Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting call but not text notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I receive call notifications but I don’t receive txt notifications on my Fitbit charge 2. I’ve unpaired and paired my phone, turned in and off the Bluetooth. Uninstall and install the Fitbit app. What do I do now?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
80 REPLIES 80

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @JaCory19! Thanks for troubleshooting this already, great way to go! Woman Very Happy

Are you using the iOS app? If so, I'm afraid to say that some iOS users are currently experiencing this issue with the notifications. They are able to receive call/calendar notifications, but not texts. Our engineers are aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible. 

However, I'd try following these steps to see if they do the trick. Hopefully they do!

Have a nice day!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Hi! Has there been any update on this. I am having the same issue stated above. Thank you!

Best Answer

Same issue here.  I have tried everything...any update or is the issue fixed?

Best Answer

I am having the same issue and very frustrated! Tricks above did not work. When are you fixing this issue?

Best Answer

Same problem. Calls and calendar notifications but no text...paired with iOS. 

Best Answer

I have an Android phone and this is happening to me as well. Was working fine until a couple of days ago. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, unpaired and paired again. Only getting phone calls, but no text messages.

Best Answer

I don't get calll's or text messages. My iphone and ipod touch are both compatible for this feature.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. I am receiving calls and calendar reminders but I am unable to receive text even after rebooting it.

Best Answer

After going through MANY MANY  steps, they finally asked me if “show in history” toggle was on in my notifications setting.  It wasn’t, so once I turned it on, synced my Fitbit, I’m getting messages.  

Try that first, if not you might have to go through the reset process.  Good luck!   Sooo frustrating!

Best Answer

After going through MANY MANY steps, they finally asked me if “show in history” toggle was on in my notifications setting. It wasn’t, so once I turned it on, synced my Fitbit, I’m getting messages.
Try that first, if not you might have to go through the reset process. Good luck! Sooo frustrating!

Best Answer
Hi. Im not getting any text messages or phone call notification's. I paid alot for this watch and I want what it say's it doe's.

Sent from my iPod
Best Answer

After going through MANY MANY steps, they finally asked me if “show in history” toggle was on in my notifications setting. It wasn’t, so once I turned it on, synced my Fitbit, I’m getting messages.
Try that first, if not you might have to go through the reset process. Good luck! Sooo frustrating!

Best Answer

I have “show in history” already on....this is super frustrating! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, do you know if a fix has been found for this issue yet? It’s quite frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

OMG I have tried SO many things to make this work. i was getting calls but no text and all I had to do was to turn on show in history! Thanks so much this worked for me!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been having this issue for quite some time.  Even after getting a new phone, still not working.  I get call notifications, thankfully, but not text.  I've gone through all of the steps many times, and then a few more for good measure.  Still not working.  I hope this gets fixed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you try “show history” in notifications for messages?   That’s what was wrong with mine.  I get calls and texts now.  

Good luck!   I know it’s soooo frustrating! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. Yes I did try that and I. tried lots of things on top of that. I took the watch back and got refunded and I bought myself a different Fitbit. It does what the watch says it supposed to do. I’m very happy with this Fitbit. 😃

Best Answer
0 Votes

Maria and/or moderators. Any updates to this ongoing issue?

Best Answer