Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 3 - Screen Not Working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi Everyone,

Ive had my Fitbit Charge 3 for nearly a week now and was working fine up until last night.

When I woke up this morning the screen was not working and it wasn’t syncing with the app.

One the back of the device, there is a green and red light constantly flashing. 

Ive tried pressing the side buttons and I have tried putting it on charge but neither are working. 

Does anyone one have any tips on what to do?

Thanks

Best Answer
597 REPLIES 597

my screen wasn’t working either but followed advice about plugging in to charge and then hold side button down for 8!seconds , it worked. But now I have another small issue; it’s not vibrating when I get text message or phone call. What should I do?

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
Go to your phone and turn on the type of notification you want – vibrate. Every thing is set up with your phone now or corrected by it .

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes

Omg Thanks for this. I was getting way too frustrated, but your tip worked.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the advice.  My Fitbit three suddenly had blinking dots on the screen in a geometric pattern and 001 at the bottom. Following your advice, I plugged it in and held the side button on until it went off and then the happy face came on and it’s charging once again. 

Best Answer

Which button are you holding?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I couldn't find "How to restart Charge 3", so I want to add it here just incase people like me want to know.

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on a computer or a UL-certified
USB wall charger.
2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker.
The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
3. Press and hold the button on your tracker for 8 seconds. Release the button. When you see a smile face and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.

It worked to me.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I plugged it into the charger and held the button on the left side (the only button on my Fitbit) for a few seconds. The weird dot pattern disappeared, the Fitbit turned off and started to charge. It was down to 4% and basically empty of any power. Hope this helps.

Kindness,
Sandy
Best Answer
0 Votes

The hole that’s on the back left side correct?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, do not touch it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
The little indentation on the side. There is only one (charge 3). 😉

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have a Charge 5. I plugged it into the charger, held the “on” button for several seconds and it “rebooted.” Perhaps yours is different than the 5 since I do not have a “hole” on the back of the Fitbit Charge 5.

Kindness,
Sandy
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi
It’s at the side of the fit bit. If you look at your fit bit on each side you will see an indentation in the watch. That’s what we are calling a button

Regards

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, thanks for your participation in the Community.

@JohnSuperStar@Lisa_Lisa@Mimibow and @Que52, thanks for the input.

@ericakump, if your tracker displays isn't working, I recommend restarting the devices, if the restart process doesn't work, perform a long restart:

• Plug the device into the charging cable.
  • While the device is plugged into the charging cable, hold the button down for 15 seconds.
  • Remove your finger from button. Note: Device won't have a smiley face icon and should be off with a black screen.
  • Remove the device from the charging cable.
  • Plug the device into the charging cable again.
  • The smiley face icon appears on the screen.

If these procedures don't work, change your trackers clock faces by following the instructions provide in the help article How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device?.

@gaklebba, it's great to hear that your display issue has been resolved. Now about the vibration, you can try to restart the device. Just keep in mind that we are moderating this thread for users who can't turn on their devices. If you are experiencing other issues or have a feature suggestion or improvement, I encourage you to find a similar thread, check out the feature suggestion board or start a new thread.

@Kristine-kri@Kuma3 and @Thedivots, I am glad to hear that your display issue has been resolved. If there is anything else we can help you with, do not hesitate to post it.

Catch you later. Man Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Easiest solution I've found for this problem is switching clock faces. With the phone app takes about 40 secs and done screen comes back. I had this happen to me twice since December once in Jan and now so about once a month. I wonder what is causing this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree - using the app on the phone to change the clock face solves the
blank screen. Holding the button for 8 to 10 seconds did not work this last
time.

I've had it happen 2 x over the 6 months. As long as I can revive the
fitbit I'm good with it - but it is a bit stressful LOL.

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes

It worked! Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The reset directions worked to get display back up on my Charge 3. However, my question to Fitbit is “why” does my Charge 3 keep losing is functions / display. That’s the real elephant in the room that needs to be addressed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
My Charge 5 lost it because the battery was completely worn down—something like 3%. I usually charge it every 3days or so.

Kindness,
Sandy
Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked. Thank you!! This was the only answer that worked for my charger 3. 

Best Answer

I contacted Fitbit Customer Svc:

1. While Charge 3 plugged in, then held the button for 15 seconds.

The loading line began.

2. Took it off the charger, then put it back on.

3. Smiley sign showed up.

4. Took it off to make sure the other modes on Charge 3 were functional (they were).

5. Customer Svc Rep recorded the incident in case another glitch occurs.

L:)

Best Answer
0 Votes