Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 is constantly vibrating and screen going on and off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

All of a sudden the Fitbit keeps vibrating then the screen keeps switching between click face and the notification screen. Had to take it off. The charge is at 42% so it’s not battery life.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
606 REPLIES 606

When I asked about replacing mine, the coupon did not apply to the sale prices.

Best Answer
0 Votes

FitBit got back to me and asked for my information for the warranty, I know I am out of warranty with them BUT I had purchased a protection plan where I bought it. So I am managing to get a full refund from them. Mailed it in today and bought a new tracker. Did not go with FitBit though, sad to say goodbye as I did enjoy FitBit BUT too many issues with the Charge 3 by itself, let alone the Google Pixel 3a is still not supported. (I have been using my old iPhone for my FitBit). So I went with a new tracker. 

It's a shame, truly is. Let's hope this new change works out better for me. I never should have upgraded and should have stuck with my Charge 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes
What did you end up going with? I am looking g to get something different
from fitbit. I sadly, thought it would be best if I went through fitbit but
now I wish I would have went somewhere else. Good for you on getting an
extra protection plan!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I went with a Garmin Forerunner 245, as it supposedly had really good HR tracking. So far it has been spot on, my Charge always had my HR higher by about 5-6 beats (before it went insanely screwy) and the F245 is off by maybe 2-3, not even. Mind you I have only had it for 4 days, but so far I am really happy with it. Apparently the sleep portion is not as good as FitBit, but I don't care too much about that. The interface is more complex, it isn't touch screen and the app also is more complex. But after some fiddling I figured it out pretty quickly. I also finally get notifications from my Pixel to my watch, which is nice.

I did notice this particular one has issues with the screen messing up, so I bought the 4 year protection plan (since it is a very expensive watch) just in case it goes on me. 

If you use Reddit there is a really good forum to asks questions about Garmin if you are interested, also about FitBit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
This is amazing, thank you so much!
Best Answer
0 Votes

No problem! Good luck 🙂 (ignore the sad face, it won't let me delete it for some odd reason )😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has started for me too this weekend. I removed from phone and reconnected, reset Fitbit last night and seemed to work perfectly. Been woken up this morning around 6 30am with it vibrating again every two seconds and an email from Fitbit telling me the battery is very low (yet it was 100% when I charged it last night at 10.30pm). 

The watch itself will not switch on via tap or pressing the side. Will try again to reset but watch is only a year old. Nothing but issues. 

Is there a way to stop this????

Best Answer
0 Votes
if you’ve tried all of the resets No I don’t think so I’d just contact
customer support and then cut your losses and buy a different make of
fitness tracker Good Luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ha thanks. I should take it back under warranty but JL is not open 😔

Let's see what Fitbit say - you can only turn it off and on again so many times. Now fully charged, I just had the smiley face and cannot activate the screen (tap, side touch). 

Cut my losses and go back to a normal watch. The Charge 3s have not been my friend constant issues but have to say JL refund team have been amazing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nope. Buy a new fitness tracker.
Best Answer
0 Votes

HI, I've tried this and my fitbit won't even turn off.  Before this occurred, my fit bit screen would not turn on when I turned my wrist to check the time.  I had to manually push the button on the side to turn the screen on.  The restart did NOT work to stop the vibrating and flashing screen.  Not sure what to do from here.... very frustrating as I've never had problems with fitbit before.  Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated.

thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes! I forgot to say that previously. After about 6 months if I turned my wrist it would come on. I had to double tap the screen or hit the side button to see time/any information. 

Looks like I'm after a refund. I've just had smiley face staring at my for the past 10 hours! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just contacted support and only took two minutes vs. no response for 5 weeks from online forum will all us disgruntled customers really? Why do they have online moderators that do not respond? I've had the device for 18 months (this is my third one- 3rd version) so about 6 months out of warranty. We tried the two fixes a 8 second reset and 15 second reset so it's officially dead. He offered me a 25% discount to throw my good money after a bad product and company that does not support.  This is clearly a known problem and mine is now in the trash. Goodbye Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry to hear that. Mine is still under warranty at John Lewis (second one though) so I'm heading back there. Yeah, it's a known problem and there seem to be many threads with same message. Such a shame. Two close friends had the model before and they are still going!!!???? Oh well. Thanks for the support people. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
If you are anywhere out of your warranty, even a single day, they wont fo
anything for you.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I ordered and received a new Charge 3 and now the problem has fixed itself on my old one!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hhmm... maybe I shall try again with the old one.
Best Answer
0 Votes
My entire family (5 members) all got Charge 3 in past 2 years. Mine (so
far) is only one that has crapped out but letting them know what signs to
watch for. I’ve been a FitBit user for almost a decade but after experience
with Charge 2 & 3 both dying in less than 2 years, I think this is the
final push for me to an Apple watch. I can’t keep supporting a company that
puts out a shoddy product just to make people need to replace it right
after warranty expires.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine vibrates constantly too. The display doesn’t seem to change, though. Also it is a charge HR. Does anyone have a fix?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Get a new one.
Best Answer
0 Votes