Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not receiving text/call notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
For the last week or so my Charge 2 hasn't. When receiving text or call notifications. It syncs data just fine but no notifications. When I go into the app settings to change notifications, I just get a spinning wheel and the notifications screen won't open. I've tried restarting my charge 2, force quitting the app, tiring on and off my Bluetooth and restarting my iPhone several times but still not able to open notifications. Any suggestions?
Best Answer
236 REPLIES 236

Awesome, thank you for the tip. Didn't know I shut notifications off to begin with, just notice my tracker was not vibrating to text or calls. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I can get the call notifications but not the text notification and I can't figure out why

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Exactly my problem too.

My fitbit Charge 2 receives all alerts fine, bit not texts, which I really miss.

Pressing the button on the side does nothing (Am I doing it right?)

I can't find where I could have disabled one and not the other.

There's no point in contacting fitbit Help again because they'll tell me, oh so chirpily, that my Samsung Galaxy A3 is not a supported device (so basically - tough!) But the fact is, it did work and now it doesn't.

Please can anyone out there suggest anything?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey there! OK, so with the button on the side, when you press it are you
seeing the notifications option? When I press mine, it automatically opens
to the notification option. From there it should say off or on. If it's
off, switch it to on. Another option is to go through your app and check on
your notification settings through there. In that option, you can set
specifics in regards to text and call and calendar notifications and what
you do and do not want to recieve. If that all fails, I would disconnect my
fitbit from my phone with the Bluetooth settings and then resynch it.
Outside of those options I'm really not sure. Hope that helps you!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Good to know you're back on track @Polina1967Woman Very Happy Is everything running smoothly?

Don't give up yet my friends @mrsmac @Timmy1127! Have you tried what I posted here? I'm suggesting one of the steps that my buddy @Ls1349 says here

iOS Notifications. Your mobile device must get notifications before they can be sent to your tracker. Check these settings:

• For Phone, Calendar, and Messages, make sure Allow Notifications is on.
  • For Messages, also make sure Show in Notification Center is on, Show on Lock Screen is on, and you've chosen Banners or Alerts as an alert style. 

Android Notifications. A default SMS app is selected. If your Android version is 5.0+ make sure a default is shown. This setting can usually be found under More.

Now, in the Fitbit app, confirm which apps should send notifications to your tracker. For example if you'd rather see text messages from What's App than Messenger, change the Text messaging (SMS) app setting. (You can only choose one app per category.) This list shows the most common defaults, but you'll only see the notification types offered for your tracker:

• Phone app—Dialer
  • Text messaging (SMS) app—Messenger
  • Calendar app—Calendar
  • Email—Email

Let us know how them go!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I have done all the things listed under the Android heading and am still not getting text notifications, calls, or calendar reminders.  It has worked since December but stopped last week.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 2 won't receive call or text notifications to my Moto X 2nd gen. I receive all other notifications, and have the Fitbit Notification Service as well as all other default notifications enabled. I've turned bluetooth on and off, tried the reset 3 times and restarted my phone, still no luck. Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!!!

this fixed my problem!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

turning on notifications didn't work.  My charger still doesn't record texts or phone calls. It did when I got it at Christmas

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for stopping by @abba1babba @JeannineK @shu50! Guys, would you mind confirming if you've tried everything I suggested here? Including removing your device from the phone's settings and app? Double check that your Fitbit app is up to date please, iOS and Android

I'm so happy to hear it worked for you @LlkWoman Very Happy Is everything thing running smoothly now? 

I'll be around, so keep me posted! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
All is great
thank you
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

ive tried all of the above I've deleted app deleted Bluetooth rebooted phone added all again about 20 times. I've restarted charge 2 I've tried it all and still get no text notifications. I get call notifications but no text. I had this on my Alta and really wanted it again. 

What else can I try. When it goes to pair I never get the code it just syncs with the app 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for following the suggestions I've posted @Kirstypeach42! This is an issue that some of our iOS users are currently experience. They are able to get call or calendar notifications, but not text. However, keep in mind that our engineers are aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible. 

I appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track! Woman Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

After phoning them yesterday and goin through all the suggestions again they offered me a replacement charge 2 or a 50% discount on another model. I went for the replacement as having already spent £119 didn't want to spend anymore. Are you saying this isn't going to work on the new one either as engineers are working on it ?? Because if that's the case I will ask for a full refund and go back to using my Alta that did work 

regards 

Kirsty 

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @Kirstypeach42! I'd recommend getting in touch with them again to clarify this, as I have stated in my previous message, some users with trackers that are able to receive text notification and with iOS app are having this issue. As they have more tools to check this out, I'd suggest asking if you can switch a phone in the meantime or in case you get a new Charge 2 you'll get the same errors with the notifications. 

I'll be here waiting for your response! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi 

thanks for your response I'll give them another call. As for changing my phone, no I don't think so it'll be cheaper for me to get a refund on the charge 2. My Alta worked fine with text notifications I just wanted the charge 2 for the extras but if it doesn't work then there's no point. I'll give them a call and see what they say. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

For sure @Kirstypeach42! Smiley Wink Fingers crossed!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well new charge 2 arrived today and what can i say it doesn't receive text notifications either !!!

Prompt phone call to be told theres nothing else they can do !!!! Wow £120 and it doesn't work as well as my old Alta.  They are aware of this problem just they are not telling the public. Well I'm now returning my fitbit.  Disappointed is an understatement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is your Alta still connected to your account? 

Try this, go into your phomes Bluetooth settings and remove the Alta.

I find when im near more than one tracker, it sends the messahe to one of them, and never the same one twice in a row

Best Answer

Hi

no my Alta isn't connected but was in my list saying not connected  I've forgot this device and guess what it works !!!!! Thanks so much I was going into town to return it tomorrow and it seems I don't have to now. Although the messages weren't going to the Alta because my daughter is using it. Thanks again 

Best Answer
0 Votes