Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 not tracking sleep

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Bought my Fitbit Charge 3 on Saturday. Tracked my sleep first night, hasn’t since for last 3 nights. Have to keep putting it on charger and restarting. Few hours later it appears on watch and phone. Can’t keep doing this! Any ideas?

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
512 REPLIES 512

Ive got the same problem. 

Bought a new Charge 3 which isn't cheap and most of the time it doesn't log my sleep or what I drink. Also no local weather shown either. Surely there must be a technical fault somewhere because everyone is having the same problem. 

I sync my phone or iPad regularly in the hope it will resolve the issue but it doesn't.  

If you wear the watch and the phone is syncing, Isn't that enough????

Best Answer
Try this, this work for me...

Going to the sleep logging of your tracker, kindly observe your tracker after doing a long restart as instructed below: 1. Plug the tracker into the charging cable. 2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, hold the button down for 15 seconds. 3. Remove their finger from button. Note: Device won't have a smiley face icon and should be off with a black screen. 4. Remove the device from the charging cable. 5. Plug the device into the charging cable again. 6. The smiley face icon appears on the screen. After doing the long restart, continue to observe your sleep data making sure to sync your tracker before and after sleeping. If the issue will persist, provide us the exact duration of your sleep when it was not fully recorded. We appreciate your understanding and we'll wait for your update.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Try this, this work for me....

Going to the sleep logging of your tracker, kindly observe your tracker after doing a long restart as instructed below: 1. Plug the tracker into the charging cable. 2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, hold the button down for 15 seconds. 3. Remove their finger from button. Note: Device won't have a smiley face icon and should be off with a black screen. 4. Remove the device from the charging cable. 5. Plug the device into the charging cable again. 6. The smiley face icon appears on the screen. After doing the long restart, continue to observe your sleep data making sure to sync your tracker before and after sleeping. If the issue will persist, provide us the exact duration of your sleep when it was not fully recorded. We appreciate your understanding and we'll wait for your update.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. Will give that a try but surely we shouldn't really have to be doing all this when the watch works perfectly well on all the other aspects of data collection?

The only things it doesn't track is water, sleep and weather. Its not the end of the world but if its advertised doing that then you expect it..... I will try this when I get some time which is what Im usually short of. K

Best Answer

I have exactly the same problem with mine. Tracked sleep for the first week, nothing for 3 weeks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. Tracked fine for 2 weeks. Now it either doesn't track sleep or doesntd start until several hours after I've gone to sleep. Also, I cannot find where to adjust the sensitivity as stated in above posts.

Best Answer
Same problem!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I can’t find how to change to sensitivity either. Can anyone tell us how to do that  please? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried this and it worked, Thankyou! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did the 15 second restart that Saldunc recommended and it worked. 

Best Answer
I finally learned that one must go to the web and do it on the dashboard
there. I didn't even know there was a web connection. I found it at
www.fitbit.com. There is button for "Dashboard" to the right of the Fitbit
logo below the ad banner. Way off to the right of that is the settings
gearwheel button. Tap that and a drop down will reveal "Settings."
Personal Info will show up. Scroll down to Advanced Settings and there is
the Sleep Sensitivity. Talk about buried! I tried that last night and it
still didn't catch my first 2 hours of sleep.

Good luck.

I'm losing faith in this thing.
Best Answer

I finally learned that one must go to the web and do it on the dashboard there. I didn't even know there was a web connection. I found it at www.fitbit.com. There is button for "Dashboard" to the right of the Fitbit logo below the ad banner. Way off to the right of that is the settings gearwheel button. Tap that and a drop down will reveal "Settings."  Personal Info will show up. Scroll down to Advanced Settings and there is the Sleep Sensitivity. Talk about buried! I tried that last night and it still didn't catch my first 2 hours of sleep.

Good luck.

I'm losing faith in this thing.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. The last time my watch sinc'd all info to my phone and fitbit.com was on November 26. I tried the 15 second long reset...didn't work; tried changing the sensitivity...didn't work; tried uninstalling and reinstalling my fitbit app on my phone...made no difference.  My husband is very upset he spend the money on this product and it only worked for a short period of time. 

And other suggestions on who to get this Charge 3 to work correctly?

Best Answer
Hi
I tried the 15 second one about 3 times before it worked. I think fitbit really need to get their act together on this.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi 

i tried the 15 second reset about 3/4 times before it worked. I think fitbit really need to address this problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issues. I upgraded from original alta for the sleep data. I changed sensitivity ...did a long restart. I am going to return the charge 3, I think. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It took several times for me as well. And, I'm still not sure it worked. Shall have to see tonight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue and even AFTER I sync with the app, my Charge 3 still stays Sleep Not Tracked 

Please advise on how to remedy this 

Best Answer

Wish I could help Many mornings my Charge 3 still says the same thing but then later in the day "something" shows up. The quotes are because I think it gets the night confused and records something from 2 nights ago as occurring last night. For example I know that I was up and awake Tuesday night for about 2 hours. The synch showed it as 2 separate sleep periods on Wednesday morning. That made sense. Then this morning, when I know that I slept the night through the app now shows I slept through on Tuesday night and had a several hour gap last night (Wednesday) in the same time frame as Tuesday nights reality. Makes no sense. Also getting exercise errors in that some days aren't logged. Monday's workout wasn't logged as a workout but the distance and steps were. Go figure.

Best Answer
0 Votes