Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 blank display

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It seems my Charge 3 broke down last evening after some 6 days of usage. At around 22:30, when I was reading in bed, it vibrated shortly as if there was a notification. The screen stayed black though; there is no display. From that moment on the Charge 3 has been unresponsive. Screen as well as button doesn't react to touch or presses any more. The heart rate sensor is emitting light constantly (green all the time, instead of slow flicker).

Connecting it to the charger doesn't change anything: no charge indication and symptoms stay the same. So no way to reboot either.

What to do next?

I'll contact my supplier in the evening, have a busy day at work today

HR sensor on all the time...HR sensor on all the time...button and screen don't react to touch or pressesbutton and screen don't react to touch or presses

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
177 REPLIES 177

This trick worked for me!

Today morning my fitbit suddenly started vibrating and then lost the display.  I charged it for an hour and still no response (I assumed my fitbit was out of charge).  I tried the 8 second reset but it did not work.  Finally came across remi22's post.  So just tried changing the clock face and voila my display came back!

Note - I was able to sync, but no display.

Best Answer

My problem was and is the SLEEP section it refuse to work. It haven’t worked for at least two months.

Every morning when I check the results is as if I haven’t wore the Fitbit on my wrist. Before you suggest a solution let me say that I tried everything on the book, I had exchanged it for a new one worked for a couple of times and that’s it

my humble opinion is that engineers should start working really in the software and or firmware 

I really love the design and I thank you for taking the time of reading this 

sincerely 

John

Best Answer
0 Votes

My problem was and is the SLEEP section it refuse to work. It haven’t worked for at least two months.

Every morning when I check the results is as if I haven’t wore the Fitbit on my wrist. Before you suggest a solution let me say that I tried everything on the book, I had exchanged it for a new one worked for a couple of times and that’s it

my humble opinion is that engineers should start working really in the software and or firmware 

I really love the design and I thank you for taking the time of reading this 

sincerely 

John

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me! Thanks for experimenting Remi22. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found the exact same problem today hence being on this forum. 

I’ve found a very simple way to solve this. It probably won’t work in all cases but it did for me. 

Using the Fitbit app on your phone, change the clock face to something different. By doing this, the display kicked back in. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What is the fix for a blank/black screen. I am not sure when mine went black and the battery is definitely charged. Recommendation????

Best Answer
0 Votes
Try changing the clock from the app if it is still syncing. It worked for me. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
Select a new clock face and reload the watch. That worked for me.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Resetting the clock face worked!  Thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
If you can see it on your phone go to the apps in fitbit and change the clock face it worked for me and haven't had any other issues. You can always go back to the clock you liked.
Best Answer

This is a known issue, then? My fitbit is a month old and just buzzed and went blank. The 8 second restart yielded no results.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine did this about a month ago and came on again randomly, but it has done it again last Friday and is still unresponsive. It’s still recording data that I can access via the app. The watch itself if completely useless. I’ve tried all the steps on the website and still nothing. Extremely disappointed with Fitbit. Should have got an Apple Watch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Try reloading the clock app. Worried for me.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Did you try resetting the clock face in the app?  That fixed mine and it’s been fine since
Best Answer
0 Votes

I too had a blank screen. I changed the clockface and this seemed to clear the problem. Hope this helps

Best Answer

@Remi22 wrote:

I had the same problems ,(black screen) on my charge 3. I could still see progress on my phone but I need a watch. I went to change clock screen and picked a new one and for now it works. Not sure why but glad I experimented. 

My screen also went blank.  Nothing I tried seemed to work.  However, reading the commments here, I changed the clock face.  Initially, I just had a white line across the face, but now it appears to be ok.  Thank you for the heads-up about changing the clock face.  Fingers crossed it will be fine now.

Best Answer
I changed the clock face and it wirked. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hate to say it but it is likely to be a recurring issue. I had the issue with an unresponsive screen after a couple of months and found the same solution you did. The suggestions from so called customer services is a joke as none of these ever work. Sadly it’s happened again after only another 6 weeks. Will not be buying another Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner @samsq Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry for the late response. However, I'm so glad to hear that your Charge 3 trackers are working properly after changing the clock face. Thank you for sharing the steps you followed in order to have the issue fixed.

@MD100 I'm sorry about the issue you experienced with your Charge 3. I know how frustrating this is for you and I appreciate your feedback since this helps us to keep improving.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got a replacement unit from Fitbit around 12/27. On Monday 2/26/2019, I had the blank screen problem for the first time. Luckily this time I knew about the fix for the clock face.  During that time I've only seemed to have lost bluetooth synch a few times which required a phone reboot. 

Best Answer
0 Votes