Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 black screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Sometime between 6am-10am my Fitbit Charge 3 just stopped working. The screen is black and the button is unresponsive. I have had issue in the past few weeks where it would randomly do this but only for a few minutes at a time. It has now been hours and my Fitbit never turned back on. I followed the steps in the troubleshooting and plugged my Charge 3 into my PC but it still never turned back on.

Please help!

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
300 REPLIES 300
My screen went black but everything synced on my phone. I contacted their
support directly on Twitter. They asked me to try multiple ways to bring
the screen to life (many were repeats I had already done) and when I told
them I had done all those, they asked me where I purchased the phone (never
even asked for proof) and then sent me a replacement. It was within a year
of purchase, but I got the new fitbit within a few days, and it has worked
perfectly!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for that. They are also sending me a replacement. I'm guessing the charge 3 has had a lot of issues as this is the 2nd one I've had both only lasting 7/8 months!
Best Answer
0 Votes

On 11/11/2020 in the late afternoon, I noticed that my Fitbit screen was black and it was randomly vibrating. Additionally, it would not connect to the app on my phone. After numerous attempts to reset it, I left it on charge and eventually it reconnected to my phone. However, on the morning of 12/11/2020, I noticed the screen was again black and would not connect to my phone app. I tried all processes to reset it whilst on charge to no avail. There are no vibrations when I hold the side and no green or red lights on the underside. Later that night, it started vibrating intermittently but button was still unresponsive and resets still failed to work.

I bought the Charge 3 in July 2019, I have lost count of how many times I have had to have a new strap and this is the second pebble I’ve been sent following a similar experience with the first one. Very disappointed. 

Best Answer

This morning mine did the same thing. The clock froze up at 11:37 am. It is still tracking my steps, but my display is black. When I got home, I tried to reboot it without success. I also tried changing the clock. So, what are we supposed to do if everything they suggest doesn't work? This evening, I have tried to reboot it multiple times and it will not work. This is so frustrating!

Best Answer

I am having this problem too. My charge 3 is a year old. I have tried these tips, it comes on for bout 100 seconds and then blank again

Best Answer
0 Votes
If you're having problems and want to see if you can get a replacement
contact fitbit support directly. @Fitbit Support
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you got you post. Looks like a lot of people are having issues with the charge 3, it's obviously a common fault otherwise they wouldn't keep issuing new items so quickly. Cheers
Best Answer

The excact same problem with mine. And If you hold the button it keeps vibrating...

Best Answer
They replaced mine, so I presume it's a common probkemt
Best Answer

My screen is black but the Fitbit still vibrates and tracks 

tried al of this and none of it worked 

Best Answer

Mines the same 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue. Barely out of warranty. The company will do nothing. In my opinion with it being a known issue they need to back their products. All i got offered was 30% off new one. Looking into other brands.

Best Answer

I am also having this issue, and am beyond upset at the response from customer service.  Since my charge 3 was a gift, I can get no help with it.  The customer service agent suggested I gift it to someone else, or recycle it.

I am amazed that Fitbit is not handling this better.  These forums, and many others, are full of users with this identical issue.  It is clearly a manufacturing defect.  The right thing to do would be to recall these and replace them.  

Best Answer
Totally agree, there is obviously a design fault, these need to be recalled and a new version given instead.
It shouldn't matter if it was a gift.
Best Answer

I have the same problem and the troubleshooting steps (restart of the device, hard reboot and changing the tracker's clock face) didn't work.

I hope I can get offered a replacement ASAP as I highly doubt any amount of troubleshooting would make a difference at this point. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Alejandra, my Charge 3 has been getting progressively worse with this issue for around 3 months. It is still under a year old. It started with the screen missing pixels, then partially blank, then flickering, then going completely blank. Previously I have worked through the steps to reset it a number of times but this time it will not work after several attempts (including changing the clock face etc.). It seems to be communicating with my phone and tracking etc., and vibrating but the screen is completely blank 100% of the time. Please advise what I can do next. Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Throw it in the garage and buy something else. That’s what I did

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

That is my plan. May I ask if you are happy with the other brand you purchased? There are so many other options out there. I thought fitbit would last and they would stand behind their products. But I was totally wrong.

Best Answer
When my Charge 3 broke I went back to my old Charge 2, after two months the screen went kaput too. I have Apple Watch 6 now, no complaints.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer

This procedure didn't work

Best Answer