Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 Display - Dimmer Now??

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has the screen dimmed after an update or something? It used to be bad, now it's almost useless.

Normal is ok if I cup my hand over it.

Auto works, but is still really dim in bright light.

Dim is non-existent.

It didn't used to be like this. Been horrible for a few weeks.

Best Answer
226 REPLIES 226
Yeah, me too.

Sent from Xfinity Connect Application
Best Answer
0 Votes

Crazy that they just mark this as answered when the suggested answer was reported by the OP as not helping. Nor do I see anyone saying a reset helped.

My screen started dimming about a month back. Well out of the warranty period so not going to be getting a replacement. Same as some folks report, dim is useless even in the total dark, so I have it set to normal. Normal is only visible in the dark.

Checked out a couple of clock faces, they are all the same.

My guess is that it is a hardware issue, power supply to the LEDs starting to fail or something. Battery life does not seem to have benefited either.

For now, I will treat it is an activity tracker without a display.

Best Answer

I found out how to fix dim light on Fitbit.I went on my Fitbit charge 3 watch & went to settings on the Fitbit watch till it said brightness & I selected normal.It read dim before I changed it to normal.Hope this helps cause I tried reset & it didn’t work.This is the only thing that worked for me

Best Answer
0 Votes

The customer support doesn't help on anything, they just send an template how to restart. Nothing works. Better buy some other company product than FitBit. Total waste of 15000INR.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine was fine till I did an update & it went dim so I went on google after trying the reset which didn’t work & someone on google said to go on settings on my Fitbit watch & go to brightness & select normal & it worked

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine just updated and seems better now. It’s working good. I have settings on normal. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
I did this too and it was working fine. Just got an update and it seems brighter now even. Thanks

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
It worked for me too

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
There is an update now. Try updating it may work.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

It's been a few days from my previous post. The screen is nearly blank now. Restarts don't work. Recharges don't make a difference.

Back when I could see more of the screen, I tried playing with the brightness settings. There are only two, and it was already on Normal. When I tapped on the setting, the screen went to "Dim", which made the whole screen disappear. Luckily, I was able to blindly fumble my way back to turn the setting back to Normal. This was in no way an improvement to the original "blanking" problem, but at least I could see the bottom half of my screen again.

My Charge 3 is next to useless now. I've used at three or four Fitbit devices over the last 4 years, I'm seriously considering using a different manufacturer. What good is a smartwatch that fails on the "watch" function?!

I'm tired of being disappointed by Fitbit: Why does an "upgrade" completely brick my device? This is NOT the way to encourage customer loyalty! How many times do I have to buy the same thing?

What's more, I used to be able to email support. I see that that avenue of support is now gone. (You should update your survey to remove that option, too.) I tried chat and waited for over an hour for no one to answer.

This is no way to treat customers!

Best Answer
Probably cause Covid everyone is on hold cause of Covid I think they only have 1 person on the phones.Try putting the brightness to auto mine went dim again & I put it on auto & it’s working but I think fit bits are only good for about 8 months

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I did the update & that’s when mine went dim

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Well that really was not good. Sorry

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry you are going through that. Mine updated and is working pretty good now. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am going through the exact same thing. I contacted support telling them I'd read through 60+ pages of the forum and they had the nerve to tell me the display problem was "new" and thank you for informing them! Ha! They worked my case and gave 35% off a new product. I'm thinking I'll buy something else since they won't own up to a known product fault. Warranty is bogus if you have a junk product!

Best Answer

The reset did not help my Charge 3.  It is so dim that I can barely see it indoors and it is totally black outdoors.  I am only wearing it for the tracking, but I will need to replace soon for the watch function.  I don't want to wear a watch and the Charge 3.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Did you go into settings on watch face ?

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes scroll to the right till you see settings then look for brightness then select auto

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Try a better Fitbit they only seem to last 8 months to a year

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, it was nearly impossible to see when set to Auto. There has been a definite difference since the firmware update.

Best Answer