Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 screen is dim

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The light on my charge 4 is so dim I can hardly read the face.  The battery is fully charged.

What can I do to correct this issue.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Have you checked the brightness setting on the Charge 4. Swipe left to setting, tap

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
81 REPLIES 81

Hi @mhardin71. Welcome! It's great to have you on board.

Thanks for sharing that the Charge 4 screen is dim and to work on this together, could you please confirm if this happens when being outside? Also, have you tried adjusting the brightness level through the settings app on your tracker?

If you haven't done so, please try restarting your Charge 4 with the steps described in the help article and keep an eye on your tracker.

Let me know how it goes.

Best Answer

Have you checked the brightness setting on the Charge 4. Swipe left to setting, tap

Best Answer

Yes!  Swiping to bring up SETTINGS.  Then it will ask 'bright' 'normal' etc.  Worked!

Best Answer

Hi @Angelizz10, it's nice to have you around. @Rich_Laue, thanks for your great suggestion!

@Angelizz10, thanks for joining this thread and I'm glad that your Charge 4 screen started working after adjusting the brightness settings. You did a good job! If you have time, let me invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you can share your experiences and make new friends. If there's anything else I can do for you, please let me know.

See you around! 😊

Best Answer

Doesn’t help, as background is just as dim outside despite adjusting the light to high. This is extremely frustrating as I cannot see the screen at all when outside. Is Fitbit looking at this problem at all?

Yes, yes and yes..Have tried all three of your suggestions and they don’t help. And yes, as I described it’s a major problem outdoors.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Hi @Rebecca22. It's nice to see you around the forums.

Thanks for sharing that your Charge 4 screen is dim and for trying the suggestions from my post. That's a good start and I'm sorry that you're not able to see your details when going outside. Because those troubleshooting tips didn't work on your tracker, I've contacted our Support team so they can open a case for you and continue helping you with this situation via email. Just note that due to recent events affecting our operations there might be a delay in their reply, but they'll get in touch with you soon.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer

If you can't see the screen, what good does this do?

Best Answer

Hi @RobII. Welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for joining this thread. I understand your point of view since the screen of the Charge 4 was designed to display your stats and the rest of your data. May I know if you're having this issue with your tracker? Have you tried adjusting the brightness level? You can do this by swiping to the left, opening the Settings app and looking for brightness. Also, let me recommend to perform a restart.

I'll look forward to your response.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Lizzy, sorry, MALF @ my end, was destined for the Charge 3 forum, not the Charge 4.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @RobII. I hope you're doing well.

Thanks for clarifying that the display issue is with your Charge 3. In that case, I'd recommend to add your comments in the Fitbit Charge 3 board by clicking New Topic so you can have more chances to receive help from the moderators and the Community. For troubleshooting tips, check our help article.

If you have another question, feel free to let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your suggestions.

Sendt fra min IPad

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Rebecca22. Welcome back.

You're welcome and thanks to you for keeping me posted. In case you have some spare time, I’d like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members. Don't hesitate to let me know if you need anything else from me.

See you around!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is so dim I cannot see the settings.  How many swipe ups?

Best Answer

Hi @bluemusicnut. Welcome. It's nice to have you on board!

Thanks for joining this thread and trying to adjust the screen brightness of your Charge 4. Because your post didn't mention, may I know if you've also tried restarting your tracker? If not, please give it a try and keep me posted with the outcome.

I'll look forward to your response.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I restart?  Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @bluemusicnut. I hope you're doing well.

Thanks for replying back and I added an hyperlink in my post that will take you to the instructions on how to restart your tracker. If by any chance it doesn't work, click here.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The reboot seems to be working fine. I noticed today that outdoors on a
bright sunny day, I could not see the display at all. Indoors it is normal.
--

"If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy,
frequency and vibration." -Nicola Tesla

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer

Hi @bluemusicnut. I'm glad to see you here again.

Thanks for replying back and confirming that you've tried the restart process. Because the issue with the screen persists, I've requested a case on your behalf so you can receive further assistance from our Support teamPlease note that due to recent events affecting our operations there might be a delay in their reply, but they'll get in touch with you soon.

Let me know how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have this problem. Changing the brightness setting and doing a reset did not fix it. It makes my device unusable outside.

Best Answer