Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 is constantly vibrating and screen going on and off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

All of a sudden the Fitbit keeps vibrating then the screen keeps switching between click face and the notification screen. Had to take it off. The charge is at 42% so it’s not battery life.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
606 REPLIES 606
Thank you for letting me know the details of your experience. I think I'm going to find another product from a different company based on all the feedback I have had regarding this matter.
Best Answer
Yes, I would, too. My Fitbit is now in a different "stage" of not holding a charge...it is basically dead. I think the vibrating and screen going off and on is "step 1" of the breaking of the Fitbit3
Best Answer
0 Votes

Update to my previous note.  Still not totally normal yet.  Have had to restart several times since using the 15 second or longer, restart.  3 hours to 2 days before having to restart again.  Unable to change clock face.  Battery charge now only lasting 2-3 days whereas before it lasted 6-7 days.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done this process several times in the past 24 hours and it hasn't fixed it. I have also changed the click face. Wearing the watch it keeps making constant vibrations and going onto the screen wake/notifications screen. I'm gutted because I use my fitbit everyday and don't want to be without it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done all of these things suggested and it is still flickering onto the notifications screen. I don't know what else to do

Best Answer
0 Votes

You are out of luck unless you are still in the 1 year warranty period with your device. Fitbit does not care that the charge 3 has this defect.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have had it just less than a year but not sure who to get in contact with.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have not had my fitbit since I created this thread. I still look at my
wrist. I miss having my tracker. I dont have the money to buy anything else
right now.
Good luck.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine was doing same as yours.  I have gotten it to restart by:

- hook up usb charger to your FBC3

- hold down the side button of your FBC3 until you see a thin blue line build horizontally across middle of the display - took my FBC3 more than the 8 or 15 seconds to restart as suggested by FB help.  If yours doesn't restart within a minute then probably not going to work for you?

- unhook charger and wait a few seconds before hooking charger back up to your FBC3

Hopefully you will then have your FBC3 display back again.  Fully charge your FBC3.

Best Answer
I have tried this multiple times with customer service rep on phone—does
not work!!
Best Answer

I have tried it as well and no service From the company as of yet! 

Best Answer
My FitBit was working ok for two days. Now it’s completely died.

I’m buying an iWatch. And will tell everyone not to buy a Fitbit Charge.
Mine lasted 9 months. Waste of money!
Best Answer
Yep!
Best Answer
0 Votes
HiI thought that it has a year warranty? I thought mine had corrected itself because its stopped doing the vibrate thing but then I noticed it was measuring my heart rate really high and now the battery keeps completely going within 24 hours. I charged it last night and its completely dead this morning. I am going to contact the shop I bought it from and see what they say. I hope you have more look with your new device. It's so frustrating that we cannot speak to people at Fitbit and are just directed to the forums. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has been doing the exact same thing the past couple of days. Over followed all the ideas they’ve suggested several times. Today it even worked for several hours but then it just goes back to going crazy again! So frustrating! Has anyone found the answer? Clearly many people are having this problem so it can’t just be a coincidence! 

Best Answer

Mine is doing the exact same with no answers so far, tried all the suggestions but nothing has worked. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
HiI did the online chat and mine was still in warranty so I could get a replacement. It arrived in less than two days so I'm very happy. Not sure if yours is in warranty?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I did the online chat after trying everything. The person online was really helpful and could see it was still in warranty so I could get a replacement.it arrived in less than two days and now I'm back to using my fitbit. If yours is less than a year old it should still be in warranty?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Turns out my Fitbit totally died after all this....it was no longer under warranty, so I am out of a very expensive watch after only a few years. Fitbit should either make them less expensive or give a better warranty, IMHO, if you have to buy a new one after a few years. Their only concession was sending me a 25% off coupon to buy a new one....the price I could probably get at Costco when they have them there again. I am done with Fitbit after years of being a loyal customer with their various devices... 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update: I let my charger’s battery completely die and then reset it. It is working now sort of - heart rate is way off but at least it tracks now. Will see how long it works...

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes