Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge stopped syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can not figure out why my Fitbit Charge has stopped syncing with my phone.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
39 REPLIES 39

Mt fitbit wont sync and my tracker wont update, its been about 3/4 months since I've been able to use it. Has anyone been helped with their issue? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,
Here is what I sent to fitbit support...
My first fitbit charge lasted about 7 months.
Fitbit gracefully replaced it. (with what?-- I still don't know)
The replacement lasted 2 months when it suddenly stopped syncing.
I did everything they suggested to get it to sync again.
Unpaired all other devices....since they mean absolutely nothing to me..?:/
Fitbit said there is no warranty on the replacement which made me question the whole warranty to begin with.
They offered me a 20% discount for a new fitbit:):)
Wow...Since I really got my money worth from my first one:/
So I'm guessing my fabulous replacement was less than stellar to begin with.
Then suddenly after 6 weeks it was syncing again!!! Wow!!! It does work!!
But then the back piece fell off...
So i googled and got some plastic super glue stuff,, worked like a charm!!! Kind of like being back to building little airplanes and ships from the Hobby store!!
Now 8 weeks later it's not syncing again...And I'm very fed up with this issue that is obviously not a problem related to fitbit:\
At least that's what they say.
I will happily retire my $125.00 investment just like fitbit wants me to do.
I'm happy to have been of service and please fitbit...use my hard earned money I have so gracefully donated to your company to hire some more stellar people to take us buyers for all we are worth!!
Sincerely,
_not a fan!! Leila, Colorado

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

It's nice to see you all around the Community! Smiley Happy

To fix the issue with the synchronization I recommend to restart the tracker by following this steps:

1. Plug your charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger and the other end into the port on the back of your Fitbit Charge or Fitbit Charge HR. Your tracker will begin charging.
2. Press and hold the button for 10 to 12 seconds until you see the Fitbit icon and a version number (e.g. "V30").
3. Let go of the button and unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

If this does not fix the issue, you can also try the steps provided by my friend @HelenaFitbit to fix this issue using different platforms

Hope this helps and let me know if you need more help! It's great to have you in the Community! Smiley Wink

Marlen S. | Community Moderator

What's for breakfast?Check others recipes and share yours!

Best Answer
Too little too late. I took back my Fitbit and bought a Garmin.
Best Answer

Hey @wokingthewok, it's nice to see you. 

Sorry to know that you no longer use your Fitbit, however I'm glad to read that you continue with your active and healthy life style! Smiley Very Happy

Happy stepping! Heart

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good for you replacing your fitbit with a Garmin!! 😎
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @leilac, great to see you again!

It's nice to see that you encourage other members to continue having a healthy and active life!

I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members.

Catch you later. Cat Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fit bit Alta stopped syncing with the dashboard. What is the fix for that?

Best Answer
0 Votes
My husband has stop syncing as well for the last few days , on my friends list he is showing non active (he plays sport most days) . We have already done the deleting the app on his phone , it worked for a day . A So my old flex you could reset the Fitbit by putting a pin in to reset can you do this with the charge? 

@patchesfd wrote:

Mine stopped syncing yesterday. It doesnt want to connect with anything.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am just trying to reset my husbands charge hr with his phone, after unstalling it . It just wont reset with his phone

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Mimimusician and @Sonic172, it's great to see you in the Community! Heart

I recommend following the steps provided by my friend @MarreFitbit to fix the issue with different platforms, @Mimimusician please check this post for windows or this one for Mac and follow all the steps to complete the process. 

@Sonic172 to restart your husband's Charge HR please follow the steps provided by @AlejandraFitbit, after the restart, check this post if your husband's phone is an Iphone or this one if it's an Android.

If you have any further questions, please let me know! Cat Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge is not connecting to phone.  Just stopped 2 days ago?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Finally found the solution to my not syncing problem. Closing the app on my phone and restarting it! How simple was that? Surprised it took me so long to find that suggestion in the community. I restarted the Alta and tried looking for software updates and firmware updates, restarted my phone, etc, when all along I just needed to close the app!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Howdy @Nelldog and @Mimimusician, hope you are doing great and enjoying some healthy activities. Heart

@Nelldog My recommendation is to follow the instructions I posted here for a general troubleshooting of the syncing problem. If this does not work, you can also check the requirements and specific troubleshooting depending on the OS of your phone. If you're using Android follow these steps, however if you have an iOS device try these ones.

@Mimimusician I'm glad to know that you were able to resolve the issue by yourself. If you have time please check our Discussions board where you will find other members sharing their experiences and tips for an active lifestyle.

See you around! Cat Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

so frustrating was in the middle of a challenge and can no longer sync.  I have tried everything a computer illiterate person can do.  I am so bummed can no longer do challenges

I don't know why it does not recognize any longer.  Any ideas I can try?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine says V122 not /v30

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you try closing the app on your phone and reopening it? That was the magic solution that I discovered.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I did  It is actually on a Samsung tablet  I have taken app off and reinstalled about 5 yikes to no avail.  

Sent from my Galaxy Tab A
Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you ever get a reply?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Versa 2.  Turned it off & then back on & it synced.  Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes