Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 is constantly vibrating and screen going on and off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

All of a sudden the Fitbit keeps vibrating then the screen keeps switching between click face and the notification screen. Had to take it off. The charge is at 42% so it’s not battery life.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
606 REPLIES 606
Good luck.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Unfortunately the tracker is dead. I have not seen any fix for this. I had
to buy a new one.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue. One day, suddenly, the watch started to vibrate all the time. Battery life was really bad. Then, a few days later, it died. I see a black screen, the sensor is not lighting up, but still vibrates every ~30 seconds. I cannot reset (doesn't seem to respond) and cannot connect to the app. Basically, I cannot do anything. Is there any solution to this problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes
No, they are sending me a new one, fortunately it’s still in warranty. The new watch’s warranty starts from the old watch though. So ... hopefully this one won’t go.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Buy a new fitness tracker from someone other than a company that does not
care about their products... when a company makes a mistake and screws
something up, they should make it right.
If you are inside your warranty, fitbit is your best friend. If you are
even 1 day outside of your warrenty... nothing. You are the twice removed,
third aunt, from the black sheep uncle...
Best Answer

This is my worry about the Charge 3 -- that it will fail permanently after the warranty expires, and Fitbit will just shrug their shoulders.

A couple of days ago, I had what I think is a related problem: the screen wouldn't turn on at all, and holding the button produced a continuous vibration as long as I held it (up to about 5-10 seconds, randomly).

I spoke to Fitbit support on the phone and they went through the limited set of troubleshooting that appears to be possible with this device. You'll see the same procedures listed for almost every single support request here:

1. Plug it in and hold the button for 8 seconds for a "short" reboot.
  2. Plug it in and hold the button for 15 seconds for a "long" reboot.
  3. Try changing the clock face.

For the most part then, it seems troubleshooting means "turn it off and on again".

Anyway, the support agent helpfully sent a link to a form for a replacement device. I waited until the next morning, when the battery apparently died and forced it to properly restart when I plugged it in again. It seemed okay, so I emailed Fitbit and said I wouldn't need a replacement.

However, a day or two later and I'm seeing phantom button presses that vibrate and wake the device up. It feels like a precursor to a more permanent failure.

From what I've read in this thread, it feels like serious flaw in either the button hardware or software. Since I just rebooted the device a few minutes ago and the problem has stopped (who knows for how long), that would suggest a software problem. But if so, why has this been going on for so long (if the reports in this discussion thread are related)?

I'd really like to see more transparency from Fitbit into what sort of problems are known, how they can be properly resolved, or whether a hardware repair / replacement is required. It is not acceptable for Fitbit to simply "wait it out" and hope that most people make it until beyond the warranty period before their devices die permanently. You cannot sustain a successful business for long by doing that, even though the Charge 3 is a great product, when it works.

Best Answer

I am also having the same issue. I have read all of the comments and trouble shooting.  And nothing is working.   Can anything else be done.  I feel so lost without my Fitbit.

Thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Tritone,
Very well said.
Fitbit wont be transparent though. They will continue to sell faulty
equipment.
Best Answer
0 Votes
All these symptoms indicate the watch is dead. At first sign, call to see
if you can get a replacement. I waited too long and had to buy a new watch.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is the second fault with a Charge 3 that I have had.  My first one went very hot and then died.  This is my replacement, which I received in August 2019 but didn't raise the enthusiasm to use until  the October. Therefore both my Charge 3 products have failed after  approximately 7 months of use. On the other hand, my friend, who purchased a Charge 3 before me, has had no problems at all in 2 years.

Best Answer
0 Votes
That's exactly what happened to me. First, I started getting some phantom
button presses making the device vibrate. I restarted and it got better.
After a few days, the device was completely dead. No charging, no way to
reboot it, anything. All started with those phantom button presses.

I bought it 1 year and a few days ago, so there is no warranty. However, I
think Fitbit really needs to improve the quality of their devices. I have
bought 4 devices. None of them lasted more than a year.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello All

having the same problem. Went thru the reset steps outlined here. Didn’t work.

i purchased thru Amazon who says I get no replacement bc I didn’t order the 2 year warranty. After 90 days I’m out of luck. A 7 month device is now useless. Very frustrating. Guess my only choice is to buy an Apple Watch and advise all of my friends not to buy a Fitbits

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, I did. I have figured out it's not waterproof and to take it off
before a shower or the pool. Once it dried out and I reset it...it worked
fine. If it gets too wet it acts up again.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi - I have been experiencing the same issues since last week Wednesday, I have tried the 15-second rule a number of times since then, I still experience the same issue. I followed the link to log a call with support, this to me to LinkedIn and I do not have a LinkedIn account. I am based in South Africa and I cannot find a Fitbit representative offìce anywhere.

This is the second Charge 3 that I have purchased in the last two years, my first issue was around the screen. I am now experiencing the issue detailed above 8 months after purchasing my second Charge 3. I love the Fitbit brand, I am however disillusioned around the product.

Best Answer
0 Votes
They are supposed to be water proof. I swam with mine many many times.
If you are in your warrenty time period, then get it replaced while you can!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I think it might be that in some cases some water leaks in and the device
stops working properly. It happens to me. It was dead for a week. Then, I
connected it again to the charger just to see if something happened, and it
is working again! In the past, I used it to swim without problems, but
seems like something happened to my device and it is not water proof any
longer.

So, maybe living your device in a dry place for sometime might help to
solve the problems and don't get into the water again with your tracker.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mahalo - thank you.  This restart seems to have worked for me.  I have a display again and not continuously vibrating.  Hoping it stays working.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks, I'll give that a try.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same issues that seem to be well documented by many users here. So disappointing! I haven’t found a fix yet and have tried all recommendations that I have found here. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Me too they are sending me another one
Best Answer
0 Votes