Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 stopped working at all

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

hiya guys just wondering if anyone can help? my charge 2 has died on me there's nothing coming up on the screen and no green lights flashing.  I've charged it and tried to reset it as about 2 weeks ago it froze and I managed to reset it but now I'm not getting anything apart from a blank screen on the watch.  Any help or advice would be great.

Thanks Shellk321

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
68 REPLIES 68

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @shellk321, hope you're doing great! Thanks for already troubleshooting this inconvenience on your own, nice way to go! Smiley Very Happy 

Do you get the battery icon when you try charging your tracker? Do you feel a vibration when you connect your tracker into the charger? Have you checked your Dashboard to see when was the last time your Charge 2 synced? 

I know you've restarted your tracker, but I'd like you to please confirm if the steps you followed were these ones:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. Your Charge 2 will begin charging.
  4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for four seconds. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Looking forward to your response! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue with my Charge 2.  The last sync was yesterday. It is attached to the charger and the battery does appear and it vibrates to show connected and charging. However there is no green light. I held side button for 4 sec to reset, nothing happens. Please advise.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for jumping in here @Nicole7117 and thanks for letting me know those details! As per the description, it seems that it has insufficient power source. Where do you charge your tracker? Have you checked if by any chance the USB port or outlet is faulty? If you haven't done so, try a different port. A UL-certified wall charger will also work. Don't use a USB hub.

Last but not least, check the alignment and try reconnecting your tracker to the charging cable. See my image below:

User-added image

If after following those tips and recommendations you keep having difficulty when charging your tracker, try restarting your Charge 2 once again. 

Give this a shot and let me know how it goes! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue.  My Fitbit Charge 2 HR is only recording step-related data.  No capturing of bpm, power-level is not captured, and no details on sleep.  I have reset the device, confirmed I have the latest firm ware.  I did notice this morning that about resetting according to directions, the battery level had a exclamation mark (meaning very low), but prior, absolutely no indication of low battery level.  This seems to be more than just a resetting issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @apfels! Thanks for already troubleshooting this inconvenience, nice way to go!

Since this sounds a bit more serious, I've created a Support Case on your behalf - you should soon receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to let me know. Woman Wink

Best Answer

I have done all of the above. When I take it off the charger, it has a full battery and within a few minutes, its gone again. 

Best Answer

Thanks for the details provided @Nicole7117! I have reached out to our support team and created a case regarding your inquiry. Someone will be reaching out to you within the next 24-72 hours with next steps. Smiley Very Happy 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 2 was charged and working then just went blank for no reason.

I attached the charger as I've  done many times.  Nothing.  No vibration, no light, just a dark "screen".  The device is clean - no dirty connection points.

Suggestions?

Best Answer

.Same problem here.

Best Answer
Luckily (?) mine was under a year old.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Im having the same issue and have all the steps mentioned in this thread.

Im having the same issue and have tried all the steps in this thread.  The fitbit will work for about 2 minutes than goes dead again.  Ive had the fitbit for about 2 years, is it just finally dead.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Mine's exactly the same. I've followed all the steps above but no joy. I get nothing at all, no vibration when connecting (I've left it 'charging' all day in hope), no screen showing even for a second, no green lights, I cant even restart it because it's got no power. It's not in warranty as now two years old, surely that's not the end of its life though? Is it possible to get them sent away for repair/battery change even if at a cost? Would really appreciate a response fitbit

Best Answer

So what do I have to do to make it work.

Best Answer

I have the same problem, my charge 2 stopped working a couple of days ago.

I charge it for a few minutes and it says it’s fully charged but then it goes dead after a few minutes of wearing it.

Best Answer

Me too. My fitbit charges normally tells me the battery is full and then 10 minutes later it is drained again. 

It just started last night after I had let the battery run down completely as I didn't have a charger with me. 

Regards

Leonie

Best Answer

Customer services offered a discount on a new product but I’m not prepared to waste my money on a product that is likely to fail. It literally just stopped working, blank, dead screen so put on charge, within 5 minutes it says it’s fully charged then within 5 minutes of wearing it goes blank, dead again.
It wouldn’t be so bad if they offered a repair for a small charge which I suppose I would reluctantly be prepared to pay but it seems they just want you to buy a new product with a small discount but even that is only limited to buying from their own store so not much of a discount anyway.
Time to try a different brand of tracker I think.

Best Answer

I have had this issue too - any suggestions 

Best Answer

I suggest getting a different brand of tracker, fitbit are a joke

Best Answer
Try eBay - I got one for £30

Kindest regards
Nicola
Best Answer