Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 Display - Dimmer Now??

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has the screen dimmed after an update or something? It used to be bad, now it's almost useless.

Normal is ok if I cup my hand over it.

Auto works, but is still really dim in bright light.

Dim is non-existent.

It didn't used to be like this. Been horrible for a few weeks.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello guys @oweniverson and @Dolbec_83! Thanks for already troubleshooting this inconvenience with your Charge 3.

My friend @RiseAndShine is right, there has been no changes to the brightness of the screen with the last update. For more information, see: What's changed in the latest Fitbit device update?

If you haven't tried to perform a restart yet, please follow these steps:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. 
  4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for 8 seconds. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Hope that helps! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
226 REPLIES 226

@oweniverson, there has been no changes to the brightness of the screen with the last update. It functions exactly as it used to.

Best Answer

I can't even read mine half the time. My friend has one too yet hers is a lot brighter! Something us definitely up!

Best Answer

She has the Charge 3?

Mine has definitely changed. It used to be fine, but now it's horrible. I wonder if the different watch faces have different dimming settings...

Update: I see there's an issue with a lot of users having a blank face and the solution seems to be switching watch faces.

As for the dimming, I've tried several different faces and they are all similarly dim.

Best Answer

Hello guys @oweniverson and @Dolbec_83! Thanks for already troubleshooting this inconvenience with your Charge 3.

My friend @RiseAndShine is right, there has been no changes to the brightness of the screen with the last update. For more information, see: What's changed in the latest Fitbit device update?

If you haven't tried to perform a restart yet, please follow these steps:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. 
  4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for 8 seconds. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Hope that helps! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Yes, hers is a charge 3 also. Only difference between ours is mine is the purple limited edition, and hers is the black. 

Sitting side by side, same clock faces, Both on "normal" brightness, hers CONSIDERABLY  brighter. 

I've performed the 15 second restart as per the email support told me, but it didn't make a difference. Mine is still the same- much much dimmer

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @Dolbec_83! Since you were told to perform a restart by our Customer Support Team, I'd recommend to get back to them with the outcome of the restart. They'll be more than glad to further assist you. 

Let me know if there's anything else I may assist you with. 

Best Answer

Cant see screen details when outdoors in even slight sunlight.. Totally useless at swimming pool. Very disappointed.  Doesn't matter if set at normal,dim,or auto. Never would have purchased , I wanted it for outdoor activity.

Best Answer
Yeah a restart does nothing. Several, in fact. The display is barely
visible on the "Normal" setting and if I set it to "Dim" I can only see it
in total darkness after I let my pupils dilate for a minute. I had to do
this when I set it to Dim and tried to take a pic and the tracker timed
out. I couldn't see anything on the display and couldn't get it back to the
"Normal" setting.
Best Answer

Thanks for getting back guys @Gumi1991 and @oweniverson! Also, thanks for following the tips and recommendations provided. I have reached out to our support team and created a case regarding your inquiry. Someone will be reaching out to you within the next 24-72 hours with next steps. 

Point me out if there's anything else I can do for you in the meantime. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have purchased my Charge 3 Special edition very recently. I have noticed that my screen is not as bright as someone else in my office. Is there an issue that people at Fitbit are aware of? Is there a solution?

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Sanjiv001! There are no issues with brightness reported so far. However, I'll be more than glad to help!

Have you checked the settings? On Charge 3, you can manage basic settings including brightness, heart rate, and button sensitivity directly on your tracker. Open the Settings app and tap a setting to adjust it. Swipe up to see the full list of settings. 

auto.png

If you want to get more information about the basic settings of Charge 3, check here (page 16-20) to see the manual. 

Hope this helps, keep me posted! 

Best Answer

If his tracker is like mine, it's barely readable in a dark room set to the "Normal" brightness setting.

Set to "Dim" you can't see it in even in a dark room. I had to sit in total darkness for about 10 minutes before my eyes dilated enough to be able to see the display so I could get back to the setting to change it back to "Normal". In normal daylight, you can't see the display at all.

It didn't used to be like this - for the first few months it was completely fine (I've had several trackers now so I know what it's supposed to look like - and this one DID look normal). Then some time in January it just changed. I haven't been able to see the display ever since.

Fitbit is sending me a replacement tracker. I would suggest anyone else with this problem do the same.

Hopefully the replacement is better.

Best Answer

Still under warranty. Fitbit sent me a replacement. So far so good. 

Best Answer

How can you say there are no reported issues?!?!?!? There are many reported issues that the screen isn't right. Mine for starters being a limited edition one too! All I get is a response to do a 15 second restart! I had to threaten action after the screen started to have ghosting to get anyone to ACTUALLY help, and I even had proof with a friends charge 3 and mine side by side showing the difference! Something is dodgy with them! Last fitbit I ever buy! I'll stick to Garmin or spend more for Apple or Samsung.

Best Answer
I didn't say there are no issues. What I said was that Fitbit sent me a new one to replace the defective one I originally bought.
Sent from Xfinity Connect Application
Best Answer
0 Votes

(My reply was in response to MarreFitbit. I did press reply but it didn't quote it)

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. I will most likely return it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. Appreciate your feedback. I have only had it for less than 2 weeks so i might be able to return it. Possibly Apple watch. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

same problem here. Display is way too dim even in Normal Brightness Mode. It didn't use to be that way. Missing my Charge 2...

@oweniverson wrote:

If his tracker is like mine, it's barely readable in a dark room set to the "Normal" brightness setting.

Set to "Dim" you can't see it in even in a dark room. I had to sit in total darkness for about 10 minutes before my eyes dilated enough to be able to see the display so I could get back to the setting to change it back to "Normal". In normal daylight, you can't see the display at all.

It didn't used to be like this - for the first few months it was completely fine (I've had several trackers now so I know what it's supposed to look like - and this one DID look normal). Then some time in January it just changed. I haven't been able to see the display ever since.

Fitbit is sending me a replacement tracker. I would suggest anyone else with this problem do the same.

Hopefully the replacement is better.

Best Answer