the charger overnight and in the morning it was still reporting low. Tried moving it to a different wall USB outlet with no change. Finally I restarted the tracker and charging finally began and worked normally. Time will tell if I'm going to have to restart it before charging will actually work the 2nd time, but in any case, a restart fixed it for me. See if that helps.

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/?l=en_US&p=charge_hr&fs=Search&pn=1

Obviously if it continues to happen, we indeed have a problem on our hands. If it's a one off thing that only happens once, then I can live with it. 

EDITED TO ADD: I noticed a couple comments that the above link was no longer working. If that's the case, try this one instead:  How do I restart my tracker?

Best Answer
I've had my Charge 2 for 3 weeks and am getting only 3 days for a full charge.
Best Answer
Thanks for your response. The restart seemed to work as it has now charged. Like you say hopefully it's just a one off!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Caro951 welcome aboard the forums! I'm glad that @CheriePie's advice did the trick. @MMV12 have you tried it? 

If your battery life is still too short take into account that using the activity tracking can have a big impact on the battery's autonomy. Also the notifications, being always connected and how often you check your stats can lower the battery's life expectancy. Also make sure that you always allow for the tracker to charge fully (2-3 hours) before plugging it out. Lastly always use a working USB port or a certified USB adapter. 

Finally if despite taking this into account and restarting your device still does not allow you for a normal battery life then you may as well reach out for support to check on the battery. 

Keep me posted! See you around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

i have been trying for 6 hours to set up my new  fitbit charge 2 ,in the end i contacted support ,ended up beig passed to 3 different people ,who then refered me to a dedicared technical team ,they are that dedicated that ,that was 90 mins ago and no communication in fact the support page just seemmed to disappear, so no doubt i am not impressed with the customer service shown by such a successful global brand ,i have decided it is not worth anymore hassle and will be returning to qvc .uk

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you restart the tracker?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer

Twice in a row now my charge 2 didn't charge even though it showed it was charging. Is there something wrong with my charger, not even that old got it on Black Friday from Fitbit site...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I clicked on this restart link- link not found

Best Answer
0 Votes

@FlowerFan wrote:

I clicked on this restart link- link not found

@FlowerFan, try this help article, How do I restart my tracker?

Best Answer

that link works,

thanks!

Best Answer

My Fitbit went blank and I put it on the charger. After all night and trying again and again it still is blank. It won't take a charge and it does say it needs charging. 

Best Answer

As per several comments below, you should try restarting your Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue - new Charge2, won't charge anywhere (computer or wall); no vibration or any indication. Restarting is not an option because there is no activity at all. Sad especially after my daughter saved enough money to finallI pay her agreed share of the price, and to wear to school this last week of class. So home, she's in tears, store closed, with expensive non-working brand-new Fitbit. 

Best Answer

Sorry about the problems @Mickki but im not sure what is ment by no activity?  Normally if the tracker isn't working a restart will help,  in fact it has helped many that have said that there tracker isn't charging.

Out of curiosity,  is the tracker setup to an account yet?

Best Answer
Hi Rich. By 'no activity,' I mean that the device is doing nothing - no lights lighting, no vibration, etc. So cannot restart, as not on, or started, in the first place. Pressing the on button, and a long on-button hold, do nothing.
Best Answer

I'm having the same exact problem. Blank screen. I do have the green blinking lights on the back. But that's it.

And no response to trying to restart either.

Best Answer

Same story, started about 2 days ago, after few months of successful usage.

Device Died: No charging anymore. No reaction, Not possible to restart too (pressed button 4 sec, 20 sec, 1 min, no reaction, no vibration, back screen).

What I should do?

Best Answer

If it was me, i would leave it in its charger, plugged into s know good 5 volt usb charging device.for at leasr 2 maybe longer hours. Ive noticed that as dead Fitbit might tale that long before it wskes up. Now do a restart of the trscker.

Also you might want to look at the charging cable for damage.

@Mickki your new charge 2, has it been setup yet? Or has it never woked. Did it ever have the www.fitbit.com/setup messag

Best Answer